2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not blaming him for Yesterday because i was literally laughing at how Bad Wade was getting owned... but it blows my mind that he'll go from attacking and getting easy shots to simply trying to pass to everyone and stop attacking.. When he was on the attack they are up 22-6 he gets passive and calms down and like that the Spurs are in the game, Him & KD both have a habit of not forcing the issue (In KD's defense he has a KILLER in WB) but Bron after seeing how that team was playing has to continue to attack at all cost.
yup
Lebron should end the first half at 30something in order to give the Heat a chance.

By the way Lebron is the only one not to blame,

all the heat organization was lacking in this series from wade bosh and chalmers to spoelstra who was schooled by pop

Congrats antidope antidope

I heard the announcers saying that the Spurs 3 take less than what they're worth to get better players around them, and the Heat will have to do the same if they plan to win more titles.

I wonder if they would be cool with that or not.

Whoever does the scouting and picks the players around the Spurs deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

How they find such good role players overseas and else where is amazing.

If Wade opts in, Miami will get beat in the finals again.

Like most top-heavy teams, Miami will only be successful if their big guns live up to their reputations. Wade can't do that and Bosh's touches are not consistent game to game.

Wade sat out 30 games mostly for rest, skipped back to backs, played a career low minutes per game when he did play, and he still looked gassed and lethargic at the end of the year.

So he needs to play even less minutes next year, which puts an even greater strain on LeBron, who's led them in points rebounds assists, steals, & FG% for the past 3 years.

Only way to get around riding the **** out of Bron for the 4th straight year is too bring in more depth or another big star, which u can't do if Wade opts in.

All that to say, I'm excited to see how it unfolds. Wade could essentially relegate Miami to runner-ups again next year if he takes the $20 mil player-option

Last edited:
Damn I just realized there are no gone fishing pics for the Heat :nerd:

Sigh I suuuure wish I was good with the photoshop :lol:

Besides Love (obviously) and Deng, I think that's a list of guys people WANT to see do good instead of guys who actually would :lol:. I know Granger is coming off injury and hasn't played real starters minutes in awhile, but there's nothing I've seen from him recently that makes me think he'd be the old Granger and be impactful. Amar'e was coming along near the end of the season last year, but it's all you're waiting for him to fall apart. Pierce would give you some good games, but he's looked finished more often than not. Iffy on Gay just cause...well, he's Rudy Gay.
I hear you on most of your points. I was simply listing guys who are or potentially can be free agents this summer.

They released Mike Miller via the amnesty provision, a move that ultimately saved the Heat $15 million in luxury tax. James complained about this frequently during the season, especially on nights when Wade missed games to deal with ongoing knee issues.

• Wade's health is once again in question after he showed signs of slowing down in the late rounds of the playoffs. Wade has needed procedures on his knees in each of the past two summers and it has carried over into the season, reducing his availability. If Wade needs to take any other action with his troublesome knees, James will want to know how much can be expected out of him in the future.

• To better prepare for the long grind of the season, James wants to reduce his minute load so he can attempt to save his body for the playoffs and, for the long haul, hopefully extend his personal championship window.

• James played 400 minutes more than any teammate this season and about 1,300 more minutes than running mate Wade. This is a trend he's interested in reversing immediately. This means the Heat will have to add at least one reliable, and ideally younger, player at his position.

• James is going to want to hear the team will spend some more money on role players. The Heat made three choices over this past season that were aimed at controlling payroll instead of improving the roster that ultimately explained how the Spurs' bench and overall depth proved to be dramatically better.

Is it sad that i cant wait for the Summer League?
laugh.gif
Anyone ever hit up Vegas for Summer League?

Care to share stories or how you went about getting the most out of your visit?

Are the Heat better if they let Bosh go to Dallas and they sign Melo? Maybe lure Gasol to town as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom