2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people see from Knicks to think that they can be a competitive playoff team? I sure as hell don't see it. Melo is great, but he still has no supporting cast around him.

The Bulls, Wizards, Heat,Raptors and Knicks will be the teams that could potentially get the Cavaliers problems
the bulls yes, heat possibly ..... wiz are an ok average team.... and the raps over achieved.... i see the knicks getting in by default if the pacers have a bad season.... and even still outside the bulls none of those teams are as good as those orlando teams or the celtics or pistons

The Bulls and Heat are the established teams

The Wizards and the Raptors have some players who are only going to get better

The Knicks have a Prime Melo,a new system and some new pieces, so they could do something in the playoffs

Last edited:
What do people see from Knicks to think that they can be a competitive playoff team? I sure as hell don't see it. Melo is great, but he still has no supporting cast around him.
yea they in terms of talent regressed yet ppl expect them to drastically improve.... dont get that one... hell the hawks will have a better season then them, esp with horford being healthy, hell i see the bobcats/hornets improving as well 

Last edited:
The Bulls and Heat are the established teams

The Wizards and the Raptors have some players who are only going to get better

The Knicks have a Prime Melo,a new system and some new pieces, so they could do something in the playoffs
i agree for the most part outside of the knicks... but lebron and the cavs are in a better position to win now then they were his first time around is what im saying, yet the expectation are less now then they were then. 

I dont think Phil Jackson has ever been associated with a loser

I don't see him starting now especially with a Prime Melo

Last edited:

hell hes pretty much always had a hof, top 50 player/players every job hes had. plus ownership that was willing to pretty much do any and everything to put together a winning team. Thats not exactly been dolan strong suit. 

Sup with the Celtics, did they make any moves this offseason and is Rondo finally returning, he is 28 I would like to see him have one mvp-like season in this dawn of pg's, imo he belongs in the pack(spare me the he is overrated talk)

Wonder if he still has Celtic pride, and if not where to, I do miss him, pp, and Garnett together

PJax is president of ALL basketball operations. There is no more dolan interference. He just signs the checks.

He'll have more power than he ever had before :pimp:

Last edited:

hell hes pretty much always had a hof, top 50 player/players every job hes had. plus ownership that was willing to pretty much do any and everything to put together a winning team. Thats not exactly been dolan strong suit. 

Yes he has

And Carmelo is a HOFer type player

Dude I just saw the Andrew Wiggins ESPN interview...

Damn, ESPN is a grimy network. Just taking advatage of the innocence of a 19 year old. :lol:

Where was Wiggins agent to tell him to advise him.

he is just one.... remember it was mj and pippen, kobe and shaq..... melo and.......... um

JR? :lol:
Seriously, they need another legit star next to Melo if they wanna be competitive. Knicks might make the playoff by default because East is in such a flux right now, but even if they do, they are not sniffing the second round with this current team.

Yes he has

he is just one.... remember it was mj and pippen, kobe and shaq..... melo and.......... um

He won games with just one HOFer

Think Kobe or Pippen

He just wasnt winning championships

The East is still relatively weak

The Knicks won 37 games last year in chaos

I think Phil's presence guarantees 45 wins

Last edited:
Yes he has

You see thats our problem, a good one honestly. No Knick fan expects this thing to be done this year.

We have our PG, we have our superstar, now 2015 is where we add pieces. Ideally we want Gasol, but we dont need a star exactly. Just strong pieces. Easier to add pieces when you already have a star and a PG.

PJax helped Scottie open up and turn into the player he was. He also turned Kobe into the player he needed to be to win with and without Shaq and lead LA to a chip in his first year (2nd year with Bulls).

The opportunity is there.

Last edited:
You see thats our problem, a good one honestly. No Knick fan expects this thing to be done this year.

We have our PG, we have our superstar, now 2015 is where we add pieces. Ideally we want Gasol, but we dont need a star exactly. Just strong pieces. Easier to add pieces when you already have a star and a PG.

PJax helped Scottie open up and turn into the player he was. He also turned Kobe into the player he needed to be to win with and without Shaq and lead LA to a chip in his first year (2nd year with Bulls).

Is your PG Calderon? I wouldn't really count on him to lead the team though...

Yup

You got me bro I'm hating on Lebron after he's coming off two major injuries , I don't know why I tried to slide that one past you :lol:

Two different situation so until next time bro

I was more so talkin bout you referring to pent up hate after Kobe led his team to the finals which is pretty much the same as you having pent up hate built in after having to be quiet the last two years while Bron was hoisting up trophies.

I guess in a rush to call me out you neglected to realize you're proving my point.

Dont you think that viewpoint put me in a position to see it from both sides ?

I'm not calling em hypocrites but in fact telling people to let the Kobe haters flourish because they've been waiting years for this moment again so talking to them is a moot point :lol:

It's like going in the Bron Hate thread and speaking objectively, won't work because dudes ain't trying to hear it.

I honestly didnt think Caldo was the long term answer at PG, but it seems like he is. Warming up to the idea of him flourishing in the triangle.

He's a borderline 50-40-90 player and makes smart decisions. Although terrible defensively, i trust his decision making. By far the smartest PG we had in maybe the last 15 years :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
You see thats our problem, a good one honestly. We have our PG, we have our superstar, now 2015 is where we add pieces. Ideally we want Gasol, but we dont need a star exactly. Just strong pieces. Easier to add pieces when you already have a star and a PG.

hell they need to basically clean house.... they cant continue with this team... they pretty much need to start from scratch and rebuild in a sense. get amare off the books, id say get rid of jr while he still worth something... keep shumpert and hardaway jr and calederon and aldrich and early and pretty much everyone else could go... have a damn fire sale... i might would keep dalembert just cause lack of bigs in the league and the lack of bigs on the knicks.. 

Cause honestly i just dont see any free agents coming and next years class isnt exactly the strongest. the best will be rubio/rondo and walker and i dont think any of them with the exception of rondo would make a huge impact for the knicks. 

I don't believe Calderon is the long term pg here at all. Just serviceable for the triangle for now.

Not in love with anybody's game on this roster at the moment.

Funny thing is the players you mentioned will be the only players on the roster after this year. Maybe outside of shump. 2015 really is THAT year where we dump our crap and reload. I made a list of FA that I think we can get in our thread....

2015 FA I'd be interested in and we have a realistic shot at.....

[COLOR=#red]PG:[/COLOR]
Goran Dragic
Reggie Jackson (R)
Rubio (R)
Rondo

[COLOR=#red]SG:[/COLOR]
Aaron Afflalo
Marco Belleneli
Danny Green
Wes Matthews
Klay Thompson (R)

[COLOR=#red]SF: [/COLOR]