[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

Drafting Arenas and Baron Davis?
laugh.gif

They were my last two picks..I need a PG badly and I feel these two players had the most potential out of the players that were left

Arenas doesn't even have a team and Davis won't be giving you anything for a couple of months probably. That's two wasted roster spots right now.

^in theory they have potential but in reality they have no fantasy value at all, i'd rather pick up jj barea than have those two guys right now

What are you're guy's thoughts on rookies such as Rubio, Kemba, Irving, and Derrick Williams?

Rubio or Irving?
Derrick Favors or Derrick Williams?

^ Irving and Favors but Irving looks really sloppy handling the ball right now and favors is a stud when given the opportunity but millsap is in his way.

Feel bad for all the steph curry owners out there, dude rolled the same ankle that plagued him all of last year.

Feedback on my team?
12 team league H2H

[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td](11)[/td][td]Al Jefferson(Uta - PF,C)[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td](14)[/td][td]Russell Westbrook(OKC - PG)[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td](35)[/td][td]John Wall(Was - PG)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td](38)[/td][td]Steve Nash(Pho - PG)[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td](59)[/td][td]Andrew Bynum(LAL - C)[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td](62)[/td][td]Tim Duncan(SA - PF,C)[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td](83)[/td][td]Stephen Jackson(Mil - SG,SF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td](86)[/td][td]Jason Terry(Dal - PG,SG)[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td](107)[/td][td]Anderson Varejao(Cle - PF,C)[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td](110)[/td][td]Evan Turner(Phi - SG,SF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td](131)[/td][td]Paul George(Ind - SG,SF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td](134)[/td][td]Anthony Morrow(NJ - SG,SF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td][td](155)[/td][td]Mo Williams(LAC - PG)[/td][/tr][/table]

just traded away Tyreke Evans, Dejaun Blair and Klay Thompson for Kevin Martin and Marc Gasol

Pretty satisified with that deal, I just traded Tony Parker for Tyreke beforehand, so basically Parker, Blair and Thompson for Martin and Gasol.

also, what are your feelings on Josh Howard.  he's obviously a FA in my league and thinking about taking a risk on him in case he starts to flourish (I have an empty roster spot and not many good FA's. Tmac, chase buddinger, shawne williams, etc...)

^for a 20 team league that is a pretty good team but yi isn't even in the nba right now so you might want to drop him. also al thornton isn't on a team, and even if he was he probably wouldn't contribute a lot

I think D Will have a good year and should get 25-30 mins hopefully.  I heard he's playing mostly PF.  Kemba and Irving will have monster yrs and I'm not sold on Rubio yet. 

MisterP0315, I'd pick Ty, Caron, and Diaw/ JJ depending on which cat u need help on.  Batum and Collison both were dropped in my leagues. Only person I could think of dropping for Batum would be Diaw or Affalo.  Still undecided if I'm going to drop Okafor for Humphries because Hump was going off last yr after all star break and Okafor may get let boards with him playing at PF and Kaman (also a FA) as C. 

Originally Posted by diew its james

^for a 20 team league that is a pretty good team but yi isn't even in the nba right now so you might want to drop him. also al thornton isn't on a team, and even if he was he probably wouldn't contribute a lot

Yeah...draft was taking long and I had to step away, so I put it on autopick for the last few rounds.  Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

I think D Will have a good year and should get 25-30 mins hopefully.  I heard he's playing mostly PF.  Kemba and Irving will have monster yrs and I'm not sold on Rubio yet. 

MisterP0315, I'd pick Ty, Caron, and Diaw/ JJ depending on which cat u need help on.  Batum and Collison both were dropped in my leagues. Only person I could think of dropping for Batum would be Diaw or Affalo.  Still undecided if I'm going to drop Okafor for Humphries because Hump was going off last yr after all star break and Okafor may get let boards with him playing at PF and Kaman (also a FA) as C. 

batum is very similar to afflalo except batum gives blocks. i guess it wouldn't be so bad to drop diaw since bismack just got on the team and charlotte is very heavy on PF/C. just make sure you can get batum, he's a fantasy stud

batum is very similar to afflalo except batum gives blocks. i guess it wouldn't be so bad to drop diaw since bismack just got on the team and charlotte is very heavy on PF/C. just make sure you can get batum, he's a fantasy stud

Diaw gets a nice # of assists though.  I could also drop Derrick Williams, who I just picked up today.  I would just be losing some points and maybe good percentages by dropping him.  Would it be better to drop D Will?  My team's PGs are Evans, CP3, and Conley so I could also consider dropping D Will and grabbing collison to boost my assts.

Diaw gets a nice # of assists though.  I could also drop Derrick Williams, who I just picked up today.  I would just be losing some points and maybe good percentages by dropping him.  Would it be better to drop D Will? 
depends on what you need. honestly i'd just drop okafor for him, never really liked his game and hes basically reb/blocks anyway. if cp3 can't make him a better player i don't know who can...
also im not very sold on afflalo, especially since he just got paid for his "defense"

16 team league

Steve nash
James harden
Danny granger
Elton brand
Dwight howard

Fields, Anthony Randolph, Tony Parker, Rodney stuckey, and kwame brown as back ups

Thoughts?

Yeah I'm not a fan of Okafor either but he's actually kinda valuable in my league that counts Off Rebs. I accidentally dropped Affalo for Hump; I meant to drop Derrick for Batum, so I had to put that in as my 2nd request.

Damn, Daye is doing well in the pre-season. Is he worth dropping for Bayless since I need another PG?
Does anyone know if Landry is starting with Kaman and Okafor on the same team?
I'm considering dropping Landry too but I think he might be better to hold on to than Daye.

Suggestions?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, Daye is doing well in the pre-season. Is he worth dropping for Bayless since I need another PG?
I'm considering dropping Landry too but I think he might be better to hold on to than Daye.

Suggestions?

keep landry for now, daye will probably start for a few games since charlie v is serving his suspension but after that i don't see much value in him since prince is there. unless daye gets consistent 25-30 min a game i don't see much value in him

Originally Posted by jhova718

16 team league

Steve nash
James harden
Danny granger
Elton brand
Dwight howard

Fields, Anthony Randolph, Tony Parker, Rodney stuckey, and kwame brown as back ups

Thoughts?
pick up someone better than anthony randolph, not sure why you went with all good FT/bad FG players after you took dwight...

Originally Posted by RFX45

Suggestions?

keep landry for now, daye will probably start for a few games since charlie v is serving his suspension but after that i don't see much value in him since prince is there. unless daye gets consistent 25-30 min a game i don't see much value in him
Ok, cool. It's just weird that he started in Gordond place. I mean is playing 3 positions right now. I guess I'll drop and keep an eye on him.

Anyone want to join my yahoo league? Draft is tonight at 6pm PST
Gasol_Bynum Twin Towers 2011 (ID# 52748)

password: lakers

Back
Top Bottom