2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the poster wanting GS sizes, and posts about quantities.... These are actually labeled a QuickStrike by Nike. If this were 5 yrs ago, we wouldn't know about these until the Thursday or Friday before release when someone's store got a shipment and opened it up to this Quickstrike. In this day and age, that doesn't happen. So knowing about a shoe a month out is about as close as they can get to a Quickstrike. For QS releases, there are no GS sizes and quantities are more limited than a limited release that is announced well ahead of time and not labeled "QS". So even though the Royals had very few pairs in the states, these should have even fewer and most likely won't be sold overseas. Top tier FNL's, HoH's, and Niketowns should have these in store in small quantities. Online, Eastbay should have small quantities of these. The NA retro 1's this year are releasing in limited numbers, but these are a QS on top of that. The most recent thing to a real quick strike we've really had were the Cav 4's. Those locations will most likely be the same that carry these, except for NDC at all, since they are not carrying NA retro 1's this year.

That's the information I'm using in regards to planning for these. Obviously they will be limited like all NA 1's this year, but you have to throw in the criteria for Nike to label a shoe a QS too. I'm hoping for the best but I'm going to be prepared for these to be a true QS release.

^^ thanks for the info Grape. Repped

Do you think Niketown's should get em? I know royals were not on NDC but some NTs got a few pairs in...

To the poster wanting GS sizes, and posts about quantities.... These are actually labeled a QuickStrike by Nike. If this were 5 yrs ago, we wouldn't know about these until the Thursday or Friday before release when someone's store got a shipment and opened it up to this Quickstrike. In this day and age, that doesn't happen. So knowing about a shoe a month out is about as close as they can get to a Quickstrike. For QS releases, there are no GS sizes and quantities are more limited than a limited release that is announced well ahead of time and not labeled "QS". So even though the Royals had very few pairs in the states, these should have even fewer and most likely won't be sold overseas. Top tier FNL's, HoH's, and Niketowns should have these in store in small quantities. Online, Eastbay should have small quantities of these. The NA retro 1's this year are releasing in limited numbers, but these are a QS on top of that. The most recent thing to a real quick strike we've really had were the Cav 4's. Those locations will most likely be the same that carry these, except for NDC at all, since they are not carrying NA retro 1's this year.

That's the information I'm using in regards to planning for these. Obviously they will be limited like all NA 1's this year, but you have to throw in the criteria for Nike to label a shoe a QS too. I'm hoping for the best but I'm going to be prepared for these to be a true QS release.

knowledge

That's sucks if they really don't come in GS sizes. But I don't think QS necessarily means no GS. As pointed out the last QS or closest thing we had to a QS was the Cav 4s and they did come in GS sizes. Even though the Royals were dubbed as limited and not QS they were extremely limited and I still got my pair off NDC, so until other wise confirmed I'ma assume they will release in GS and on NDC like the other "limited" NA 1s.

@MsJenna - Almost all of my post applies to men's shoes only. I should have been more clear.... Cavs were the closest thing to a true QS in terms of availability by location. As in the stores, not retail companies but physical stores, that received them (FNL's flagship stores and specific, chosen NSW carrying FNL stores, but not everyones FNL that usually receives retros, for example). They released May 12, 2012 and we already knew about them and had pictures by mid February 2012. That info and those pictures were also announced with Men's shoes and GS shoes shown. The last two actual "QS" releases, as labeled by Nike, were the Corks and the Air Zoom Turf Jet 97's (in Challenge Red/Black) and neither were available in GS sizes.

If Nike, and not just the sneaker blogs, comes out and label these with a QS I'm sure it won't hurt anyone to look around for GS pairs, but there won't be any. The way they are labeled now, there should be some. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone quote your post and say there's no way you got the Royals off NDC because they didn't have them, because they may not look at your username and picture to know you are the one wearing the GS size (especially on mobile). Good luck with your pair, I think this sneaker is definitely a good casual look for the ladies.

