2013 Super Bowl XLVII Commercials Thread

^^

Naw, I actually went to high school with meth. He's not Jamaican or a robot.

Last edited:
roll.gif

How was it racists? I understand who said it was more than likely racists, but how was what was said racists?
Commercial ignores the black ,latino and asian farmers of america. The folks who had to file a lawsuit against USDA because they discriminated against them with loans . The Latino workers who pick crates of blackberries by hand for 75 cent a box .It essentially depcts farmers in america and the ones who bult america as white .Its a very self serving revisionist history.

Yeah I didn't find that VW commercial offensive at all.

That godaddy ad with the kissing was probably the worst.

Overall the ads weren't that good this year. Hell, they haven't been that good for few years now IMO.

How was it racists? I understand who said it was more than likely racists, but how was what was said racists?
Commercial ignores the black ,latino and asian farmers of america. The folks who had to file a lawsuit against USDA because they discriminated against them with loans . The Latino workers who pick crates of blackberries by hand for 75 cent a box .It essentially depcts farmers in america and the ones who bult america as white .Its a very self serving revisionist history.

...but...there..were...black..nevermind.

eyes.gif

da epitome of reaching. its like calling a diaper commercial sexist because they dont have men in it which according to you ignores

fathers that change diapers
laugh.gif

its real revisionist .This is coming from a dude who comes from family that does farm work and has done farm work in the past.I was like dang where are the black and latino farmers at. Because we exist

My dude you may have a point, but the sole purpose of the ad is to sell trucks and not to inform people about farmers. The field of marketing basically stereotypes groups of people and selects one demographic to connect with, in this ad, it was white Americans from the bible belt. IMO this was the most effective ad (at reaching an intended audience) out of all the Super Bowl ads.

you can't even find 1 article that states it was racist. keep reaching.
i cant take the guy who uses yahoo answers for evidence seriously.
when you feel like not deflecting DIRECT challenges aimed at your temple and find a article that claims that ad was "racist" then

you have permisson to speak in this thread, otherwise you lookin like da boy who cried wolf.

My dude you may have a point, but the sole purpose of the ad is to sell trucks and not to inform people about farmers. The field of marketing basically stereotypes groups of people and selects one demographic to connect with, in this ad, it was white Americans from the bible belt. IMO this was the most effective ad (at reaching an intended audience) out of all the Super Bowl ads.
it was da best ad bar none this year, and that wasn't too hard too do considering da all around weak assortments.

Even though I'm really not trying to have this conversation, I know there were black farmers in that commercial. Other nationalities, I dunno, but I do remember the black man sitting in the bed of a truck with a rope in his hand.

you can't even find 1 article that states it was racist. keep reaching.
i cant take the guy who uses yahoo answers for evidence seriously.
when you feel like not deflecting DIRECT challenges aimed at your temple and find a article that claims that ad was "racist" then

you have permisson to speak in this thread, otherwise you lookin like da boy who cried wolf.
What does he need an article to claim it for him to speak in this thread?

He needs someone to co-sign how he felt about the commercial??

see http://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Publications/2007/Online_Highlights/Fact_Sheets/Demographics/
Now peep this here please this isnt from wiki answers or yahoo.
what your doing is conflating 2 different things and coming up with your OWN assumptions.

im still waiting for this "outrage reaction to da racist dodge ad"

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom