2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you want to "neuter" Westbrook by putting him in a stricter offensive system?

Yall are really talking like kd has a bad post season, like he didnt average 30 and 9. Blame brooks for him being gassed at the end of the game. He had 52 minutes in game 6 :x
Did you watch the last game? Because if you did you'd know he was responsible for the loss.

For those saying they don't need Russ, KD was toast without him in the post season. Don't let regular season wins gas you up.

I actually missed all the game outside of the last minute and ot.

He went ghost in OT no doubt, but in regulation he had 32 and 13 on 12 of 23 shooting. And you blame that guy for the loss. This series really is no blame, SA was just better. That first game when kd and westbrook had good games and they still lost by 25 tells the whole story.

He went ghost in OT no doubt, but in regulation he had 32 and 13 on 12 of 23 shooting. And you blame that guy for the loss. This series really is no blame, SA was just better. That first game when kd and westbrook had good games and they still lost by 25 tells the whole story.
His numbers before don't matter. During winning time he was getting locked down by danny green and falling over himself. I think he had like one lay up which Westbrook created for him off penetrating.

His numbers before don't matter. During winning time he was getting locked down by danny green and falling over himself. I think he had like one lay up which Westbrook created for him off penetrating.

His numbers before do matter tho. youre team shouldnt go to ot when you have 32 15 on over 50%. Now going into ot and this guy already has 47 minutes played, no chance.

His numbers before do matter tho. youre team shouldnt go to ot when you have 32 15 on over 50%. Now going into ot and this guy already has 47 minutes played, no chance.
Not to beat a dead horse but how many times has Bron had great games then when the games close he does absolutely nothing they lose and he gets thrashed by everybody. If Durant is coming for that top spot like people say and some people have already given him of he dosent close it out why should it matter. That 2010 series against Boston is a great example, lebron played well that series but for some reason people say he quit.

Last edited:
KD just has wayyyyy too high expectations. Dudes always want more from him despite him putting up 30-7-5

He had 2 bad games in the playoffs and 17 really good ones.

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse but how many times has Bron had great games then when the games close he does absolutely nothing they lose and he gets thrashed by everybody. If Durant is coming for that top spot like people say and some people have already given him of he dosent close it out why should it matter. That 2010 series against Boston is a great example, lebron played well that series but for some reason people say he quit.

As much as I do blame lebron for 90% of his losses, you cant blame him for some of those losses in cle, specifically in the orlando series where he put up ridiculous numbers and got dropped in 5 (could be 6 idr)

Okc was claerly outmatched from game 1 and it showed throughout.

KD just has wayyyyy to high expectations. Dudes always want more from him despite him putting up 30-7-5

He had 2 bad games in the playoffs and 17 really good ones.

Well when you're the MVP of the league what's supposed to be the expectations? It's not even the numbers even though they took a dip. LeBron and Kobe got killed every year on here when he didn't get it done, why should he be any different?

For the playoffs he went 30/8/4 on 45% shooting and 35% on 3 after going 32/7/6 for on 50% shooting and 39% from 3 in the regular season. It's more so his demeanor and demonstrativeness during so many of these playoff games. Clearly too many times he was disengaged which won't show up in the box score. It wasn't like he wasn't getting shot attempts he averaged 21 in the regular season and 22 in the playoffs so the touches were there, he wasn't nearly as efficient as he was.

Russ avg 22/7/6 in the regular season on 44% shooting and 32% from 3 and in the playoffs went 27/8/7 on 42% shooting and 28% from 3. Russ's shot attemps went up about 4 a game from the regular season, but so did his minutes drastically.

Neither KD nor Russ are to blame for OKC succumbing to SA. And they both are better together than apart. Both of those guys played pretty well in game 6, both had some bad turnovers. The reality is that the west is really tough. They could have played perfect and there would have been a good chance that they would have lost to the spurs. Just reload, get some reliable consistent scoring from the bench (especially if reggie becomes a starter) and try to win it all next year.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 52s
I always enjoy the others receiving votes section. Among the highlights: James Harden received two votes for All Defensive team.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 52s
I always enjoy the others receiving votes section. Among the highlights: James Harden received two votes for All Defensive team.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Which two Houston writers did this? 

As much as I do blame lebron for 90% of his losses, you cant blame him for some of those losses in cle, specifically in the orlando series where he put up ridiculous numbers and got dropped in 5 (could be 6 idr)

Okc was claerly outmatched from game 1 and it showed throughout.
Outmatched yes, but they did have the two best players in the series sometimes having the best player is enough. If Durant played to his best abilities they can win that series

The spurs put their best perimeter defender on Russ. I'm not sure how you just dismiss that as not the same attention.

fam one player does not equate to the same attention. can't really expand on it much more without writing a paragraph. i broke it down some in another post. defense is a team concept. and also, its about how you're utilizing that single player on said player alongside how you're using your entire defense

But do you want to "neuter" Westbrook by putting him in a stricter offensive system?

he would be more efficient. I truly believe his stats would INCREASE if Scott Brooks had a better system that "neutered' him and they coached RWB to be more of a true PG on a consistent basis.

NBA All Defensive First Team
G Chris Paul
G Paul George
F Andre Igoudala
F Serge Ibaka
C Joakim Noah

NBA All Defensive Second Team
G Pat Beverly
G Jimmy Butler
F LeBron James
F Kawhi Leonard
C Roy Hibbert