2014 ESPYs Thread TONIGHT 9PM EST/6PM PST

I came into this thread expecting Drake hate.....and you guys did not disappoint.

Dont care if i am in the minority. I thought Drake did an outstanding job. He didnt hit a homerun on every single joke, but had me thoroughly entertained the entire time.

Brian McBride is made for this.
laugh.gif
he could fire '98 norm macdonald-type shots at everyone 
laugh.gif

They gave him Diggins. Sure that was worth more than a mil to this guy. Bonus for embarrassing her dude on live tv.

Welp. We know why Kevin Hart couldnt do it. He's filming Ride Along 2 right now. Didnt that movie just come out? 
laugh.gif

Next year for sure...

Dang sorry to all those battling or remembering a loss in their fam

Stu Scott was brilliant. Caught me off guard, what a class act. Inspiring.

Drake was solid. First 2 songs were hilarious. Overall good performance.

Drake's corniness has worn thin on me man, prevented me from enjoying the show. I turned it off after the Diggins nonsense and went and played soccer.

Caught the Stu Scott speech on replay....after KD's MVO speech and that Isiah Austin draft thing I thought I was done crying for a while... :smh: had your boy hiding his tears from his family

Drake's corniness has worn thin on me man, prevented me from enjoying the show. I turned it off after the Diggins nonsense and went and played soccer.

Caught the Stu Scott speech on replay....after KD's MVO speech and that Isiah Austin draft thing I thought I was done crying for a while... :smh: had your boy hiding his tears from his family

U shed tears for real though?

I came into this thread expecting Drake hate.....and you guys did not disappoint.

Dont care if i am in the minority. I thought Drake did an outstanding job. He didnt hit a homerun on every single joke, but had me thoroughly entertained the entire time.
I agree; I knew there would be plenty of NT'ers hating on Drake no matter what.

I don't listen to Drake have no knowledge of anything he's ever did besides hold the ball at the slam dunk contest, and saw a sprite or coke commercial of him on TV.

Saying that he did a really good job. He definitely has a career outside of rap doing comedy or hosting or just a TV personality. He's definitely marketable to the mainstream America.

Good Job.

the skit with Blake and Drake was dope too.

Last edited:

I don't listen to Drake have no knowledge of anything he's ever did besides hold the ball at the slam dunk contest, and saw a sprite or coke commercial of him on TV.
How is this even possible?  Must be 50+ year old. 

Last edited:
I thought Drake killed it last night; the Side Pieces had me :lol:

Most of NT would hate on him without even actually seeing the ESPY's and I bet there are plenty in here doing just that

Last edited:

How is this even possible?  Must be 50+ year old. 
I just don't listen to him. 
laugh.gif
 Okay maybe the no knowledge of what he's done. I just know he's a rapper. I thought he was a singer at first. But thats about it on top of the slam dunk contest, and the commercial and also he signed with Nike. 4 things I know about him.

Just trying to build my opinion on a neutral and non bias note on Drake. He did a good job for somebody that hasn't really known him other than the 4 things I mention above.

Last edited:
Drake was better than any of us expected.

Sure there were some corny and awkward moments, but thats just Drake being himself. I cant think of any other artist/rapper/singer pull off what he did last night aside from JT.

Back
Top Bottom