2012 or 2001?????

No Hype Beast here.... just a question. Do you think 2012 has the potential to match the 2001 year of Jordan releases??? Im not going into detail .But ya'll know what came out in 2001 and ya'll know some of what is coming out next year. Let me know your opinions. Thanks. 

I don't really see anything special about 2012, especially if they decide to release those cement iv's with the grey speckles.

Columbia 11s most likey.... 5 pair of 12s so far..... 5 pair of 10s(especially chicago's)...... some long awaited 14 colors.... 17s.... who knows what else they have in store

No because 2001s retros were more like the og than the 2012 renditions, and not just from a quality standpoint....Colorblocking and overall shoe shape are horrendous nowadays (and will only get worse)

I swear we get this thread every year.. definitely saw it last year when a lot of classics started lining up for 2011. Meh.

laugh.gif
2012 is going to be nowhere near 2001 esp with the garbage quality we all know jb is going to release. just cause you decided to %*%#@ out your brand with a million retro releases every year doesnt mean going to come close to the quality and releases in 2001.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

No because 2001s retros were more like the og than the 2012 renditions, and not just from a quality standpoint....Colorblocking and overall shoe shape are horrendous nowadays (and will only get worse)

basically

weren't people saying 2011 was supposed to be better?

i guess it comes out to what actually releases.

the shape of the iii's and iv's done got ugly too... don't see that changing anytime soon... can't wait for these playoffs tho... missed out last time

I don't think so. 2001 retros are definitely superior quality-wise to anything new JB puts out.

Nah, the only way 2012 could even compete is if they had superior quality, and we all know how JB has been on their sneaker quality lately..

2000-2001 had so much molten hot fire it will never be matched again , what? 4 xi's in one year, people rioting over the cool greys (i remeber a nter posting a bad @$s photoshop saying let the riots begin
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
) only retro + had a jumpman or jordan where nike should be. Maybe someday but not yet

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

you can't go into any thread in the JB section without quality being mentioned.
I don't think it'd be a constantly brought up issue if there wasn't a lot of long time Jordan fans who know what the brand and the shoes used to be like compared to what it is now...its only natural to expect better quality when they're asking you to pay more for their products....

I hate to beat the dead horse, but why do people even compare anything 2010 - Present, with 2001?

It's never gonna come close to the quality you got in 2001, for the price.

Back
Top Bottom