@ nobody in particular  - In the first post, I was going off of the info in this thread that said this was a quick strike.  Info was leaked only 5 weeks out, so they would seem to be a QS due to time, but they are not labeled on Nike's insider blog with a "QS", so who knows what their plans could be (other than Men's sizes will not be on NDC).  One thing I think people need to stop doing is basing every NA retro 1 off of the Royal 1 release.  The Knick's 1's released before those, and are NA 1's, and number of pairs per store and number of stores in the US where they were available were nothing alike.  The Royals were JB's All Star weekend premier shoe that they wanted to be a hot item, they knew the shoe had a large following, and they limited production in comparison to almost ANY recent JB release to make sure NSW did not run away with all of the ASW hype.  Demand was insanely higher for Royals for obvious reasons.  But even without the consumer demand, if we just counted the number of pairs at each US store, and the number of stores/number of different retail companies where they were available, we know that the Knick's pairs and stores numbers were higher.  There is no reason to believe that they would treat any future 2013 pairs other than the black toes and blk/red 1's (rumored) the same way.  I only say that because with NA those 2 pairs have the same, if not more, consumer demand as the Royals.  But JB also doesn't have to make sure they aren't completely out shined on those releases .  Regardless, they will/would be difficult to get because everyone wants them.  It definitely seems like the 2013 NA retro 1's are a toss up right now on how bad JB is going to screw the people that want them.  It's fun to speculate about releases a few months out, but it sucks that JB has left us speculating a few days out with all of these shoes.

@ Locobans - Whether they end up being a Nike labeled QS or just their regular NA release, they should be available at least at some NT's like you said. This really looks like a release that we may have to get definite info from each retailer since info has been pretty hush hush so far. Maybe an Eastbay rep, shoe store worker, or twitter harasser can give us some more insight lol.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the QS/GR definitions are all misinterpreted lately.
A GR is in fact, General Release. Meaning Men’s, GS on down.
A QS is typically Men’s only and short notice.

Now with this new era of shoe collectors, everything is a “QS” for obvious reasons. And everything is labeled “Limited” for other obvious reasons.

Limited GR was the Cav 4’s, Royal 1’s, Knicks 1’s and even the 88 3’s. But HOW limited (quantity wise) no one knows. (Just guestimates)

I believe these will be very limited, based on what Grape said.

Doubt the same numbers as the Cavs 4s.

I'd say more close numbers to the Patchwork 7s that released last year.

Hopefully my HOH gets these, even if its only 12 pairs.

I NEED 'EM!

It's funny how everything comes full circle. Now XI's aren't hard to come by and I's are. Nike is brilliant.

1's in general are not hard to come by, it's just the ones recently that Nike has purposely limited and put the hype wagon on that drive the demand. Plenty of garbage 1's have dropped, as well as some decent colorways over the last 10 years, some of which that have sat.......but you're right about the XI's. There was a time when XI's wouldn't be seen for years and now we get an XI release every year in December.

I believe these will be very limited, based on what Grape said.

Doubt the same numbers as the Cavs 4s.

I'd say more close numbers to the Patchwork 7s that released last year.

Hopefully my HOH gets these, even if its only 12 pairs.

I NEED 'EM!

you feel like you need practically every Jordan...

^ :lol:

Selective hearing maybe?

Been said I was being more picky.

Some of my most recent pickups, besides the Black/Red 11s have been older releases (CB 9s, YOTR 7s, Peapod 8s).

I ain't copping EVERYTHING like how I was last year, trust.

But I'll lead you to believe otherwise, while I truly know what's up.

bored af so i went on nike's chat support and the rep told me they didnt have them on their launch list for april , just the OG celtics 1's that are dropping . 

didn't even know what colorway I was talking about lol

^ :lol:

Selective hearing maybe?

Been said I was being more picky.

Some of my most recent pickups, besides the Black/Red 11s have been older releases (CB 9s, YOTR 7s, Peapod 8s).

I ain't copping EVERYTHING like how I was last year, trust.

But I'll lead you to believe otherwise, while I truly know what's up.

"Selective hearing"? :lol: Okay cool guy....other than noticing and enjoying most of the pics you put on here, I don't take notes on anything in particular you talk about...but if you're copping older shoes now, then good for you. >D

Don't wanna create [any more] enemies.

My fault for how I responded.

I just was upset a little bit because I only bought 4 pairs of 2013 releases.

But its all good man, I do thirst for many shoes, but only really bite for a few.

Respect.

Thanks for sharing knowledge Grape :smokin

Future why everyone seems to wanna fight or argue with you bro ... lol :smh:

1's in general are not hard to come by, it's just the ones recently that Nike has purposely limited and put the hype wagon on that drive the demand. Plenty of garbage 1's have dropped, as well as some decent colorways over the last 10 years, some of which that have sat.......but you're right about the XI's. There was a time when XI's wouldn't be seen for years and now we get an XI release every year in December.

"Plenty of garbage 1's have dropped". Real, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom