2012 New Orleans Pelicans (5-14) Thread: Worst backcourt group ever.

147375844_extra_large.jpg

147378311_extra_large.jpg

Roster

Jason Smith

Anthony Davis

Al-Farouq Aminu

Eric Gordon

Jarrett Jack

Austin Rivers

Gustavo Ayon

Greivis Vasquez

Xavier Henry

Darius Miller

Free agents

Chris Kaman

Carl Landry

Marco Belinelli

Free agency starts Sunday.

Last edited:
Well done, New Orleans. Hit on all three picks. Biggest draft winners might be Benson and Monty. 
Don't think Davis will be the Tim Duncan-type that Skip Bayless is predicting, but still a cornerstone the Hornets badly need. I know Monty and NO plan to use Austin more in a PG capacity, but that's not a natural fit. If it doesn't work, Rivers and Gordon may clash in terms of playing style (assuming Eric re-signs). Miller provides sound leadership and responsibility on the court and in the locker room. 

Originally Posted by henz0

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I'm on the bandwagon

Word.

I actually would like to see this team in action...thinkin' bout league pass this year, as I'm sure they won't be on nat'l TV often.

I'm kinda confused by Rivers, though...they really gonna have him run the point?

Very intrigued by this team now. I +$@$ with it. 
pimp.gif

Austin Rivers gonna be something special, iunno I just got a feeling.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Very intrigued by this team now. I +$@$ with it. 
pimp.gif

Austin Rivers gonna be something special, iunno I just got a feeling.
Got that same feeling.

Gonna enjoy my dude Jeremy Lamb wreaking havoc on those NO bums tho.
pimp.gif

Don't overspend in free agency.

Agreed. Add a few cheap, smart signings now, play it out and spend next summer. And no bringing back Kaman, Landry, or Belinelli.

Demps has been said to be interested in Hibbert, McGee and Asik, though.

No chance on Hibbert. McGee will cost too much, and I would rather Davis be paired with a more offensive center for the next five years. I would love Asik off the bench, but not for $6+ million per.

Rivers... whatever. The point guard experiment likely fails miserably, but at the least, he is insurance for Gordon (oft-injured and maybe even gone) and a scorer off the bench. I get it.

Guys I would like to see them consider:

Point guards

Patty Mills* - Not really a need, but he has a chance to be pretty good and I'm not sure everyone knows it yet. Dumb fast, great shooter.

Power forwards

Jeremy Evans* - Same as Mills. He's a 200-pound power forward, but he works hard and is stupid athletic. Like him a lot.

Centers

Omer Asik* - Again, probably too expensive to come off the bench, but he's worth looking into. Not much offense to speak of, but he's a monster in every sense of the word and he and Davis defending together at times would be unbelievable.
Aaron Gray - Yes, again.
Daniel Orton - Absolutely worth taking a flier on. An injury, Dwight Howard and a bad attitude limited his playing time, but he is huge, mobile and 21. More of a defender right now, but again... 21.
Greg Stiemsma* - He came out of nowhere last season, blocked a lot of shots and can hit open 16-footers.

* - restricted

Nothing major. Mostly young, defense-first players with upside that I think would be pretty cheap. Every one of them would likely be reserves (Asik being the only possible exception). I don't see any reason to make a major splash right now. There will be better options and much more money to spend next summer. Add a few minor pieces, play it out, get another lottery pick and go from there.

Ah this will probably be another lottery season, but I'm hopeful to see how Rivers and Gordon pan out in the backcourt... I feel as if Rivers was a replacement as well for Gordon b/c him running the point is not really ideal to me. I'm really clueless to what we could do to better the team, but I just know that this year will be something for these youngins to gain experience in..

I say the same Cleveland.. Just play it out, we're not contenders so just stack pieces and continue to build for the future..

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by MMG

#25?

sick.gif

why no #0
nerd.gif

His dad wore #25 in the NBA.

That and he only wore 0 cause 25 was retired at Duke
Ah, Ok did not know this

might cop a rivers jersey and these hyperdunks i just IDed

23t2sl0.jpg

devil.gif

best of luck to you guys! I hope you can do well in free agency and bring a championship to the NO

@sam_amick Not to spoil the fun for suitors of restricted free agent Eric Gordon, but source says N. Orleans will match max offer if he gets one.
I just hope he actually wants to be a Hornet.

And Asik already got an offer of $8 million annually from the Rockets, so throw that idea out the window.

Names they've been linked to so far:

Nicolas Batum
Goran Dragic
Roger Mason
Nick Young

Belinelli and Kaman are drawing interest from other teams. Have read absolutely nothing about Landry. I don't expect any of them back.

The Eric Gordon Countrywide Max Contract Tour continues on.

Back
Top Bottom