2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

It isn't unexpected, but it is a little overboard how the coverage is heavily biased toward the US. I have no problem with it (and should be expected, no different than local commentators being biased for your home team) but it makes me :x sometimes.

Konova's floor exercise was damn near flawless.

Totally agree, if Gaby would've had Komova's routine they would have been going nuts. They need to give props when props are due.

find a gif of the gymnastics, where the put 2 fists under their chin and do a side to side shake. that's so cool

i feel bad for the russian. she literally cried back to back to back.. coming in 2nd time and time again. man. just like ryan lochtne.

Nah bro she's the least good looking of the 5. Kyla has a lot of potential.
That's a future first round pick right there.

mean.gif
 @ Me

Last edited:
Chances are they won't. Being younger and more flexible provides a great advantage in this sport.
Truth. There will be a new wave of young, talented American female gymnasts by 2016 in Brasil. 2008 was Nastia, Shawn Johnson, and Alicia Sacramone. 2012 is Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman, and Gabby Douglas. 2016 will produce another trio. Russia, Romania, and China will all be in top contention like always.

I still think Jordyn Wieber is the prettiest girl on the U.S. Women's Gymnastics Team. Maybe should wait a year to say so but what the heck. Girl from my college looks exactly like her, it's shocking. Aly Raisman a close second for me.

Nah bro she's the least good looking of the 5. Kyla has a lot of potential.
Yeah, jordyn is ugly. The ugliest on the team :x. Glad I didn't have to see her face that much during the all-around 8).

Although it's just got interesting as they've started falling off the trampoline.

I'm already tired of the Gabby Douglas story and to think this is only the beginning of the media coverage. IMO, the habit of the media overblowing things is the worst thing about the Olympics.

Archery final.

Not sure what the soldier in the background is doing:

And giving his buddy a wet willy:

I'm already tired of the Gabby Douglas story and to think this is only the beginning of the media coverage. IMO, the habit of the media overblowing things is the worst thing about the Olympics.

you know they are gonna put this girl on dancing with the stars or some lame stuff like that
the competition in gymnastics was pretty weak this year

I always enjoy when the U.S. are upset in competition due to the media except when it comes to the bball team. The U.S. soccer team losing the world cup was glorious.
They still sent the goalie to dancing with the stars even though they lost. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom