2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the SN looked familiar, that's why I asked. :smh: at those guys.
Don't believe he's ever said he was a heat fan. Just because somebody dosent despise the heat even tho thaths not there team dosent mean they root for only the teams that are hot.

lakers tried to do this last year and back when they brought in payton and malone with shaq and kobe.. Even tho they were over the hill then, wade isnt much better at this point..

I dont want it to happen.. I think it diminishes all of their careers cuz melo is selfish. Bosh wade and Bron all were able to sacrifice and work together. I dont see melo being cool with taking 12 shots a game and taking a back seat to Lebron and not messing up chemistry

Thought the SN looked familiar, that's why I asked. :smh: at those guys.
Don't believe he's ever said he was a heat fan. Just because somebody dosent despise the heat even tho thaths not there team dosent mean they root for only the teams that are hot.
Tbh it feels like I need to start hating on the Heat/Lebron.

Don't want to be slapped with the black and white label of being a closet Heat fan |I

I remember the SN, it's whatever I just hope it doesn't happen, Heat or any other team. Dudes need to stand on their own, forget this super friends/all star team BS.

4 of the top players in the league on one team sucks for the NBA. There's not competition as it is, unwatchable.
1) It does not suck for the NBA. On the contrary, it would put the NBA on a new threshold from a popularity standpoint. It might suck to you, but to millions of others, (including myself) it would be awesome to watch.

2) If it's unwatchable to you, then that's cool. Understand that that's your opinion though and it probably would be the complete opposite of unwatchable. It's not coincidence the popularity of the NBA is soaring after the Lebron James decision and the current era of the Miami Heat. Add Melo to the mix and it would be must see tv.
Raising the profile one one other team would not help the league as a whole from a popularity standpoint, that is unless they somehow put all 82 of their games on national TV. The Heat big 3 gave it a push, but the NBA really has become a force again because of there are more teams that are "interesting" to watch. This would render the Eastern conference pointless, thus outing half the teams.

Raising the profile one one other team would not help the league as a whole from a popularity standpoint, that is unless they somehow put all 82 of their games on national TV. The Heat big 3 gave it a push, but the NBA really has become a force again because of there are more teams that are "interesting" to watch. This would render the Eastern conference pointless, thus outing half the teams.

I hear you but the polarizing nature behind those 4 joining together would no doubt boost the NBA from strictly a popularity standpoint.

I hear you but the polarizing nature behind those 4 joining together would no doubt boost the NBA from strictly a popularity standpoint.
But for how long? Imagine if they actually started running the table? People would stop watching because they would feel that its pointless. Why watch when you know whos going to win anyways. The real reason the Heat kept staying must see TV, was because they kept going through these rough patches. One team winning all the time is boring to a lot of people.

I'd never stop watching basketball though I love it to death.

if the big4 get together :lol:
doubt melo leaves that money on the table

funny how the guys that i blocked/ignored are annoyed by each other :lol:

But for how long? Imagine if they actually started running the table? People would stop watching because they would feel that its pointless. Why watch when you know whos going to win anyways. The real reason the Heat kept staying must see TV, was because they kept going through these rough patches. One team winning all the time is boring to a lot of people.

I'd never stop watching basketball though I love it to death.

I doubt they would run the table. Even if they were to team up, they wouldn't run the table. Something would stop it. But I agree with you, if it got to that point then yeah of course it would become unwatchable no doubt.

I wouldn't doubt they'd win a ring. It's a lose-lose situation in terms of respect for him. Minus whale get that bread

Yall dudes kill me with the "lose of respect" and tarnishing their legacy talk. Have you ever thought that maybe some of these guys are totally fine with enjoying their life, enjoying their work of playing basketball and if thwy can do it with friends, then the more the merrier.

I could be wrong or I could be right but some of these players couldn't care less about gaining the average fans respect and not tarnishing their legacy.

They just want to live their dream, play ball, get paid, enjoy their shoe deals and that's that

Not necessarily true. Their competitive drives got them to where they are right now. Either of could be right or wrong, but personally I'd stay in NY and work on being the greatest knick ever. But that's just me.

:x

Villains. :pimp: :pimp:

Voltron. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

#this2kornah

#whatprokcantbuy

#10peat

#morepatchesformelo

Last edited:
everyone talking about building up teams organically. when **** hits the fan everyones jumping ship...........its the freakin NBA its not european "soccer". while soccer teams practice the same model (ie REAL), their local fans will always support the club and i cant c it from the NBA despite a few teams out there. if you want teams to build from the ground up, make them integrate the D league and develop their talents from the ground up.

I wouldn't want a ring if I'd have to leave 127 mil and then team up w/ superstars.

Winning it probably wouldn't feel the same as building the team ground up or whatever
Problem is this can never happen ever again. Once someone gets a hint of starness they take the biggest contract they can get. No one wants to sit back and take less to develop a team. The Spurs are literally the only team in the now time that have done that. I mean look at the Clipps, They buy whoever they can including a coach. You don't think any other team in the league wouldn't buy superstars if they could. You're fooling yourself, especially when the Clippers get sold for 2 Billion dollars. People are ready to build all star teams and players want to live in big markets so they're ready to go to one of 5 or 6 major market teams. The days of staying with a team and building it up are gone because money got involved.

Supposedly LeBron made 30 mil in CASH off the beats sale

its known that a lot of these star athletes make more money off endorsements.

That's why it's possible to take pay cuts and stack.

I know Bron wants a max but if he signed like a 4 year 24 mil deal they can just stack his team and just win like 8 straight :lol:

4 of the top players in the league on one team sucks for the NBA. There's not competition as it is, unwatchable.

1) It does not suck for the NBA. On the contrary, it would put the NBA on a new threshold from a popularity standpoint. It might suck to you, but to millions of others, (including myself) it would be awesome to watch.

2) If it's unwatchable to you, then that's cool. Understand that that's your opinion though and it probably would be the complete opposite of unwatchable. It's not coincidence the popularity of the NBA is soaring after the Lebron James decision and the current era of the Miami Heat. Add Melo to the mix and it would be must see tv.
The Eastern conference is pretty "pointless" now as Miami ran thru the conference with a 12-3 record, and the salary cap and luxury tax are both slated to increase. Plucking a player from a team that missed the playoffs and has no cap space won't significantly hurt the league at all.

Moot point tho, cause I don't see how u fit those 4 under the cap realistically

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom