2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Dustin keller
mean.gif

Shoulda stayed with us
mean.gif
frown.gif

Hopefully he can play again
He had a good night tonight? That was Sanchez' mans on offense. I was tight they let him go. The offense will struggle. I'll believe Stephen Hill when I see it.

Daaaaaamn, not good, even if he's not with us.

Yeah, it just got confirmed today. He's done for the season.

I knew something was up when he got beat around the outside and came up limping. Somebody else on the roster has to step up now.

"ESPN NFL - Dolphins' Dustin Keller tore ACL, MCL, PCL and dislocated knee on D.J. Swearinger hit -- Schefter"

Wow.

Keller quit on the team last season and milked his injuries due to the Jets not offering him a contract before the off-season.

I feel bad he got hurt and you never want to see anyone be injured, but Cumberland/Reuland/Smith/Winslow have been doing fine this pre-season. Keller wanted premium tight end $$$$. He did not even get that from the Dolphins and signed a very veteran type deal for one season because no team wanted to give him max years for top $

"ESPN NFL - Dolphins' Dustin Keller tore ACL, MCL, PCL and dislocated knee on D.J. Swearinger hit -- Schefter"

Wow.
Yup :smh: tore everything in it. Hopefully he can play at a high level again. :smh:
shredded the whole damn thing 
mean.gif

Edit. **** it too lazy to fix it.

But yeah the nfl tripping man you cant hit high yet you can basically ends ppl careers. :smh:

Last edited:

Wow.
Yup
mean.gif
tore everything in it. Hopefully he can play at a high level again.
mean.gif

shredded the whole damn thing 
mean.gif
Edit. **** it too lazy to fix it.

But yeah the nfl tripping man you cant hit high yet you can basically ends ppl careers.
mean.gif
Yeah, they will have to re-teach how to hit man. It's crazy. Might as well make the league 7 on 7 from now on.

I havent been able to see any preseason games yet. How has Winslow been so far?
I haven't seen much either, but I haven't heard anything about him doing anything so I'm figuring not much. He's been overrated more and more as his career has gone on.

I haven't seen much either, but I haven't heard anything about him doing anything so I'm figuring not much. He's been overrated more and more as his career has gone on.

true. well let's hope he does something this year. Sanchez really needs all the help in the world.

true. well let's hope he does something this year. Sanchez really needs all the help in the world.
I think Sanchez needs to be somewhere else, unless they can keep him with a consistent coordinator and give him weapons to throw to and make up their mind what their identity is going to be on offense. He's made a lot of mistakes but I don't think it's out of the norm than any other QB. It gets magnified because it's NY and he had some early success and it tailed off in subsequent years. I've been defending him not because I'm a huge fan of his, but because there has been so much change in his learning curve. Any QB short of Manning (Peyton) would look shaky given the support he's had in place up to this point.

He really hasn't been put in the best situation to succeed but at the same time, some of the mistakes he continues to make are beyond inexcusable. His mistakes are magnified and dissected and he has all eyes on him. Is it fair? I'm not to sure but at this point it is what it is with him.

At the same time I don't see geno smith as the answer. If he was or resembled it, he would've seperated himself from Sanchez, sort of like how Russell Wilson did with Matt Flynn last year in Seattle.

Whoever starts this year is in a lose/lose situation with the lack of talent on offense.

He really hasn't been put in the best situation to succeed but at the same time, some of the mistakes he continues to make are beyond inexcusable. His mistakes are magnified and dissected and he has all eyes on him. Is it fair? I'm not to sure but at this point it is what it is with him.

At the same time I don't see geno smith as the answer. If he was or resembled it, he would've seperated himself from Sanchez, sort of like how Russell Wilson did with Matt Flynn last year in Seattle.

Whoever starts this year is in a lose/lose situation with the lack of talent on offense.
I completely agree

That said, I think we all know what to expect this season and expectations aren't high. I want to see a team that plays hard, gives effort and shows improvement as the season progresses. I'd be content starting Sanchez early and see what he does. Im sure alot of fans will be upset and boo but well ran organizations don't make decisions for their team off of fan opinion. If he plays like crap and the team is losing then give geno smith a shot. He's a 2nd round pick, if he doesn't show anything there's no real investment in him like a team would view a top 10 draft pick, hell if he sucks give McElroy a shot if its late in the season and see what he can do. If the qb play is terrible and the team sucks they'll most likely have a high draft pick in a draft that should have a decent amount of talented qb's available.

I just hope with whoever the next qb is that the jets learn from the mishandling of mark Sanchez and don't repeat the same mistakes because for as bad as Sanchez has been, the organization didn't build around him properly. Schotty and soprano sucked. He lost a good chunk of his receivers in 2011 while the offensive line fell off and the team as a whole regressed.

That said, I think we all know what to expect this season and expectations aren't high. I want to see a team that plays hard, gives effort and shows improvement as the season progresses. I'd be content starting Sanchez early and see what he does. Im sure alot of fans will be upset and boo but well ran organizations don't make decisions for their team off of fan opinion. If he plays like crap and the team is losing then give geno smith a shot. He's a 2nd round pick, if he doesn't show anything there's no real investment in him like a team would view a top 10 draft pick, hell if he sucks give McElroy a shot if its late in the season and see what he can do. If the qb play is terrible and the team sucks they'll most likely have a high draft pick in a draft that should have a decent amount of talented qb's available.

I just hope with whoever the next qb is that the jets learn from the mishandling of mark Sanchez and don't repeat the same mistakes because for as bad as Sanchez has been, the organization didn't build around him properly. Schotty and soprano sucked. He lost a good chunk of his receivers in 2011 while the offensive line fell off and the team as a whole regressed.
Once again, I agree with what you said. I think they are gonna screw up again. That  "brutal" comment was indicative of that.

I been screaming to people about what whole philosophy with Schotty. Them saying we're going to run the ball, it worked, but who in the hell gives away their #1 rushing attack and not replenish it? That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. That gave your young QB confidence and took pressure off him. Then after they gave away their effective rushing attack, they still run the ball for the first 3 quarters, then when the running game doesn't work, because it's a passing league, they expect Sanchez to save them in the 4th quarter with the passing game. How could they expect that when they never let him get into any sort of rhythm with the WR. I never understood Schottenheimer for that and that backwards philosophy ruined Sanchez because it confused him. They had him thinking pass, when they actually ineffectively ran the ball. That was frustrating to watch.

Sporano was just a complete joke

I never understood Schottenheimer for that and that backwards philosophy ruined Sanchez because it confused him. They had him thinking pass, when they actually ineffectively ran the ball. That was frustrating to watch.

Sporano was just a complete joke

Agreed on both parts. Schotty showed signs of decency at times, but overall he did nothing consistent to get Mark into a flow.

Sporano was a complete fail. Wasn't a big fan of the hire from the start (more so was happy because Schotty was out), but I'm really glad he was just around for last year and canned in the off-season.

Agreed on both parts. Schotty showed signs of decency at times, but overall he did nothing consistent to get Mark into a flow.

Sporano was a complete fail. Wasn't a big fan of the hire from the start (more so was happy because Schotty was out), but I'm really glad he was just around for last year and canned in the off-season.
Schotty had some great calls. I mean games where you can tell Mark was in a rhythm.

And Mark - if anything - is a rhythm qb.

That game vs. the Giants (I think) - where he had Sanchez attempt over 50 passes pretty much put the cherry on top for his dismissal.

Yea very valid point when shotty did call the right plays he made Sanchez look like a stud but otherwise as you can tell he called a ton of bonehead plays 3rd and 2 we throw the ball

Back
Top Bottom