2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this all star game from '06 on NBATV. Why has the ASG gotten so sloppy in recent years? This looks so good compared to the last 2-3 years.

Watching this all star game from '06 on NBATV. Why has the ASG gotten so sloppy in recent years? This looks so good compared to the last 2-3 years.

Look at the rosters. That was the year four Pistons made it. It was played at a much slower, more deliberate pace. It's by far the lowest scoring game in the last 8 seasons.

Look at the rosters. That was the year four Pistons made it. It was played at a much slower, more deliberate pace. It's by far the lowest scoring game in the last 8 seasons.
I was speaking in more generality. Aesthetically it looked good, even with the loose play. In more recent years, it's more TO's and less defense. I'm not expecting a lot of D, but it's been a joke recently and has looked really sloppy lately. The game play has gotten boring imo, even for an ASG. So much so, I didn't even care to watch this year's game. 

I was speaking in more generality. Aesthetically it looked good, even with the loose play. In more recent years, it's more TO's and less defense. I'm not expecting a lot of D, but it's been a joke recently and has looked really sloppy lately. The game play has gotten boring imo, even for an ASG. So much so, I didn't even care to watch this year's game. 

agree 100%

sure it was slower but it was a good game to watch with a bunch of superstars and stars. not a gloried pick up game with no defense, set plays, and nothing but turn overs

People want to see the ball go in the basket. Nothing more to say really. As a game thats built purely around entertainment for casual fans and people enamored with star play, putting up a crazy amount of points is the best way to keep people entertained.

TP9, Wade, and, Bosh look so young 
laugh.gif

If doc rivers leaves the clippers because Donald Sterling is the owner heading into the season, I'll blow myself.

He's not passing up on coaching that squad and playing golf in Beverly Hills.

Please, stop lying a Doc :lol:

If doc rivers leaves the clippers because Donald Sterling is the owner heading into the season, I'll blow myself.

hes a drama queen

bunch of actors on dat team

More vet all stars leaving and more clown all stars on the teams. Ties-in to that whole the league is less competitive narrative. Once Kobe and KG are gone I won't expect much.

He really could end up in LAL though. ****tier squad but hey there's still Beverly Hills golf.
They need to change the ASG to make it similar to the MLB.

Winner gets HCA
That's beyond ridiculous. There'd be so much more sabotage given the majority of players on the East knowing they won't see the finals anyway.

Not to mention MLB doing that is still a mistake. They only did that cuz there sport is one of the dumb few that don't change rules when needed so they can't avoid a game ending in a tie.

If you want the ASG game to be better really hit home to their ego and make the losing coast rock the scarlet letter of L the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Please, stop lying a Doc
laugh.gif
hes a drama queen

bunch of actors on dat team
LA BASKETBALL AS A WHOLE IS ON A BIG SPIRAL DOWNWARD.

SMH GONE ARE DA DAYS OF SHAQ BRINGING CHIPS TO DA TOWN

Crazy that 80% of these guys are retired or well on their way to being done with the game in the next few seasons. :smh:

Kobe, Tim, KG, Dirk, Nash, VC, Pierce, Matrix, Ray...end of an era. It really sucks.

Mavs hosting Jameer Nelson on Thursday. Please baby Jesus let that happen.

And JJ Barea isn't really needed. We have a backup. A cheaper one, and probably better. He'd be nice, but don't want to give anything up for him.

Jameer/Felton/Harris/Mekel
Monta/Ledo
Parsons/RJeff/Rashard/Crowder
Dirk/Greg Smith/Griffin
Tyson/Wright

I can live with it.

Not sure if I'd rather have Jameer or Trix back, but Jameer and Harris at the point is pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom