2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we can clearly see I know nothing from this whole thread. NYstatenloser dropping the "I know you are but what am I" hahaha. Thanks for coming in 5 days after release and giving us a laugh tho! Head on back to I S S and post months worth of pickups in every thread! I wish you wouldn't have tattled on that guy that had everyone rolling at your expense. I'd love to read that post word for word.

I CAN SHUT THIS THREAD DOWWWWWN!!!

Hahahah I think it's pretty clear no one wants to see any more of your cheeseball pictures chief. And none of that changes that you obviously know nothing about Jordan 1's. Go earn your living on eBay NYstatenloser.

im sorry but you really sound immature. Nystatenisland is a OG niketalk member and you just joined last year. Not to mention you have no room to argue when you've named yourself after a relatively obscure Hanna Barbera cartoon from the 60s.

So to those that have these and have worn them... .

How is the quality of the patent leather ?

Is it thin plasticy leather like the 2002 blk/golds? Or did they possibly bring back a heavy duty patent like nike used to use ?

I ask because the quality actually looks pretty decent, but its herd to tell until they get a little bit broken in.

im sorry but you really sound immature. Nystatenisland is a OG niketalk member and you just joined last year. Not to mention you have no room to argue when you've named yourself after a relatively obscure Hanna Barbera cartoon from the 60s.
S, you seem like a pretty chill guy. You've been here some time now and your the op of this thread. I just want to know.. What were you thinking painting the celtics 1s black? Not meant to be critical, although I don't exactly like the outcome, but what would you say to someone who questions you while rocking them? It's just a little bizarre to me because they are so off the actual 1's right from the material to the soles. It's not like someone might mistaken them for the black/gold metallic 1s.

With that being said I know I'm new here and most members seem to like your custom 1s. I personally can't see myself doing that but I'm obviously not as creative as you. Just wondering what you see them as and what you'll tell people if someone asks..?

I'm done with it...

@thaslap... my bad bro... you're right. I shouldn't label this sneaker a hypebeast sneaker just because it's extremely limited. I guess that "label" just automatically gets associated with limited and I shouldn't fall into that trap because I get plenty of "limited" sneakers but not just for exclusiveness.

@sthebest... dope custom... most of these customs now be going so overboard but you kept yours nice and simple. Propz...

S, you seem like a pretty chill guy. You've been here some time now and your the op of this thread. I just want to know.. What were you thinking painting the celtics 1s black? Not meant to be critical, although I don't exactly like the outcome, but what would you say to someone who questions you while rocking them? It's just a little bizarre to me because they are so off the actual 1's right from the material to the soles. It's not like someone might mistaken them for the black/gold metallic 1s.

With that being said I know I'm new here and most members seem to like your custom 1s. I personally can't see myself doing that but I'm obviously not as creative as you. Just wondering what you see them as and what you'll tell people if someone asks..?

His customs were based off of these matte black 1985 OGs/Variants/Samples/Mystery 1s or whatever you want to call them

900x900px-LL-166a276d_haruka_yhj-img600x450-1359280430iqzrja45421.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a43c728a_haruka_yhj-img600x533-1359280430jjovoc45421.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f714d80b_haruka_yhj-img533x600-1359280430qwdlhz45421.jpeg

Very cool concept and great execution IMO :nthat:

His customs were based off of these matte black 1985 OGs/Variants/Samples/Mystery 1s or whatever you want to call them

900x900px-LL-166a276d_haruka_yhj-img600x450-1359280430iqzrja45421.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a43c728a_haruka_yhj-img600x533-1359280430jjovoc45421.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f714d80b_haruka_yhj-img533x600-1359280430qwdlhz45421.jpeg

Very cool concept and great execution IMO :nthat:

thanks bro, you hit the nail right on the head. Mark, i really wouldnt care what someone had to say to me. People who know me know i have alot of legit sneakers and have had just about every grail you can consider. i wanted to see what a all leather retro version would look like and others wanted to see it to. lord knows these are a improvement over those crappy Celtics

better quality pic View media item 370776

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I've been around here since 2005 and I have never once cared how long someone has been on this damn website for the way that I treat them. I'm also sorry you couldn't get this shoe so now you're trying to paint up some knock off version. His view is not respected bc he has an old date next to his name. No one cares about that. I'm coming off in a manner that in not gonna argue with this guy about something myself and everyone else on here knows as fact. There is a 1985 black and gold patent leather Jordan 1. I could care less what you have to say. I have provided plenty of help and knowledge in this thread and these salty clowns wanna come in here after release and direct salt at members that have been in here this whole time. Lol at this is a hypebeast shoe. This is a classic to the Jordan SHOE LINE because of the awesome back story and mystery surrounding the OG secret release. Take your join date *** kissing elsewhere. Do you agree that there was never a patent leather black n gold jordan 1??

The painted pair doesn't look bad. The other difference is one is black leather and one is painted black. A custom is a CUSTOM design on an existing shoe. Painting a shoe to look like one that exists is a replica. Subtle difference doesn't make it a custom. That's like saying the white line showing around the edges and the white under the holes in the toe box are subtle differences you did on purpose, but they are just limitations of the shoe you are using to try and make it look like another.

