**2014-2015 CLEVELAND CAVALIERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
listening to kylie & booms got me hyped this morning.  Apparently Gilbert and his team have some tricks up their sleeves.  So glad I didn't dump my ticks.  I'm going to pass on the concert and either be at City Tap, Clevelander or Flannery's beforehand if anybody wants a cleveland NT summit :lol:

I am going to the game but beforhand will stop at Clevelander and winking.

Listen to Rizzo man, best radio show in town imo.

I'm going to be able to only watch the first half because I have to attend a seminar around the time the second half >:

New Nike Bron commercial has me so hyped, can't wait to go to tonight, starting my day at 4, the new billboard looks sick too.

Kinda disappointed Cavs coulnt' get a W from today's game, but the season's literally just started, and Cavs are gonna be alright.

Today LeBron played one of his worst games and Cavs still could have easily gotten a win. I hope the team has gotten rid of all the jitters and nervous feeling today and gets rolling from now on.

Ya I think we'll be fine, electric in the building last night, but very let down with the Intro, I thought they had a special video package for Bron coming back, smh at the cavs.

even though we took the L, I still had a blast...sir charles was getting his nails done across from my hotel when we were checking in 
laugh.gif
  Posted up on Flannery's patio until gametime, couldn't get enough of the vibe in the city.

Cavs are still the team to beat in the East, it just takes awhile for all the sideshow stuff to settle down and for 12 guys to gel together. Rocky first 1/3 of the season, then they'll probably get really good, barring injury. 

Glad we earned this win against the Bulls tonight :pimp:

A couple of things watching the Cavs game:

Blatt sucks. Dude really has NO clue how to rotate his players. Reminds me of Mike Brown last year. And if he's a disciplinary coach by any means; he'll be gone by June if the Cavs don't win the chip.

Tristan made the biggest play of his career tonight. And 12 offensive boards sick :x dude is a ox. And finally coming of age.

Bron's back must hurt on the low. His in the paint game ain't the same as last years. But showed he's still the best player on this planet.

Kevin Love's passing game is :wow: - way better than I thought.

Feel bad for Rose. He needs better conditioning.

1st W of many. #CavsNation :nthat:

Last edited:
I like the way Cavs grinded out a W today. And it sure helps having that LeBron guy for the crunch time lol

Mark Jackson brought up an interesting point though. Bron seems to not jump as high or go up strong when driving to the basket. I guess he is conserving his stamina for the long run?

I like the way Cavs grinded out a W today. And it sure helps having that LeBron guy for the crunch time lol

Mark Jackson brought up an interesting point though. Bron seems to not jump as high or go up strong when driving to the basket. I guess he is conserving his stamina for the long run?

Already? LeBron is 30 years old.
i cannot remember MJ conserving his game in the season 1992/1993 where he was also 30 and averaged 32.6ppg and was still a high flying slasher.
not to mention players back then had to play with more bulky and heavier shoes.

I really hope that lebron finds his old dominance on the court soon. He has to step up when the team needs clutch.

At the moment I'm more worried about the defense than the offense of the Cavs.
they really need to play better defense.

For real lol, no need for the blatt slander, he is a rookie coach, he'll get adjusted to the game.

How do you guys feel about Lebron becoming more of a wing player again? I'm a miami fan and I hated when he would go back to the "cavs lebron" and hang out on the wing, dribble, dribble, dribble, then try to beat his defender off the dribble. We were such a better team when he was in the post and making the defense choose between the double team or give up an open jumper from one of the other players or a cutting wade. But I see that the cavs run two big men (ex. Varejo and Love) alongside lebron, which forces lebron out in a way. But It definitely helps that love can step out and drain 3's. It also makes them one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA...

Bron play today reminded me of the way he used to play when he was with the Cavs several years ago, both good and bad.

He was a more of a wing player who drove in to get contact, finish or kick it out today.

Problem is, he never possessed a lightening quick first step even back in the day, and he seemed a tad slow than even that today. So he often got stopped by Dunleavy and Snell... which he could bulldoze his way in Miami, but now that he's slimmed down, it's not as easy.

It doesn't help that he doesn't go as strong to the basket as he used to. I dunno it's still the early season rust or something, but he seemed to not go full 100% going to the basket.

I believe he's still getting himself into the midseason form and this is just early season rust. Obviously he's not gonna play the way he used to in Miami, but I hope to see a lighter Bron going to the rim strong, and if that option is blocked, he can shoot from outside with improved J that he acquired from Miami days.

He's obviously at his best when he takes it to the basket, and when he pulls defenders inside, he can either drop it to the cutting bigs or kick it out to 3 point shooters.

That passing game part will come along as the entire Cavs team gets used to each other.

I hope to see the team gels in gradually as the season progresses, and hopefully gets the machine rolling around Jan ~ Feb.

Reports say he's at 85-90% due to back. Is it sore? Spasms? Does anyone know? Hopefully he doesn't overdo it and gets treatments. Kyrie and Kevin can pick up the load and we should be fine. We've had 60 wins and won nothing. I'd rather get 50 wins and be energized for playoff run. Nothing else matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom