2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I been saying Kobe gone after this year.
Y'all acting like that money mean something to him when in reality it don't.
I just can't see Kobe putting his body thru another lottery season. I would understand if we were in title contention...hell I would understand if we were in playoff contention. But we won't be next season. So why put your body thru that again to lose one last year.

It really all depends this offseason. If we get a top 3 pick and get Dragic & one of the many free agent big men. Then maybe he stays for his last season. But if we give our pick to the Suns and only get someone like Hibbert this offseason then Kobe is officially retired.

If things goes the way we expect them to, Kobe is going to sign another contract.

Kobe will have no problems walking away from the $24 mil if he feels like he's gonna embarrass himself out there.

It's too early to call though. I think he's still figuring out what he has left, and he's gonna see what the Lakers can do in the summer.

Kobe will have no problems walking away from the $24 mil if he feels like he's gonna embarrass himself out there.

It's too early to call though. I think he's still figuring out what he has left, and he's gonna see what the Lakers can do in the summer.
Do you... HONESTLY... see Kobe over calling himself an embarrassment?

Read the way I worded that.

"Do you... HONESTLY... see Kobe ever being an embarrassment?" is a different question. I didn't ask that.

If he WERE struggling in the eyes of everyone watching, I don't see him him ever admitting that, to us or to himself.

Look at the way we're talking about him this year. And I'm not talking about me; I've always talked the way you fans are talking this year. @CP1708  wrestles between Kobe and Magic as #1 on his own, personal All Time Laker list, and look at the stuff he has said about Mamba this year.

Now, do you think Kobe is saying that stuff about HIMSELF?

Honestly?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't have a lean yet what he'll do.

I "think" he will wait, see what LA sets up in the summer, and then MAYBE he comes back, to try and give it a go. With a smarter plan from day 1, more days off, fewer games, fewer minutes, etc, and see if he can help and maybe be ready come April/May etc.

If his body just feels finished, then maybe, he just says screw it and we never see him again. But 25 million dollars.......I mean :lol: I'd at least semi try to play, even like ****, to get that kind of coin for nothin. :lol:

"Do you... HONESTLY... see Kobe ever being an embarrassment?" is a different question. I didn't ask that.

If he WERE struggling in the eyes of everyone watching, I don't see him him ever admitting that, to us or to himself.

Look at the we're talking about him this year. And I'm not talking about me; I've always talked the way you fans are talking this year. @CP1708
 wrestles between Kobe and Magic on his own, personal All Time Laker list, and look at the stuff he has said about Mamba this year.

Honestly?

Yes, I think he would admit that to himself. He had those quotes about not wanting to play anymore if he's on restricted minutes and scoring 17 points a game. That makes it sound like he'll be embarrassed of looking like a lesser/older version of himself - he'd rather quit than let people see him like that (or go through the effort of adjusting his game :lol:).

Right now he's resting and playing like what he feared. I think he's still figuring out how it's gonna be from here on out. If he realizes this is gonna be the norm for him, he might retire. He'd be embarrassed of looking like this if it goes on too much longer.

But no I don't think he'd ever publicly call himself an embarrassment. I just meant if he felt embarrassed of what he's become, he would retire... but come up with some corny way of putting his legend to rest :lol:

Last edited:

Look at the we're talking about him this year. And I'm not talking about me; I've always talked the way you fans are talking this year. @CP1708
 wrestles between Kobe and Magic on his own, personal All Time Laker list, and look at the stuff he has said about Mamba this year.

Honestly?

You serious? He's already said he's been struggling this year. He said it already. Not necessarily embarrassing himself. But he's said he wants to walk through his glory years, not crawl, which is why he;s been taking the time off. He hasn't lost his skill, that doesnt go away. But he knows for a fact that he's lost the ability to make his body do what he wants it to do most nights. Maybe you dont watch the after game interviews, but he keeps it pretty real. Says he doesnt have his legs on missed game winners or how tired or sore he is which throws his shots off.

I feel as if we should focus on this during the offseason. He could easily change his mind, or buy himself a new body in Germany.

Last edited:
Honestly if Byron wasn't a doofus, I'd put money that Kobe's season up to now would look entirely different for the better.

I'm actually curious the exact number of Kobe's PER would be if he was shooting 42/30/81 as opposed to 37/30/81 (everything else constant), but I can't find a plug in formula, and trying to do the math myself gets complicated.

Played 27 out of the first 27 games. 35.5 minutes per game. 22.4 shots per game with 8 FTs per game. There were 6 Back to Backs. :smh:

Edit: Looked at the stats, it'd probably be between 22-23 PER which would put him somewhere between Top 13 & Top 20 in the league of most efficient players. Came up with this looking at DWade who is 22/4/5.6 on .495/.333/.735 he's at 24PER.

Last edited:
Yannis Koutroupis has us selecting Russell 4th in a mock draft

I really hate his shot though.. I despise it.
Not everyone can be Kendall Marshall.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Although a much better shooter than Kendall.

I still like Stanley Johnson more.

Speaking of Kendall. That would be a good signing in the offseason. Off an ACL Tear as well, could get him for cheap on multiple years.

Last edited:

Speaking of Kendall. That would be a good signing in the offseason. Off an ACL Tear as well, could get him for cheap on multiple years.
For what exactly? He's a great passer no doubt. but his flaws are so ghastly. I'd want to find a fresher prospect honestly. 

For what exactly? He's a great passer no doubt. but his flaws are so ghastly. I'd want to find a fresher prospect honestly. 

As a backup. For what he likely costs, still good value. But again all depends on what you can get him for and for how long.

As a backup. For what he likely costs, still good value. But again all depends on what you can get him for and for how long.
I get you, but I was never enamored with him. Didn't like that he didn't come to Nick's defense either haha, but that's not the reason I didn't really like him much.. His shot, shot creation, athleticism, defense, etc were all turn offs for me. Seemed like a nice guy though. I still would like to find/develop someone even younger. 

And with your Scott comments I agree to an extent. But maybe (positive spin) Scott pushing him is what Kobe needed to show himself that he needs to adapt his game. He seems extremely open to becoming a facilitator/jack of all trades type of player. Before this he definitely thought he could be the Kobe of old. After coming back from that week off he definitely altered his game and it proved to me he still can be a great player. 

But what's disheartening is these random days of rest like today. I find these days off to be extremely weird. I get back to backs but the guy hasn't played since Thursday. How does he expect to play effectively next season? 

I get you, but I was never enamored with him. Didn't like that he didn't come to Nick's defense either haha, but that's not the reason I didn't really like him much.. His shot, shot creation, athleticism, defense, etc were all turn offs for me. Seemed like a nice guy though. I still would like to find/develop someone even younger. 

And with your Scott comments I agree to an extent. But maybe (positive spin) Scott pushing him is what Kobe needed to show himself that he needs to adapt his game. He seems extremely open to becoming a facilitator/jack of all trades type of player. Before this he definitely thought he could be the Kobe of old. After coming back from that week off he definitely altered his game and it proved to me he still can be a great player. 

But what's disheartening is these random days of rest like today. I find these days off to be extremely weird. I get back to backs but the guy hasn't played since Thursday. How does he expect to play effectively next season? 

He'll be 24 next season. But I do get what you're saying.

No lie Byron said it was to make up for all the rest he didn't get earlier :lol:

What's even more funny is that too much rest hurts rhythm as well. He should be playing tonight.

If he just rested Kobe on back-to-backs he would have rested the exact number of games that Byron has randomly sat him out. :rofl: He's a doofus.

Last edited:
Knicks 6
Wolves 7
76ers 8

Lakers 12
Celtics 13
Jazz 14
Magic-Pacers 15

At Suns
At Pelicans
At Spurs
Rockets
Wizards
Bulls

Man, we can really, REALLY make a solid run at the 3 teams behind us. (Knicks-Wolves-6ers)

And hopefully, gain a game or two of space on the Celtics and Jazz.

He'll be 24 next season. But I do get what you're saying.

No lie Byron said it was to make up for all the rest he didn't get earlier
laugh.gif

What's even more funny is that too much rest hurts rhythm as well. He should be playing tonight.

If he just rested Kobe on back-to-backs he would have rested the exact number of games that Byron has randomly sat him out.
roll.gif
He's a doofus.
Yupp I know Marshall is young, but I just don't see him improving much at all. He is what he is. But yea I know you already know that. 

The rest thing is dumb for sure, but if Kobe is the one saying my body hurts that's definitely something to be worried about. It could be Kobe telling Scott my body hurts and then Scott telling him to rest. I know a lot of people want him that one year to finish off and start a new slate, but the guy is still able to play at a high level. I don't see why he can't play the way he did in that Cavs game continuously. Of course 17 assists is not what I'm saying (seemed like the Lakers were hitting everything), but there's still a great deal of skill and a very unique skillset in him if he can play these games healthy. 

Not sure if Reggie Miller specifically mentioning the Celtics abundance of picks as an example of what we need to do enhances my point, or harm's it. :lol:

Not sure if Reggie Miller specifically mentioning the Celtics abundance of picks as an example of what we need to do enhances my point, or harm's it. :lol:

I never listen to Reggie... So while I'm watching with sound, I've literally not heard a single word said.

But I do like the "Young Black Kelly Clarkson is a Boozer" lineup

I don't think Byron is sitting him this game because he wants to. We all know that ...we all know Bryon wants to play him until his heart stops
But I think Kobe isn't playing because his body is going through it. Pain & soreness every day. I couldn't imagine going through that.

So when you say Byron needs to learn how to manage his minutes better because too little time could mess up his rhythm as well. I don't think its that simple. I honestly believe Kobe pushed his body to the max and he is old.

Its like a decision between stay home and play the next game at 100% or go play this Suns game in excruciating pain at 50% then play the next game at 35%

Ionno ...I think thats the situation Kobe is in. Not solely the ineptitude of Byron.

But yes, Byron is still King Doofus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom