2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read about Daniel Day Lewis today...this dude is crazy about his acting...no wonder he got 3 trophies. He like really becomes his characters, kinda nuts.... :nerd:

Method acting at it's finest.

He thanked his wife during his acceptance speech stating, "Since we got married 16 years ago, my wife Rebecca has lived with some very strange men. Luckily she’s the versatile one of the family and she’s been the perfect companion to all of them."

its funny because Im reading some of the articles calling Macfarlane the worst host ever. And it seems like the people who hated him, would be the same people who loved billy crystal

I usually hate him and I thought he was terrific.

It's become a thankless job that nobody should want or take and the media just loves to whine and complain about

DDL is amazing I'm just really annoyed that Joaquin didn't win. It's much harder to create a fictional character. With all of Freddie's intricacies and wild moods and internal struggles.

As opposed to a well documented and researched historical figure

DDL should was robbed for Bill the butcher btw and he's a better actor than Joaquin but he destroyyyyyyed and carried the master and made a movie without much of a plot amazing to watch and be mesmerized by. Between the academy not liking him and the Scientology bashing it isn't surprising.

Last edited:
I'm more curious as to when DDL will do a film next, because the what role doesn't matter; he's going to kill it as he always does.

Last edited:
old news - he is the definition of method actor.

wouldn't talk to anyone on set unless they addressed him as Mr. Lincoln or Mr. President

:pimp:

dude is a beast and the boy Christoph is up there along with God-ry Oldman, love those dudes.

-

jlaw-boobs.gif

pyqb2U2.gif

Last edited:
Anyone else find Michelle Obama's appearance unnecessary? What's the media been saying about it?

Only reason I thought she was there was because Zero Dark Thirty was gonna win, but yeah, that seemed unnecessary.

Remember the Golden Globes brought out Bill Clinton.. Maybe they wanted to up the ante

I just watched SLP and I must say Cooper, Lawrence and Chris Tucker ( kinda cool seeing him play a different role) all played their respective roles really well.

My favorite thing about the Oscars is finding new movies. I am definitely going to check out The Master

I didn't watch the entire show but that opener started bad but was hilarious by the time Shatner was on. I like McFarlane so that might be why...

Very large pictures of Jennifer Lawrence? What? Huh?
160.jpg

009.jpg

018.jpg

More Lawrence
002.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

004.jpg

102.jpg

115.jpg

161.jpg
And she might not have won, but she's still my favorite redhead