And you must be out of your mind if you think my name has to do with some cartoon character I've never heard of. And of it did, what would that have to do with anything? What a stupid thing to say

Last edited:
i respect your opinion and all, but there are subtle changes from the PL verson design. for starters, the ankle leather right below the lining is actually nylon like the tongue. and behind the tongue is gold. im pretty sure its black on the PL version.

also, the PL version has a glittery outsole and gold midsole stitching. my version has white stitching on the midsole and the sole is a solid metallic gold.

and the main reason i made these is to add to mystique of the Black/Gold Jordan 1. its well known that there are two versions of the OG Black/Golds. One is patent leather and the other which some collectors have are the leather version.
that's cool as long as u aint rockin them trying to play them off as the PL 1's that came out this weekend im fine with it. You took a legit sneaker and customized it. I have to learn how to do this, I have some things I wanna create

I'm sorry but I've been around here since 2005 and I have never once cared how long someone has been on this damn website for the way that I treat them. I'm also sorry you couldn't get this shoe so now you're trying to paint up some knock off version. His view is not respected bc he has an old date next to his name. No one cares about that. I'm coming off in a manner that in not gonna argue with this guy about something myself and everyone else on here knows as fact. There is a 1985 black and gold patent leather Jordan 1. I could care less what you have to say. I have provided plenty of help and knowledge in this thread and these salty clowns wanna come in here after release and direct salt at members that have been in here this whole time. Lol at this is a hypebeast shoe. This is a classic to the Jordan SHOE LINE because of the awesome back story and mystery surrounding the OG secret release. Take your join date *** kissing elsewhere. Do you agree that there was never a patent leather black n gold jordan 1??

The painted pair doesn't look bad. The other difference is one is black leather and one is painted black. A custom is a CUSTOM design on an existing shoe. Painting a shoe to look like one that exists is a replica. Subtle difference doesn't make it a custom. That's like saying the white line showing around the edges and the white under the holes in the toe box are subtle differences you did on purpose, but they are just limitations of the shoe you are using to try and make it look like another.

And you must be out of your mind if you think my name has to do with some cartoon character I've never heard of. And of it did, what would that have to do with anything? What a stupid thing to say

You're a idiot. If I used a authentic pair of Jordan 1s to make a Black/Gold colorway, that doesnt make it fake. And i know there are patent leather 85 Black/Gold 1s, but there are 2-3 other versions (one or two of which being leather). Granted, i didnt get the Black/Gold 1s that JB released, but i could have a pair in an instant if i really wanted them. I'm not going to spend $500 on them and nor am i going to give up my Royals, 94 Chicagos, or Banned 1s to get them either. If you read a few pages back, i got the Celtics for 30% off and hated them in person. If i want to spend MY money on shoes and then customize MY shoe to whatever colorway i want, it's none of your business. You need to replace that girl on the Morton's Salt can because your sodium levels are sky high for whatever reason.

And since you've never heard of the cartoon character, then tell me where you got the name from smart guy? Denial does not suit you well my friend.

:smh: at people giving sthebest a hard time for some sick customs, as if he's trying to be some poser. Most people who know about the mystery second black/gold pair prefer that style to the patent leather. These will look better after a number of wears than the creased up, chunky looking patent leather version will. And Celtics and some Angelus sure as hell wasn't as hard to come by as the patent black/golds. Awesome work man, ignore the morons!

that's cool as long as u aint rockin them trying to play them off as the PL 1's that came out this weekend im fine with it. You took a legit sneaker and customized it. I have to learn how to do this, I have some things I wanna create

nah i would never do that. im just taking a colorway that i like and am giving it my own spin. if someone asked, id tell them straight up that i customized them

:smh: at people giving sthebest a hard time for some sick customs, as if he's trying to be some poser. Most people who know about the mystery second black/gold pair prefer that style to the patent leather. These will look better after a number of wears than the creased up, chunky looking patent leather version will. And Celtics and some Angelus sure as hell wasn't as hard to come by as the patent black/golds. Awesome work man, ignore the morons!

thanks bro! im not worried about the naysayers. i took a chance and it paid off. people like GrapeApe always have to find a gripe about something. i take solace in the fact that i made the fugly Celtics look considerably better

A bunch of people in here need to get their money game up or keep it pushing.  Lowry's seasoning is high level octane in this thread.  The fact that these shoes are even going for what they are in the secondary market is sick.  Real talk they ain't that tight.  They cool from a collector's/background story perspective, but other than that, ya'll just playing into JB's mind games.

Nah every man to his opinion. I love these the first time I laid eyes on them. I wouldn't cough that much bread thou matter of facts i passed in CS Took a chance to get it retail. Retrospect $230 was good for preorder but not what they are going on right now. Maybe when my money grow on tree literately and figuratively

why r all of u hatin on the celtics? they aint that bad, id cop

thanks aidan appreciate it. and alp those Celtics are garbage in person. ive never been that dissapointed in a Jordan colorway before. in person they just look cheap and tacky.

thanks aidan appreciate it. and alp those Celtics are garbage in person. ive never been that dissapointed in a Jordan colorway before. in person they just look cheap and tacky.
I think the celtics look good in person.. but apparently you really hate them since you can't stop sayin how ugly they are^^

I think the celtics look good in person.. but apparently you really hate them since you can't stop sayin how ugly they are^^

I really do. I tried my best to like them and dug them when the initial pics surfaced. I was very underwhelmed when i saw them in person the first time. They would have been cool as a Jumpman branded pair but its a slap in the face for it to be one of the OG style 1s.to me, OG 1 colorways should be all about simplicity and these are too loud to fit in with the rest. Not to mention that this is the only OG 1 this year with the correct nylon tongue and the Nike Air on the insole facing the right way that it was on the 1985 and 1994 1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom