2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Myrie this series, well pr5kor to last night, shoots a much higher % off passes from LeBron than without

Backcourt of Mo Williams and Delonte west was to undersized. One of them boys should have been a 6th man. 6'1" and 6'3" respectively? That was a puny backcourt. Each probably weighed 190lbs, soaked and wet. Lol

LeBron got JR to a) play defense and b) care, which is pretty insane in itself

Could you imagine if they were together like 6-7 years ago.

Last edited:
Backcourt of Mo Williams and Delonte west was to undersized. One of them boys should have been a 6th man. 6'1" and 6'3" respectively? That was a puny backcourt. Each probably weighed 190lbs, soaked and wet. Lol
Delonte West came off the bench. Mo Williams shared the backcourt with Anthony Parker. Or someone else. I think it was AP tho.

Last edited:
Well, isn't winning with guys who haven't won the best thing you can do to make them better?

Of course the total numbers for guys don't go up, he's too much of the focal point of any offense for that. Efficiency does, though:

Battier
Chalmers
Cole
Bosh
Wade
Chris Andersen
Joel Anthony
Delonte West
Mo Williams
Daniel Gibson
Sasha Pavlovic
Drew Gooden
Kyrie
Delly
Mozgov
Tristan

...guards on that list shot the best from 3% of their career in a year played with him, bigs best 2 FG% year of their career with him.

He also has caught most of his teammates at the tail end of their primes, or careers. The list of guys who LeBron has left and then thrived without him is probably zero.
However, I dont feel like it is an incredible example because that is the only part of his game that really improved playing with Bron.
Sorry, but this is crazy. What exactly are you looking for in a basketball player to improve another other than getting them (more) open shots and more room to operate?
Bottom line is, in that list that you made, it is not indisputable that ANY of those players played their absolute best basketball of their careers when playing with Bron.  You claim that all guards on that list shot the best 3% of their careers playing with Bron.  I was going to take your word for it, then I decided to look at a couple of them.  I arbitrarily chose Delonte, Wade and Kyrie....and your statement is categorically false with 2 or those 3 players. I am not going to sit there and go through the entire list, but if you are making claims and presenting them as cold hard facts, you really should be correct.

As far as the last part goes, I said that Chalmers is one that you can make the argument for.  You are right, I was downplaying the 5% shooting percentage increase because his counting numbers were down across the board from his career highs.  I withdraw that statement.  One could definitely argue Chalmers played the best ball of his career with Bron.

Delonte West came off the bench. Mo Williams shared the backcourt with Anthony Parker. Or someone else. I think it was AP tho.

Delonte West Started for a year and a half. Started like 80 games over 07-09. He only came off the bench in 2010. Then, he got traded. He more games, than he came off the bench, in.

Wade is an outlier that I didn't bother to differentiate, not trying to count him as a 3pt shooter. But his FG% was by the far best of his career and his 4 highest FG%'s out of a 13 year career came in the LeBron years.

Delonte didn't shoot 40% in 2009? That was his best season shooting from 3.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westde01.html

Kyrie didn't shoot 42% in 2015? That was his best season shooting from 3.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/irvinky01.html

What did I make up?

As far as the last part goes, I said that Chalmers is one that you can make the argument for. You are right, I was downplaying the 5% shooting percentage increase because his counting numbers were down across the board from his career highs. I withdraw that statement. One could definitely argue Chalmers played the best ball of his career with Bron.

But what other things aside from creating looks and creating more space are you looking for in an individual improving another individual's game?

Last edited:
My guy AD grew the beard out, I need 28/12/3/2/3 on 50% shooting and he gotta play in 70 games.

You mean to tell me he could grow a proper beard this entire time and still went with that stupid chinstrap? 
He mighta got that surgery when the season ended.
laugh.gif
There's surgery for beards? 
nerd.gif

^Love that commerical. 

Stu's chase down block on that kid always gets me. 
laugh.gif

So james harden and russ not playing in the olympics

Lebron wont either

Damn who is gonna play :lol: love it like this though hopefully it makes it more competitive

So james harden and russ not playing in the olympics

Lebron wont either

Damn who is gonna play
laugh.gif
love it like this though hopefully it makes it more competitive
Interesting in seeing who fills out this roster and how they actually mesh as a team.

Real talk they should just send the Select Team + whichever really young guys wanna play like Drummond/Dame/CJ/Klay/Boogie/Hayward.

That would be so much more fun than seeing the usual squad. The experience going up against all the veteran teams would be great for the young players too,

With a couple of leaders they could still win the Gold and build the grassroots program even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom