2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Duncan kobe debate is out of line at all. Depends on what u want. I'd probably go Duncan as a coach kobe as an owner. Toss up as a fan. Kobe more exciting. Kobe helped destroy a dynasty and Duncan took less money. But kobe in his prime is twice as fan to watch. Plus consecutive chips

Last edited:
Kg was just never a reliable #1 option in his prime, you typed a essay just to say that
5 sentences is an essay now... main the short attention span/add of the generation is real. i can imagine 2 or 3 paragraphs seems like reading war and peace to you huh...btw war and peace is a book, like with paper and a cover with non scrolling words/tabs to the next page

Just finished watching the replay. Kevin Kool Aid Durant showed up big time 
mean.gif

Free Westbrook. 

would like to see kawhi primarily on wade and put diaw/green on lebron (he gonna eat regardless).

i was correct on the kawhi on russ.

manu has to be able to match ray's bench play

lets see if marco can play his way back into the rotation. didnt he have somewhat a decent series vs the heat when he was with chi last yr?

Did you watch last years finals?

Kawhi on LeBron is definitley happening :lol:

People that wanna free westbrook, do you realize if he averages 5 turnovers as the 2nd option on a very good team, he'll most likely get exposed even more and average 10 turnovers on a team where he puts up 35-7-7 and is the #1

would like to see kawhi primarily on wade and put diaw/green on lebron (he gonna eat regardless).

lets see if marco can play his way back into the rotation. didnt he have somewhat a decent series vs the heat when he was with chi last yr?
i agree that might be their best option... i like and think kawhi could do a decent job on lebron.... but i also believe kawhi guarding wade vs green guarding lebron is better suited then the other way around.

They would've ate KG before the Celtics up too.

Guys would've been like he's not a winner. He's overrated, he's a stat padder, can't get out the first round. Etc....

Last edited:

lebronkawhi.gif

Probably way late but Love was in Boston last night with Revis and is attending the Sox game tonight.

Its happening
pimp.gif
I heard he was at Rumor on Friday too.

I'll allow it.
Serious question,

I have no doubt in my mind that The Big 3 will all be in Miami next year win or lose this year's final. Who's going to stop them from getting to the finals again? What team from the east is beating them 4 out of 7 times next yea?
The Baltimore Fatigues or Pittsburgh Exhaustion will finally take 'em out.

Last edited:

lebronkawhi.gif

:wow: :rofl: :pimp:

The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

Cp stop using logic

I'm excited about the Finals. Amazing job by San Antonio last night.

Boris Diaw and Duncan were phenomenal.

I can't understand why Derek Fisher was in the game so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom