2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
& KG gave you 24/14/6 on 50% while being the second best two way player at his position in the

I guess defense doesn't matter? Because if you value defense there's no way you choose Chuck over The Big Ticket in their respective primes.

Now if we talking final years? I'm taking Chuck after this season for KG. :lol:

It's truly about what you value. For all of KG's brilliance...he couldn't get out the first round. You guys would murder him today.

For the record. I would take kg over chuck. Maybe. But that's splitting hairs

Last edited:
I'm not convinced the Thunder are dead yet. There's been too many times in recent years that the Spurs have looked invincible only to end up losing a series. I'm not saying that's going to happen or is even likely this year, but I'm just not ready to bury the Thunder yet.

Prime KG skill wise was probably the best PF of all time. But you won't win anything with him as your #1 option, which is why if I'm building a team, my #1 guy would be a guy like Chuck or Dirk, who though are less rounded, are alpha dogs who you can give the ball to and not worry about them shrinking due to ****** mentality.

My god. :rofl:

yea its a little bit of disrespect to act like charles was a 6'6 mj just dominating everyone

if that was the case he'd have some rings

you totally made this up tho :lol:

chuck would have ring(s) if it werent for MJ directly stopping it

Mj wasn't the only one, granted he did stop him in his only finals appearance.. But it was also Houston the next year.. And spurs the year after

Why is it unlikely for them to win it year in and year out? 2nd best player in the league with a top point guard and an elite shot blocker? Mj and Pippen didn't win it all until they booted Doug Collins (who isn't even a bad coach) and got Phil Jackson. And then they did win year in and out. I hate playing the "what if" game but who knows how many or even if the Bulls win that many championships without Phil. Back to the "what if" game.. what if the Thunder make it to the WCF and Finals year in and out but never win it all? Is it okay because not every team can do that? At some point you have to get your team over the hump and Scotty Brooks hasn't.

When it comes to winning an NBA Championship as history has shown us, teams with young great talent have to go to war together, lose multiple years in a row and go through past champions in order to get to the promise land. Bird had to get through Magic. Isaiah had to get through Bird/Magic. Jordan had to get through Isaiah. Now while everyone discredits and hates Scott Brooks, he has help build a potential championship team in Oklahoma City and it's fair to say they continue to inch closer and closer to winning a ring.

Now let's say they don't win it all this year and change coaches in the off season, then proceed to win the NBA Championship. How much of that is KD/Westbrook finally maturing and understanding the struggle or the new coaching. My point I was making off of the above quote was MJ's Bulls would have still won themselves a ring without the coaching change. MJ didn't get over the hump in 89 because he get beat down to death, and then Pippen was a mental ****** in 90 complaining of migraines. They weren't ready for the physicality. That wasn't an issue in 91 as they learned over the course of the years.

Could you imagine if the Pistons had replaced Daly after the loss in the FInals in 88 and then history repeated itself with the Pistons winning back to back? While coaching matters yes, I think those previous experiences play an even bigger part.

Take the Miami Heat in 05/06 for instance. D Wade doesn't get hurt, there's a high possibility that championship is theirs and Stan Van Gundy has a completely different reputation then he has now. But instead Pat Riley got himself another ring as a head coach and Van Gundy gets a bad rep for it all.

damn I almost forgot how bad KG's rep was before going to Boston :lol:. he had the same "lebronitis" unclutch in the 4th quarter label

Kevin Love
I need to know what casual fans are touting defensive prowess.

That's just ridiculous.

Those casual fans who think Noah is the fourth best player in the league, or Paul George elite because he's a good two way player, or hibbert, Tyson chandler efc. These players are valuable, but we have vaulted them into higher stratospheres

Y'all still sleeping on Westbrook huh again I've said time n time again he's the best Point Gawd in the League. Lastnight gm was the best of his career on both ends of the floor. The Debate is Over!

damn I almost forgot how bad KG's rep was before going to Boston :lol:. he had the same "lebronitis" unclutch in the 4th quarter label

They was slandering the hell out of him like those Minny teams he were on weren't trash. :lol:

The best Minny team he had, A 33 year old Sam Cassell was the second best player.

Sam Cassell........

But they expected them to beat the 04 Lakers who's second best player was some 25 year old SG called Kobe or something like that.

Media narratives

KG got eaten alive by Drik in the playoffs. Better offense usually wins over defense. Defense is more valued as a team than individual.

MJ & Dream prevented Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Kemp, Payton from winning any rings.

Kevin Love
I need to know what casual fans are touting defensive prowess.

That's just ridiculous.

Those casual fans who think Noah is the fourth best player in the league, or Paul George elite because he's a good two way player, or hibbert, Tyson chandler efc. These players are valuable, but we have vaulted them into higher stratospheres

You know know what. I'm admit I'm wrong on this.

You right. Shout out to Paul George being better than TMAC ever was because of his defense. :nerd:

Last edited:
KG got eaten alive by Drik in the playoffs. Better offense usually wins over defense. Defense is more valued as a team than individual.

MJ & Dream prevented Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Kemp, Payton from winning any rings.

MJ & Dream are both arguably (not really) two of the best TWO-WAY players of all time.

All those guys you named aren't elite defenders besides the God Gary Payton and the Mailman.

Not the best argument.

Last edited:
Prime KG skill wise was probably the best PF of all time. But you won't win anything with him as your #1 option, which is why if I'm building a team, my #1 guy would be a guy like Chuck or Dirk, who though are less rounded, are alpha dogs who you can give the ball to and not worry about them shrinking due to ****** mentality.
? Didn't both Garnett and Barkley finish their careers ringless as the first option?

Last edited:

except for all the times when it doesn't.

KG's celtics beat a the superior offense Lakers.

Ben Wallace Pistons defeated the superior offence lakers.

D-Wades heat beat the supuerior offence, dallas.

ect ect ect,

cliches aren't actual arguments they aren't even true half the time.

Last edited:
They was slandering the hell out of him like those Minny teams he were on weren't trash. :lol:

The best Minny team he had, A 33 year old Sam Cassell was the second best player.

Sam Cassell........

But they expected them to beat the 04 Lakers who's second best player was some 25 year old SG called Kobe or something like that.

Media narratives

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom