2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Lionel don't even want to work for Pera anymore, anyways lol.

I saw something about Thibs and Calipari, but I don't believe it. I think everyone is safe for now unless Joerger or Hollinger decides to resign. I'm hoping Pera wants a faster, more uptempo team and Levien wanted to stick with the "grit n grind" mentality.

Why the hell he so obsessed with running when y'all have two of the most skilled bigs and a PG that's as good as anybody at running a half court offense?

Ain't like y'all got young dudes ready to fly on the wings, I'm starting not to like this guy, he's the only reason I can think of why Joerger was trying to force the team to run during the season.

Adams.
pimp.gif
Julius F. Wrek

I'm trading David Lee/Harrison Barnes and maybe a pick for Love if I'm GS.
laugh.gif
@ maybe a pick.

Flip Saunders laughs and hangs up the phone if that's GS final offer.

there's no way that it will only take that little to get Love, unless the wolves are as stupid as everybody thinks. i'm thinking the dubs would have to at least give up klay, lee and picks
laugh.gif
as if there are other teams who could put together a better package while still being a place where he would sign an extension.

Last edited:
Why the hell he so obsessed with running when y'all have two of the most skilled bigs and a PG that's as good as anybody at running a half court offense?

Ain't like y'all got young dudes ready to fly on the wings, I'm starting not to like this guy, he's the only reason I can think of why Joerger was trying to force the team to run during the season.

Its not that we should be running and gunning, but we should have more fluent ball movement, better athletes on the perimeter and be able to run, if needed. Right now, we don't have that and we don't necessarily have to blow things up to get that. The best thing to have is a team that can play both in the half court and uptempo.

I think the team will find more players like that in the offseason, but I'm not sure where ZBo stands at this point. A lot of people were hoping he opts out, so the Grizz can re-sign him to a cheaper deal long term. Now, that this has happened, he may opt out and look to go somewhere else. If he opts in, I think the writing is on the wall for him to be traded. I guess this happening will make the offseason that much more exciting :lol:

$10 million trade exception, Avery Bradley sign & trade, cap room to take on a bad contract, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk.

And the picks can't be scoffed at. I don't know what GS situation is but Boston has potentially TEN 1st rounders in the next 5 years to play around with. Also the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2017.

Celtics have way more than enough.
Not to mention even though they're big market, they aren't nearly as good as GS even with Love and especially if they have to give up their lottery pick for him.
Agree with that, but that won't matter if what Woj is saying is true (Love is warming up to a Celtics trade).

Another reason Love might want to go East, easier path to success. He gotta be tired of finishing 10th in the West every year, at some point, join with just 1-2 decent players out East, and he's got HC in the first round for a change. :lol:

If I was a Celtics fan, I wouldn't bring in Love to be the first star. You'd be nothing more than Minnesota.

"@FisolaNYDN: If Kevin Love is tired of losing here's an idea; stop losing. The NBA's best players are all capable of that."

"@FisolaNYDN: Who was the second best player on LeBron's "great" Cavs teams? And he made a Finals. We're still waiting for Kevin Love to crack the top 8"

"@FisolaNYDN: Carmelo made the playoffs every year except this season. Look at the Denver team that drafted him. Very average."

"@FisolaNYDN: Again, I think Kevin Love is a big time player. He's just held to a different standard than some other All Stars."

"@FisolaNYDN: More than half NBA makes playoffs. Pat Ewing was held to a standard of championship or bust. Asking Love to finish 8th is not unreasonable"

Another reason Love might want to go East, easier path to success. He gotta be tired of finishing 10th in the West every year, at some point, join with just 1-2 decent players out East, and he's got HC in the first round for a change. :lol:

pepsi might have predicted the future

uncle drew and love reuniting in real life??

Ready to hear Chuck go in on those big ol women in San Antonio, should be comedy.

pepsi might have predicted the future

uncle drew and love reuniting in real life??

Be a nice 1-2 start out there. I'd like that duo.

If it simply comes down to best package deal, no matter the locale, I think Phoenix is the team that pulls him. They have the most assets of any team in the league, outside the Celtics. So it basically becomes a bidding war between them.

$10 million trade exception, Avery Bradley sign & trade, cap room to take on a bad contract, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk.

And the picks can't be scoffed at. I don't know what GS situation is but Boston has potentially TEN 1st rounders in the next 5 years to play around with. Also the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2017.

Agree with that, but that won't matter if what Woj is saying is true (Love is warming up to a Celtics trade).

So you give up Bradley, Sully and the lottery pick, what the hell is left on that team? Jeff Green and Rondo? :lol:

I love Green but he doesn't even wanna be great, Rondo still has greatness in him but many a flaw, like not being able to shoot the ball at all and stat padding instead of playing to win at times.

Plus giving away Bradley brings them from a mediocre defensive team to a bad one.

Didn't Love say he wants to win? That Boston team sounding like an 8th seed unless you're beating on other FA's to come play with Love/Rondo.

So you give up Bradley, Sully and the lottery pick, what the hell is left on that team? Jeff Green and Rondo? :lol:

I love Green but he doesn't even wanna be great, Rondo still has greatness in him but many a flaw, like not being able to shoot the ball at all and stat padding instead of playing to win at times.

Plus giving away Bradley brings them from a mediocre defensive team to a bad one.

Didn't Love say he wants to win? That Boston team sounding like an 8th seed unless you're beating on other FA's to come play with Love/Rondo.

They still have multiple draft picks to flip, or use. Maybe pull 1 more star from somebody.

Maybe full court press Marc Gasol in 2015 if they can't get the picks to work for a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom