2014 NIKE FREE 5.0 & FLYKNIT FREE 4/1/14

Hello, i've just bought the 5.0 2015 but i'm just hearing now its the same as the 2014's model.
I'm a casual runner, i never used one of the nike free's before, i run like 7km 2 times per week.
I just saw the reviews at the 5.0 2014 i really like them for casual wear at school but, they weren't really that good for running i saw bad reviews from the experts.. (from runrepeat.com a 3,9)
they didn't give a review about the 2015 yet.. but the 4.0 scores a 4.4 
Should the 2015's gives a higher review?
What u guys recommend me, 4.0, 5.0 2015, or the free run 2(which i thought is good too) for just running..

It really depends on the person wearing them. Some stores like Road Runner Sports have a policy that allows you to swap out shoes after running in them. Personally, I take shoe reviews with a grain of salt because every runner has different preferences and runs differently. For me, I loved the Free 5.0 from 2014. I think it's the best 5.0 sole to date. I can't speak for the 4.0s, but I'll admit they do look good for casual wear. After running in the 5.0 (2014), the FR2s seem like more of a casual wear shoe to me, and I ran a 1:37 for Half Marathon in a pair once.

Neutral cws via IG

I'm SOLD on the left shoe. I think the right shoe is the BW cw with the Black Swoosh?
So ready for these, but I think that's the same Black/White colorway that we've been seeing, not the black swoosh pair.

Last edited:
It really depends on the person wearing them. Some stores like Road Runner Sports have a policy that allows you to swap out shoes after running in them. Personally, I take shoe reviews with a grain of salt because every runner has different preferences and runs differently. For me, I loved the Free 5.0 from 2014. I think it's the best 5.0 sole to date. I can't speak for the 4.0s, but I'll admit they do look good for casual wear. After running in the 5.0 (2014), the FR2s seem like more of a casual wear shoe to me, and I ran a 1:37 for Half Marathon in a pair once.

Thanks[emoji]128077[/emoji]

Got these in today. Forgot how frees feel after wearing lunar and roshes so much lately :wow:
How do they feel compared to the 4.0 flyknit? Does the knit upper fit as snug as those do cause i wasn't a fan of how the v2 4.0 felt around my pinky area but I can't remember the last time I tried on a 5.0 sole.

How're you liking it? Comfort-wise and style?
It was pretty nasty out all day today so I just put them on to size check. They fit pretty TTS for my in my typical Nike 10, but a 9.5 would probably have worked too, just snug. The sole is a typical free so nothing that should surprise you there, just not much cushioning compared to a lunar. They are kind of stiff and thick but I'm not a runner so I cannot comment on how they'd fare in that regard, but for casual wear they should be fine. I don't wear any of my shoes daily so it doesn't really matter to me. 

Style wise I love the weave on both. The pink ones have tons of depth on them. At first I though the Lava's were a tad flat, but when I got them outside they looked fantastic in some natural light, I think I'll hold on to both pairs. I originally bought both planning on only keeping one, but you know how it goes.

Last edited:

How do they feel compared to the 4.0 flyknit? Does the knit upper fit as snug as those do cause i wasn't a fan of how the v2 4.0 felt around my pinky area but I can't remember the last time I tried on a 5.0 sole.
I don't have any 4.0 flyknits sorry. only other frees I have are the 2's and a two pairs of ID's from a few years back. I believe one has a 3.0 and the other a 5.0. The only ones I've actually ran in were the 3.0s. The rest were more or less casual shoes.

I have the nike free 5.0 2015 since today but my biggest toe just doesnt likely fit in it.. its like my biggest toe is to big?? does anyone here had a problem like that too? Do i have to just walk them in?
The store is a long way out from here thats why im asking here

Last edited:
I got the the hot lava nsw's in yesterday. I agree with what many people have said, they definitely run a little bigger than most frees. The best way that I can describe the fit is that they seem about the same sizing wise as the original unpadded flyknit trainers. I got both my usual Nike size 10 as well as a 9.5. They both seem like they would be fine to wear, but I'll probably keep the 9.5 as I have narrow feet and the 10 is definitely wider than I need. Length wise, there isn't a big difference.

Hoping the NSWs get a widespread release at some point, not trying to drop the $150 on Nike

Last edited:
Swoosh acc + clearance sale = Steal!
Was able to cop for $48
smokin.gif
you shoulda helped some NTers out.

Hoping the NSWs get a widespread release at some point, not trying to drop the $150 on Nike
There still gonna retail for 150 though, you might get lucky and have a promo for like 10 bucks off or something lol but if your expecting to get them for less than 120 or so thats only gonna happen if people keep sleeping on them and Nike decided to throw them on sale. That may be the case with these orginial 3 but i promise you when the more neutral colors start to drop people are gonna eat them up. 

There still gonna retail for 150 though, you might get lucky and have a promo for like 10 bucks off or something lol but if your expecting to get them for less than 120 or so thats only gonna happen if people keep sleeping on them and Nike decided to throw them on sale. That may be the case with these orginial 3 but i promise you when the more neutral colors start to drop people are gonna eat them up. 

I'd like to throw a few FNL winners circle rewards/coups on them. I'd be cool after 40 off

Back
Top Bottom