**2012-13 "Gentlemanly" NBA PG Discussion Thread**

Steph Curry isn't a pg. His game skews toward the 2 spot. He plays off the ball more than anyone on the top ten list.
How does this make him not a point guard. Is it his fault that hes the best shooter in the league and one of the greatest shooters ever? You'd have to be dumb not to play him off the ball. If Rondo could make those shots he would be getting run off screens too, but he cant. Steph is a point guard.
Steph Curry isn't a pg. His game skews toward the 2 spot. He plays off the ball more than anyone on the top ten list
Let's just stop this now
Seriously
mean.gif

Last edited:
I hate that some of yall treat this as a power ranking. Flip flopping your results by the week. Nobody gets "better" than someone within a span of a week because of a hot stretch.

Lin just started his 82nd nba game; therefore, he's still getting adjusted to playing, meaning he's still going to improve.
As I said to you before, there is NO reason for his name to be searchable content in this thread. No place.

Not now
Not in Feb of 2013
Not in Match of 2012

Last edited:
Just because theres numbers by the names doesnt mean that there are no tiers. I said earlier that my list is grouped by tiers, the top tier which consists of 3, the second tier which consists of 3, and the lower tier which consists of 4. Even so within tiers the occupants are ranked amongst themselves so you end up having a numbers system anyways.

1) Paul
2) Westbrook
3) Parker
4) Rondo
5) Curry
6) Irving
7) Deron
8)Jrue
9) Lillard
10) Lawson

The disrespect Rondo gets in this thread is :smh:

Last edited:
Steve Nash was a good shooter too - still is - But he didn't spend nearly the amount of time Curry does playing off the ball at any point of his career. I choose to discount this Lakers season because being a teammate of Kobe forced Nash to play off the ball more than usual.

Antidope, you used quite possibly the worst shooter out of all the pgs - rondo - to make your point, but there are other pgs that can shoot the ball. Ej. Deron, Cp3, but their teams keep the ball in their hands most of of the time so they can run the team. Not spotting up, running off curls, looking to catch and shoot.

Last edited:
Steve Nash was a good shooter too - still is - But he didn't spend nearly the amount of time Curry does playing off the ball at any point of his career. I choose to discount this Lakers season because being a teammate of Kobe forced Nash to play off the ball more than usual.

Antidope, you used quite possibly the worst shooter out of all the pgs - rondo - to make your point, but there are other pgs that can shoot the ball. Ej. Deron, Cp3, but their teams keep the ball in their hands most of of the time so they can run the team. Not spotting up, running off curls, looking to catch and shoot.

3. Fact or Fiction: Mike Conley is now a top-10 point guard in the NBA.

Haberstroh: Fact. The question, for me, is whether he's vaulted into the top five at his position. At the risk of sounding like a knee-jerk analyst, I'm leaning towards "yes" for his work on the defensive end. My list: Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Stephen Curry and then Mike Conley. I need to see more from Deron Williams, John Wall and Kyrie Irving, and Conley has given me two-way value that you rarely find at that position.

McGuire: Fact. The question isn't whether Conley is a top-10 point guard, at least to me -- it's whether he's top-five. He's a too-often-overlooked elite player. Conley flourishes without a signature move, banking on an elegant command of all areas on the floor. He's one of the best point guard defenders in the league and a vocal team leader.

McMenamin: Fact. But the truly special distinction is top six. Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Rajon Rondo and \Williams are the undisputed top six right now. Conley falls into the fight for 7-10 with Curry and Irving as pretty much locks, and guys like Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio, Damian Lillard and Wall trying to round out the group.

Stein: Faction. It's close. He's in that 8-to-13 range, depending on the day, but he's generally right in that No. 10 ballpark playing both ends of the floor as competently as we've seen lately.

Young: Fact. Total, complete, emphatic fact. Though really, top 10 isn't correct. Conley is actually more in the conversation of top five. By removing Rudy Gay, Conley has been free to blossom and has emerged as one of the best two-way point guards in the league.

Kyle Lowry somewhere pissed

Last edited:
it doesnt matter which way people define it. Mike Conley is not even close to top 10. and like someone else said nobody is a pure PG anymore. you have scoring PG and point fowards now of days running a offense.
:lol: at Lowry being below Conley.

Conley, he's an average playmaker with average court vision.

*Everything about Conley

I bet Mike Conley solidifies himself as a top 10 PG this season.

http://s119.photobucket.com/user/jahwob/media/SAM-JACKSON-CLAPPING-GIF.gif.html

Last edited:
So now that Rondo is officially out of people's Top 5, who takes his place?

Im hoping our boy can get into everybodys top 10 and arguably be a top 5 pg in the leauge its not farfetched either

Second half of the season he averaged 20 ppg 5 rpg and 9 apg all star numbers

Why is Rondo out of the running? Because he is hurt or because he won't have anyone to pass the ball to? :smh:

Why is Rondo out of the running? Because he is hurt or because he won't have anyone to pass the ball to? :smh:

Because hes hurt, i want dude to ball out this year shut the critics up, you know the ones who said he was only putting up such numbers cause he was a product of the celtics system

Rondo is a top-5 regardless of his supporting cast in Boston.

He'll stuff the stat sheet night in and night out. Light work.

Back
Top Bottom