2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i always thought "entry level luxury" was da most dumbest segment in cars...if u can't afford a ACTUAL luxury car

then why don't u stop kidding yourself and get something that actually has more options/features VS coppin a stripped down

car cuz of da badge...there's a REASON why luxury cars are badged in numerical fashion VS RS, GT, SRT, etc. because

da luxury car makers dont want to push away price conscience buyers showing off badged that broadcast that you "went da cheap route"

da average joe doesn't know da different between a 325i, 330i, 335i, 335XL,..its all jargen to em..all they know is da propeller logo..

however people are becoming more and more savy with cars thanks to da internet, so what you see now is people completely de-badging

they whips to keep da aura, facade etc. (aka fooling themselves
laugh.gif
)

and as far as V6 muscle cars, everyone knows they're a cop out/take down of da V8's..no 2 ways around it..if u just like how da car looks

you should like why it looks da way it does (cuz if its performance background)
I agree with you some people do not know what the hell they are getting into when it comes to car.  But because of the internet a lot of people are actually doing they're research when buying a car.  
I want to know you're definition of a "Luxury" car and how much one should spend to buy/own one.  To me anything over $40k-50k is a whole lot of money on a car.  If I was to spend that much money on a car, it won't be damn Dodge or a Ford.  It better be Cadillac, BMW, Audi or a Benz.  

I'm not a drag racer nor do not ever plan on driving like I stole my car just to get groceries.  So I wouldn't need a 500 Hp mustang or da Charger to pick some dinner with the wifey.  

At the end of the day, consumers would buy what they want.  In my opinion a used G37, 335i, A5, C350 > brand new Charger or Mustang

i always thought "entry level luxury" was da most dumbest segment in cars...if u can't afford a ACTUAL luxury car

then why don't u stop kidding yourself and get something that actually has more options/features VS coppin a stripped down

car cuz of da badge...there's a REASON why luxury cars are badged in numerical fashion VS RS, GT, SRT, etc. because

da luxury car makers dont want to push away price conscience buyers showing off badged that broadcast that you "went da cheap route"

da average joe doesn't know da different between a 325i, 330i, 335i, 335XL,..its all jargen to em..all they know is da propeller logo..

however people are becoming more and more savy with cars thanks to da internet, so what you see now is people completely de-badging

they whips to keep da aura, facade etc. (aka fooling themselves
laugh.gif
)

and as far as V6 muscle cars, everyone knows they're a cop out/take down of da V8's..no 2 ways around it..if u just like how da car looks

you should like why it looks da way it does (cuz if its performance background)
I agree with you some people do not know what the hell they are getting into when it comes to car.  But because of the internet a lot of people are actually doing they're research when buying a car.  
I want to know you're definition of a "Luxury" car and how much one should spend to buy/own one.  To me anything over $40k-50k is a whole lot of money on a car.  If I was to spend that much money on a car, it won't be damn Dodge or a Ford.  It better be Cadillac, BMW, Audi or a Benz.  

I'm not a drag racer nor do not ever plan on driving like I stole my car just to get groceries.  So I wouldn't need a 500 Hp mustang or da Charger to pick some dinner with the wifey.  

At the end of the day, consumers would buy what they want.  In my opinion a used G37, 335i, A5, C350 > brand new Charger or Mustang

Why is it that three companies would make the same car with a few changes? Is it because Toyota owns Subaru and scion?

Why is it that three companies would make the same car with a few changes? Is it because Toyota owns Subaru and scion?

Originally Posted by KidJoke

Scion is a division of Toyota, just like Lexus but on the other end of the spectrum. Toyota partly owns Subaru, i think about 25%.
Toyota collaborated with Subaru for this car so they are practically the same car with different badges.

Originally Posted by KidJoke

Scion is a division of Toyota, just like Lexus but on the other end of the spectrum. Toyota partly owns Subaru, i think about 25%.
Toyota collaborated with Subaru for this car so they are practically the same car with different badges.

To split production cost.

Make Subaru brand sportier

Make Scion better period

Add a exciting sports car to the boring brand of Toyota

All cars are engineered by Subaru

Interior/exterior styling by Toyota

To split production cost.

Make Subaru brand sportier

Make Scion better period

Add a exciting sports car to the boring brand of Toyota

All cars are engineered by Subaru

Interior/exterior styling by Toyota

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Even with decent MPG figures, the car isn't really a commuter car. More like an affordable weekend car. 
laugh.gif

So the BRZ will start at $24k? Highest trim at $27k? The FR-S could mos def start at $22k and end at $25k after all those options.  

Where did you get the pricing?
Twitter.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Even with decent MPG figures, the car isn't really a commuter car. More like an affordable weekend car. 
laugh.gif

So the BRZ will start at $24k? Highest trim at $27k? The FR-S could mos def start at $22k and end at $25k after all those options.  

Where did you get the pricing?
Twitter.
laugh.gif

looks like american muscle has proved again that if u want da best bang for you buck you gotta go SS/RT/5.0GT 
No, the best bang for the buck is the Mustang V6 actually, with the WRX a close second. No need for that V8.
happy.gif

looks like american muscle has proved again that if u want da best bang for you buck you gotta go SS/RT/5.0GT 
No, the best bang for the buck is the Mustang V6 actually, with the WRX a close second. No need for that V8.
happy.gif

I know I'm flip flopping but it's been decided.

Im copping either a white or blue brz but I'm gonna wait for a sti version if there is one.

Back
Top Bottom