2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

they got a bunch of softies, where is their identity?

jj starting should be a problem, when your starting two cant create or dribble

cp3, blake and dj isnt a big 3
JJ starting isn't a problem. He doesn't need to be able to create or dribble when CP and BG occupy most of the time with the ball. Not to mention he's a pretty okay facilitator and playmaker. He's not Danny Green on offense. Unfortunately, he isn't danny green on defense which is a problem.
and we've seen what happened when cp3/blake dominate the ball.  thats why jamal is so important when he comes in the game because he can create his own shot and dribble/attract defenders to open up blake/cp3.  jj doesnt give you that dimension/threat starting the game, so defenses can lock in on blake/cp3 w/o a double team.

People still think you need to stop flopping even though Manu, Parker, and Patty Mills weren't playing major minutes for a team that just won a championship.

Last edited:
So when they win, are they winning because he's there or winning despite him?

Neither, I think them getting over the hump will have everything to do with Blake's continued rise and assumption of more leadership and DJ's development than anything CP0 does. I mean he's in his 10th season now, and 28 he is what he is.

You guys make me giggle.

Could be a tactical advantage, sure. Cp3 does it on another level tho and the most dumbest way.

How's that working for him now?

Chicago has a lot of moves to make before they can sign Carmelo. A big reason why it might not happen. They risk getting rid of a bunch of players and get nothing back if Carmelo doesn't go there.

I believe melo said he would first give a verbal agreement

So when they win, are they winning because he's there or winning despite him?

Neither, I think them getting over the hump will have everything to do with Blake's continued rise and assumption of more leadership and DJ's development than anything CP0 does. I mean he's in his 10th season now, and 28 he is what he is.

And what he is, is one of the best players in the league. :lol:

So many options for Frye... Warriors, Heat... Spurs or Clippers?
sick.gif

and we've seen what happened when cp3/blake dominate the ball.  thats why jamal is so important when he comes in the game because he can create his own shot and dribble/attract defenders to open up blake/cp3.  jj doesnt give you that dimension/threat starting the game, so defenses can lock in on blake/cp3 w/o a double team.

Says JJ doesn't give you that dimension / threat starting the game, and yet JJ is one of the best 1st quarter players in the league.

What?

Man JJ is perfect to play along side CP3 and Blake. He's a deadeye shooter who can create a bit catching the ball off pin downs. He's also very good playing pick and roll basketball, but that's not needed here with CP3 and Blake using the ball mostly.

What are you talking about :lol: :lol:

Says JJ doesn't give you that dimension / threat starting the game, and yet JJ is one of the best 1st quarter players in the league.

What?

Man JJ is perfect to play along side CP3 and Blake. He's a deadeye shooter who can create a bit catching the ball off pin downs. He's also very good playing pick and roll basketball, but that's not needed here with CP3 and Blake using the ball mostly.

What are you talking about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
first quarter or only quarter?

im not sayin he doesnt have his uses, im saying he doesnt belong in the starting lineup; if the goal is a championship and not to just have a good first quarter 
grin.gif

im not sayin he doesnt have his uses, im saying he doesnt belong in the starting lineup; if the goal is a championship and not to just have a good first quarter >D

You don't get it. If CP3 and BG are in the starting 5, why in the world would you "need" another player who has to have the ball in order to be effective?

JJ's best asset is that he is very good moving without the ball. Thats a borderline perfect fit for CP3 and BG. The issue with JJ is whether or not he can defend his position in moments of crisis. I personally wish he could because then you would see him on the floor more so than crawford down the stretch and Crawford, while very good takes some horrendous shots in situations where the ball could be in BG's hands instead.

Obviously JJ tails off after the first quarter, but at the end of the day You said he doesn't need to be starting and he's one of the best starting two's in the league relative to the team he plays for.

Bottomline, JJ starting may be the problem, but it has nothing to do with what he brings to the table offensively.

im not sayin he doesnt have his uses, im saying he doesnt belong in the starting lineup; if the goal is a championship and not to just have a good first quarter 
grin.gif
You don't get it. If CP3 and BG are in the starting 5, why in the world would you "need" another player who has to have the ball in order to be effective?

JJ's best asset is that he is very good moving without the ball. Thats a borderline perfect fit for CP3 and BG. The issue with JJ is whether or not he can defend his position in moments of crisis. I personally wish he could because then you would see him on the floor more so than crawford down the stretch and Crawford, while very good takes some horrendous shots in situations where the ball could be in BG's hands instead.

Obviously JJ tails off after the first quarter, but at the end of the day You said he doesn't need to be starting and he's one of the best starting two's in the league relative to the team he plays for.

Bottomline, JJ starting may be the problem, but it has nothing to do with what he brings to the table offensively.
so out of a starting lineup of Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Matt Barnes, JJ Redick, and Chris Paul, a 2 that can create/dribble and open up the floor wouldnt be an improvement over JJ?  only 2 of those players are threats to score

like i said, the goal isnt to "be effective" its to win a championship.  jj can play, and he is an asset to this team, but starting the game only sets up the clips to fail.  he can even get starter minutes ala ginobili, but kinda like how sefolosha holds back OKC a little bit, redick starting is the same problem.

i dont see how a more versatile and multidimensional 2 cant improve over their team over JJ.

adding a 2 to create his own shot in the starting lineup isn't bad, but to do it you're probably downgrading your bench to afford it, and taking the ball out of BG and cp3's hands. JJ redick is a solid player who always ends up in the right place, he's great for ball movement, and helps their offense flow

so out of a starting lineup of Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Matt Barnes, JJ Redick, and Chris Paul, a 2 that can create/dribble and open up the floor wouldnt be an improvement over JJ?  only 2 of those players are threats to score

like i said, the goal isnt to "be effective" its to win a championship.  jj can play, and he is an asset to this team, but starting the game only sets up the clips to fail.  he can even get starter minutes ala ginobili, but kinda like how sefolosha holds back OKC a little bit, redick starting is the same problem.

i dont see how a more versatile and multidimensional 2 cant improve over their team over JJ.

A "more versatile and multidimensional 2" takes the ball out of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin's hands. Your also downplaying the fact that JJ isn't just a one dimensional offensive player. The Clippers starting 5 has 3 players that can play with the basketball, and Matt Barnes albeit unreliable, showed that he has the capacity to be a knockdown shooter / slasher type still, despite his age. They really don't have much holes on the offensive side of the ball with JJ in the starting lineup.

The fact that you compared JJ Reddick starting to Thabo starting legit tells me all I need to know though tbh soooo you win :lol:

adding a 2 to create his own shot in the starting lineup isn't bad, but to do it you're probably downgrading your bench to afford it, and taking the ball out of BG and cp3's hands. JJ redick is a solid player who always ends up in the right place, he's great for ball movement, and helps their offense flow

It can definitely help, but realistically, who can the clippers get as as a "multi dimensional two" that 1) They can afford and 2) Doesn't take the ball out of CP and BG's hands. JJ Reddick, given the fact that the Clippers already have two top 3 players for their position in the starting five, is as good as you're going to get there. The Clips are actually very fortunate to get a 2 guard as good as JJ to go along with CP and BG.

i thought jj and sefo was a pretty fair comparison 
ohwell.gif

their both asked mainly to be 3-D guys right?

pretty much play the same role on both teams?

i mean are the clips looking to JJ to do anything more than sefolosha?

i thought jj and sefo was a pretty fair comparison :\

no. thabo is asked to be a 3-D guy, but lately he can't hit a 3 and he can't defend.

JJ redick is a floor spacer on offense, and helps the offense move because of his movement. very good off the ball, and knows where to be to get open looks.

i thought jj and sefo was a pretty fair comparison :\

See, I get it now. It's really not a fair comparison at all I mean, did you not see How Thabo played this year ? And it was obvious watching the Clips that they asked and got a lot more from JJ than Thabo. They actually run plays for JJ Reddick. This comparison was just bad all around IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom