2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question I want to ask you guys...

Was Kobe dropping 60 "impressive"...? As in did it speak "volumes" about his game?

In an argument with some fellas at work who are saying that's why he's the GOAT, that game speaks volumes etc. etc. 

...my argument is if you give A LOT of dudes 50 shots in a game, they're gonna drop a high number. Great for Kobe to go out that way, but I don't think it's like we saw one of the best (maybe most memorable) performances in the last ten years.

I don't know how "impressed" I was, but it was an amazing way for him to go out. Just fitting. Legendary player, top-5 Laker, and this was the cherry on top of the ice cream to cap off an obvious HOF career.

Putting up 50 shots isn't easy and a lot of them were contested/difficult, but it was Kobe's night.

The salt levels are extremely high
laugh.gif

Basketball wise which is all I care about, Nobody did it like MJ and Kobe. That killer instinct cannot be faked. Either you have it or you don't. Steph has that same killer in him too. Dudes just wired differently than the majority of the league.
Would have to agree with this. That cold blooded assassin steez
pimp.gif

I wish ex-Lakers that are active players were excused last night to go to Staples. it would have been great to see Kobe hug it out with Pau, Ariza, Machine, etc.

Well at least Pau since he didn't have anything to play for.

Last edited:
[quote name="Freeze"]
13015132_10156864180300341_7155117552313592880_n.jpg
[/quote]He said in his postgame presser "They were pouring champagne on me and I was like 'Champagne is for championships.'"

Yeah, it looks like they are pouring champagne on you to me. :lol:

So fake and contrived. :lol:

Serious question I want to ask you guys...

Was Kobe dropping 60 "impressive"...? As in did it speak "volumes" about his game?

In an argument with some fellas at work who are saying that's why he's the GOAT, that game speaks volumes etc. etc. 

...my argument is if you give A LOT of dudes 50 shots in a game, they're gonna drop a high number. Great for Kobe to go out that way, but I don't think it's like we saw one of the best (maybe most memorable) performances in the last ten years.

I don't know how "impressed" I was, but it was an amazing way for him to go out. Just fitting. Legendary player, top-5 Laker, and this was the cherry on top of the ice cream to cap off an obvious HOF career.

Putting up 50 shots isn't easy and a lot of them were contested/difficult, but it was Kobe's night.

Honestly, Kobe's final minutes when he got hot was more impressive than his first 40 minutes. He was try hard with the scoring and he had help from the refs and the pity Jazz defense.

[quote name="TVobach"]Serious question I want to ask you guys...

Was Kobe dropping 60 "impressive"...?[/quote]No. :lol:

[quote name="TVobach"]...my argument is if you give A LOT of dudes 50 shots in a game, they're gonna drop a high number.[/quote]Exactly.

Yes, Kobe's final few minutes were great. I agree.

However, how are you guys saying getting 50 shots in a game is tough to do? C'mon now.

...also, for comparison's sake...if Steph would've shot 50 times last night, he would've scored 94 points.

Last edited:
If Jazz wanted to stop him from scoring 60 they would've. They didn't even try.

did you watch the game? Dudes were playing him well beyond the 3 pt line and you have some even double teaming him

I was flipping back and forth between Dubs and Lakers. What I saw was mostly single coverage. And whenever I saw double teams they would come late. It was pitiful defense.

Last edited:
I wish ex-Lakers that are active players were excused last night to go to Staples. it would have been great to see Kobe hug it out with Pau, Ariza, Machine, etc.

Well at least Pau since he didn't have anything to play for.
I can't believe this didn't happen. I thought that to myself while I was watching.

FYI: The Jazz have been terrible on defense in the clutch this year.

And that's with Gobert and Favors. So imagine what the defense looks like without both of them.

i dont care how many shots he took, he made them down the stretch. hell of a game.. steph breaking 400 was dope especially since they cut to sonya :evil:

after last night, im gonna need these next couple days off from the NBA

View media item 1994197

Yeah, I agree with this. I guess what I'd say was "impressive" about it was that Kobe gave his fans exactly what they wanted. They didn't care how many shoots it took - they just wanted to see one last big performance from the Mamba and he gave that to them and more. This game was really about Kobe's fans and it went perfectly for them. Happy for them (or at least for the ones who aren't *****). This last week especially has proven how much Kobe meant to some people and that they're going to miss him a bunch. Now they can remember their hero going out the way he came in.

But in terms of all-time-great individual game performances, no, it shouldn't be that high on the list. Because of all the shots it took for him to get 60 and because it came against a team that had nothing to play for and, considering how their season ended, probably couldn't wait for the game to be over.

Again, though, it was the Mamba show that everyone in that building wanted, so it was impressive for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom