2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Hearing Sanchez won't be ready for Week 1
nerd.gif
Welp, he has to get rid of that fru fru headband man, it's killing me. This ain't FIFA dawg. Glad he got rid of the 'stache tho. He was looking like one of the Village People 
laugh.gif

Any you guys going to kickoff vs the bucks next sun? I don't care how the season goes (cuz it's not like we are gunna have a winning season) but if we destroy the bills and revis island looks weak and we made the right move for what we did this off season then I can be a happy jets fan this seaon

Jets signed Brady Quinn and released Harrell.

It makes no difference between the two skill wise. The big concern is that they can't make up their damn minds on who they want on the roster. It's a joke.

View media item 493588

Last edited:
Brady Quinn huh? In his mind, he still thinks he has starter capability, especially coming to the Jets. They just don't know how to make a decision and stick with it. So what now? We try to scheme to get Bridgewater next year? 
mean.gif

Why pick up another less then mediocre qb i just dot get it. We have other spots that need some work and there are players on the market that can help us. Quinn??? No

4-6 wins seems about right. I know teams will be tight when they play the jets. Not because they're good but they don't want to lose to the jets. I think the defense can win a game or two.

I'm really curious as to how they come out for the Tampa game. If they can somehow pull that game off, 3 of the first 4 games of the season are winnable to me. If they can get off to a decent start it can build some confidence for the young guys. If their 1-3 or 0-4 after the opening stretch then it most likely will be teddy time next season.

how do you guys feel about rex ryan? do you jets fans have confidence in him? seems he's been losing a lot of credibility over the last month

how do you guys feel about rex ryan? do you jets fans have confidence in him? seems he's been losing a lot of credibility over the last month

It's gotta be hard on him, even years later, to be off that high that was the 09/10 seasons (his first two as a HC). We've gone to **** since those years, years that we were potential SB attendees. Losing team morale since than hasn't helped anyone, including him who's seemed to have lost grip on team unity and proper in-game decision making (ala Sanchez coming in against the Giants).

------------------------------------------------------------------

With Geno being announced the starter for Sunday, surely I would think the Jets drafted him with visions of him replacing Sanchez (whether or not it was Week 1 or later in the season/next year is another question).

Let him ride this out; support him and have him as comfortable as he can be. Don't rush Sanchez back.

TBH Rex is a lame duck coach going into this season. The roster moves, lack of depth and the coddling of Sanchez is too much. I think Rex is a great DC but as a HC, IDK. However, Woody Johnson is a dumbass so I can't say for sure he's gone.

this team hasn't been the same since hardknocks. holmes should've never been a captain and schotty killed sanchez's confidence.

09 and 10 were a gift and a curse. Gift in the sense that that was a real fun time and some of those playoff wins were a joy to watch.

A curse in the fact that it made the team think they were better then they really were and not make the moves to sustain those positives

09 and 10 were a gift and a curse. Gift in the sense that that was a real fun time and some of those playoff wins were a joy to watch.

A curse in the fact that it made the team think they were better then they really were and not make the moves to sustain those positives

QFT, after '10 season, that offseason was huge, and they dropped the ball. Lost faith on the direction of the team.

QFT, after '10 season, that offseason was huge, and they dropped the ball. Lost faith on the direction of the team.

They put all their eggs in 1 basket trying to get nnamdi. (Probably best they didn't get him though) neglected other areas of importance. Gave Holmes number 1 receiver money even though he was at best a good number 2 outta the sake of keeping Sanchez's weapons but they let cotchrey leave, didn't resign Braylon even after he outpriced himself and coulda ultimately been had for cheap that year.

Aside from that I think that week 4 ravens game in 2011 where Sanchez had no protection and imploded was the beginning of the end for him confidence wise.

Damn shame though, I won't forget that night when they beat New England in the playoffs. That night was priceless but unfortunately they treated it like they won the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh game was winnable and when they lost I had this feeling like damn, 2011 might be a down year but they'll be back soon.

Oh well hopefully they suprise me and all of us on Sunday

That Namdi chase was disgusting! We clearly needed a RT! Wayne Hunter was terrible and they did nothing to help Mark at WR. We did it to ourselves.

this team hasn't been the same since hardknocks. holmes should've never been a captain and schotty killed sanchez's confidence.
Can't be stressed enough. Sanchez wasn't properly brought along to run the offense. There is a fine line with QB's like him. He was borderline coming out and could have made it given the right situation. Schotty ruined his confidence big time, even until now. In addition to that, they still haven't filled any skill positions. Who exactly has Sanchez had to throw to that he can rely on? It will indeed be a long couple of seasons.

The one guy Sanchez loved connecting with, Dustin Keller, gets let go. Now because this team stinks and needs to be blown up, I don't mind it too much, but that was the one dude Sanchez threw to consistently. Tannenbaum was terrible towards the end. Rex and his attitude was repulsive. The offensive line was like a prison shower scene.

Aside from Patrick Willis, Revis has been my favorite player in the league defensive wise. Aside from Sunday that's still my dude and hope he does well.

That said I could see the jets thinking in trading him. Dude priced himself out, especially coming off the injury. There were contract issues in 07, 2010, and were inevitable again. Sucks he had to go but that's the business part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom