2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Can't ask for anything more from Kuroda. It's hard to win games when you can only manage 1 run.

Here's a fun stat

Jeter currently ranks last in the majors in isolated power, a stat that measures a hitter's ability to garner extra bases on his hits (in other words, hit doubles, triples and home runs)

Please move him to 6th in the lineup and let Jacoby & Gadner hit together 1 & 2 whatever order.

Should be
1- Ellsbury or Gardner
2- Gardner or Ellsbury
3 - Beltran
4 - Tex
5- McCann
6 - Jeter
7 - Solarte
8 - Soriano / Ichiro
9 - Roberts

Or if you want more L/R disparity... Move Sori all the way up to third, and let him see pitches with runners on.. Where the pitcher has to throw to him. Try to break him out of his slump.

Last edited:
Come on now you know Giradi isn't about to move Jeter all the way down 6. We're just going to have to ride this out

I hate this *** kissing that's going on. He's not producing at all on offense and he needs to be moved down period.

Come on now you know Giradi isn't about to move Jeter all the way down 6. We're just going to have to ride this out

We know they won't. But that Doesn't matter. Not only is he not producing. He's negatively impacting everyone else in the lineup. Most specifically Ellsbury.

McCann needs to move down like way down in the lineup

Solarte should bat 5th

Still need a legit backup 1B

They have horrific contact rates up and down that lineup. I don't think moving around the order is gonna do that much. Guys need to be removed altogether. Soriano should not be in the lineup against RHP's. They should have platooned Soriano/Ichiro weeks ago. Between the atrociousness of Roberts, Ryan and Jeter I still believe Drew ending up back in Boston was a mistake.

How are our prospects doing? Are guys still battling injury?

And hopefully Nuno helps us get this split tonight! Let's get back above .500

Last edited:
Game postponed..so I guess tanaka will not face his old teammate tomorrow night

Ken Singleton >>>>> Michael Kay

I know y'all heard this clown the other day calling pop a jackass and a punk

I really am a fan of the crew we have for our commentary team. Varying from Singleton, to Cone, Leiter, O'Neill, and Flaherty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom