2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this off season acquisition talk but short of Melo joining the Bulls, no team has made any strides that should be able to stop San Antonio. However adding Hawes as an extra big man (considering their best big off the bench was Glen Davis) is arguably the best improvement of the off season.

I hope Bosh goes to Houston I really think he'd be the missing piece

Because nobody cares about the spurs, except their fans.

Thank you

I'm saying tho y'all don't love the game? Or do you just love 2K and individual players/home team , the Spurs played AMAZING. Like I'm not even a fan of them but that was an amazing display. I was at work today thinking damn they REALLY dominated in the Finals. Best team ball I've ever seen in my life the way they past and knocked down the long ball/penetrated at will

Has this been posted :

http://www.legionreport.com/2014/07/05/source-confirms-lebron-james-is-coming-back-to-cleveland/

Take it with a grain of salt, Congrats Cleveland. 

not srs
Wonder if the source was Animal Thug's or henzo's?
nerd.gif

They actually have a lot to trade, and a lot of teams would be interested. Our bias as fans and needing to SEE productivity in points and PER sometimes leaves is thinking player A B or C isn't worth a dime.

Hibbert 15>Perkins 9

What do they have to trade and how could they make salaries match

It'd never fit within the cap, they'd have to take the L on the tax. They could trade Thabo and Perkins but only Perkins would help towards the 15. Although I think it would benefit Indy with a Perk next to West and a Thabo off the bench, I don't know how they'd clear the other 6, it'd mean giving up too much because after KD 19 Westbrook 16 Serge 12 Perk 9, the rest of the team is all 2mill and below.

It'd never fit within the cap, they'd have to take the L on the tax. They could trade Thabo and Perkins but only Perkins would help towards the 15. Although I think it would benefit Indy with a Perk next to West and a Thabo off the bench, I don't know how they'd clear the other 6, it'd mean giving up too much because after KD 19 Westbrook 16 Serge 12 Perk 9, the rest of the team is all 2mill and below.
So you're admitting it's not realistic with the cap. OK. Now another problem with your scenario is that Thabo signed with the Hawks. So while whatever you were saying about fans and their bias or whatever you were trying to say, sometimes folks also tend to forget that real life isn't NBA 2K. You can't just make trades without considering the cap

Why aren't we discussing more how the Spurs DRUMMED on the Heat during the Finals????

Because nobody cares about the spurs, except their fans.

Thank you

I'm saying tho y'all don't love the game? Or do you just love 2K and individual players/home team , the Spurs played AMAZING. Like I'm not even a fan of them but that was an amazing display. I was at work today thinking damn they REALLY dominated in the Finals. Best team ball I've ever seen in my life the way they past and knocked down the long ball/penetrated at will
I still talk about the Finals almost daily, I was in a sports memorabilia store yesterday talking about the Finals.

Went to go visit family for the 4th in Florida and they're all "Miami fans" walked into the house with my Spurs shirt on with a smirk on my face.

I was down there last year during the finals and did the same thing.

So you're admitting it's not realistic with the cap. OK. Now another problem with your scenario is that Thabo signed with the Hawks. So while whatever you were saying about fans and their bias or whatever you were trying to say, sometimes folks also tend to forget that real life isn't NBA 2K. You can't just make trades without considering the cap

Well first off, I was only stating I'd take him in OKC for 15.
As far as Thabo I'm glad to see him land, the bias I spoke of made it sound as if he'd played his last day in the NBA.
I'm not debating or trying to prove how Thinder could or couldn't acquire him, so let's stop there for the sake of better topics to discuss

Not impressed with what the Spurs did this year because they actually had the Heat figured out last year. It took for a gut wrenching finals loss in 7 for the spurs to stop playing lazy basketball they would play down the stretch sometimes. They rammed it down the Heat's throat.

:smh: had the spurs in 5 last year and lost $300, I'm disgusted

But yea Hibbert is definitely unrealistic in the cap. No prominent additions are in the cap for the Thunder this year if I'm being completely honest with myself.
Pau, lol, yea right. It was fun to HOPE though,
He'll be in NY with Melo, I think.

Thunder will be one step short again next year

Last edited:
Not impressed with what the Spurs did this year because they actually had the Heat figured out last year. It took for a gut wrenching finals loss in 7 for the spurs to stop playing lazy basketball they would play down the stretch sometimes. They rammed it down the Heat's throat.

mean.gif
had the spurs in 5 last year and lost $300, I'm disgusted
I remember you had numerous posts implying the league wouldn't let Miami lose this year.

Not impressed with your basketball opinion and predictions.

Last edited:
Also I don't know if it was intended or not but it seems that to keep great teams together teams are going to have to dip into luxury tax & possibly repeater tax offender territory (which pretty much all owners do not want to pay) so in order to keeps costs down top dollar guys are encouraged to take less so teams can be built. Hence owners not having to pay superstars their fair value to a certain team. If true then I think it's a shrewd ploy by owners.

You guys are not paying attention it's not about being pro owner. When I asked this question y'all said this was the new wave & the future of the NBA.

Y'all ate up the narrative being put out there and wasn't really paying attention to what was really going on. The players are being baited into taking less.

Dude, the entire lockout was to get players to take less. We all knew that. We all wanted the players to get more, you were supporting the owners the whole way.

Yes I supported a 50/50 split and I also supported players earning every dollar they deserve under whatever deal they agreed to. 2nd & 3rd tier players SHOULD take less, superstars & absolute max players shouldn't. There's only about 25 of those guys who deserve to get that and the message being put out is that they should take less when owners themselves agreed to this deal. If players are smart enough to take control of their careers from a winning standpoint they'd call the owners out and force them to pay taxes to keep a good team together.

But nah they should keep taking less so owners can use this against them in the next cba meetings to force max salaries to drop even further. Or so you say?

The spurs figured out the heat last year?

Last edited:
You supported 50/50 which is a poor stance.

And I didn't say all players SHOULD take less, I said it's happening, as witnessed by Heat and Spurs, now Dirk. Guys are taking less, its a growing trend I pointed out. I didn't say it should be that way, just how it is nowadays.

And who determines who should get full maxes? Who says who the 25 are? What if Harden can't get max on Thunder, but clearly deserves elsewhere? You'd have teammates literally fighting for the ball to "earn" that contract. Why should a team that drafts well, have to let a "max" guy go to another team because they already have 2-3 other max guys they drafted?????

I remember you had numerous posts implying the league wouldn't let Miami lose this year.

:rolleyes you had the spurs winning it this year?

The spurs figured out the heat last year?

Yes. That game 1 win was nice but I was convinced after game 5 that the spurs had the meanest poker face ever. Game 6 and 7 was just....random :smh:

Yea game six was lost by kawhi messing up,i'm glad he put failure behind him and stepped up this year

:lol: people don't forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom