2015 52 Week Money Challenge

I'm doing the weekly challenge but my goal is to put at least $250 a week. I'm @ $550 after 2 weeks thus far.

been on track so far, had to transfer week 4 into my account early though yesterday just due to technicalities with the way my checking/saving accounts are set up...yup...

but where are you guys storing your money, any high interest-yielding accounts you guys know of? I was looking into that barclays dream account for the money I'm using with this challenge. Also I think I'll amend the way I do this, after week 26 of declining I'll start going back up.

So I started with $104(also doubling money), then $102, $100, then get down to $52 at week 26. At that point I'll turn around & add $54, then $56 & work back up to $104 by the end of the year. I never heard anyone mentioning that, figured I'd share my idea

been on track so far, had to transfer week 4 into my account early though yesterday just due to technicalities with the way my checking/saving accounts are set up...yup...

but where are you guys storing your money, any high interest-yielding accounts you guys know of? I was looking into that barclays dream account for the money I'm using with this challenge. Also I think I'll amend the way I do this, after week 26 of declining I'll start going back up.

So I started with $104(also doubling money), then $102, $100, then get down to $52 at week 26. At that point I'll turn around & add $54, then $56 & work back up to $104 by the end of the year. I never heard anyone mentioning that, figured I'd share my idea
I am actually storing the money at home which probably isn't the best place but since I don't like carrying cash it makes it easier for me to save it.

btw week 4 completed.

Week 4 completed

$49 deposited
Total saved: $202

Last edited:
I did this challenge when it was first posted and the hardest part was making the transfers every week. So i just opted to trasfer 50 every week. Worked out great. This year im transferring a 1,000 every month...
Shoutouts to whoever started the first thread

In for this. trying to decide whether or not to go backwards, or to go with a solid 40-50 per week.

Got a late start... Threw a $20 in.

Also, I got started using an app that automatically rounds up to the nearest dollar and puts it into a investing portfolio.

Using the app to the do the transfer thing too.. :pimp:

Will be depositing money biweekly, too much of a hassle to do so every week

Week 6 completed !!! Sheesh.... adding a "0" is harder than I thought... I could only imagine when week 20 and beyond rolls through :\ ......Might need to downgrade my lifestyle and bum around for a few weeks :lol:

View media item 1385075

I been on it. Usually ahead a week or two. When I know I have the cash to put in, since I don't carry cash a lot.

Deposited a nice amount from my federal refund for Week 4. Most I've had in my savings account ever. It's not a crazy amount but it's a good start. Just gotta continue to keep building it up.

I have the regular barclays online banking account I really like it. Interface is easy and simple to use. You can set up the automatic withdrawal from your regular bank account, or can set up a direct deposit from your job.

Only reason why I didn't go with the dream account initially is because you can only deposit a max of 1K a month and that is just too low for me. Actually now that I'm thinking about it I might just open a dream account put the max 1K in and the rest in the regular online account. Still have a few questions about the 2.5% bonus is this applied every year?

Back
Top Bottom