Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep :lol: :smh:

Guilt put him 6 feet deep so I guess it was a parting gift for the happy valley cult

I wouldn't really call the ncaa cowards. The litigation would cost them so much money, it isn't worth it to fight against things we all know happened.

F that, I would've filed that lawsuit anyway

Everyone who played in those games know who won on the field, and people that didn't couldn't care less today anyway.

Not gonna reel in title-caliber quarterbacks yet.

Just lost a bunch of seniors (D.Cobb, Damien Wilson, two starting OL, Maxx to the NFL draft, etc.)

Considering that, it'd be highway robbery if they convinced a legitimate name that they're the missing piece, but if a potential incomer is not paying attention too closely the New Years Day bowl game would be able to carry some weight if it wasn't the one game on that day 48 states ignored. :lol:

Team is talented young and old and Kill's recruiting well, but offensive line might be an issue next year.

Last edited:
Even after Swoopes committed he still wanted to sign & compete. Mack Brown was truly mailing it in.

I can't speak specifically to that situation, but it is pretty well known that one of Mack's tools for luring in big recruits is promising not to recruit anyone behind them.

Those field level seats at Jerryworld have to be terrible. 100 percent chance you're watching the game on the screen.

1. Yes. If it'd come out earlier it would have caused similar disgust and fall out with parents and recruits. It would also have been a smear on the program that they didn't know it was happening. It was all about pride and for the image of the team that he ignored it.

2. PSU users commenting in their forums were like "Why didn't USC threaten to sue?!?!?!"

mean.gif
If you look at it from that point of view, those are valid points.

What I'm saying is Penn State didn't really gain a competitive advantage by their disgusting actions.

You can make a distinction with USC because they were providing benefits to Bush's family, which I'm assuming played some role in getting him to USC. If that's not accurate, correct be cause I'm not familiar with the fine details of it.
USC didn't provide any benefits to Bush. An NFL agent bought his parents an apartment and a car. 

Had nothing to do with USC. But the fact that they didn't know and stop him/report it is why they got the death penalty.

Compare that to every violation we've seen since...

1. Yes. If it'd come out earlier it would have caused similar disgust and fall out with parents and recruits. It would also have been a smear on the program that they didn't know it was happening. It was all about pride and for the image of the team that he ignored it.

2. PSU users commenting in their forums were like "Why didn't USC threaten to sue?!?!?!"

:smh:

If you look at it from that point of view, those are valid points.

What I'm saying is Penn State didn't really gain a competitive advantage by their disgusting actions.

You can make a distinction with USC because they were providing benefits to Bush's family, which I'm assuming played some role in getting him to USC. If that's not accurate, correct be cause I'm not familiar with the fine details of it.

USC didn't give Bush or his family benefits, it had nothing to do with him coming to USC, it had everything to do with him going to the NFL.

NCAA came down hard bc according to them he's a high profile player who demands more monitoring, there's a lack of institutional control, etc.

Todd McNair, the RB coach at the time, is currently suing the NCAA for defamation. The judge who looked over the investigation and read the emails has said the NCAA was "malicious" with how they went about it, and has ruled to unseal the emails.

Last edited:
[h1]  Miami to hang banners over upper deck end zone seats in 2016[/h1]
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...anners-over-upper-deck-end-zone-seats-in-2016
 There might have been a time (or two) over the last few months when Steve Spurrier wondered if the time had come to pull the shade on his Hall of Fame coaching career, but any reports of his coaching demise have been greatly exaggerated.
"It was a disappointing season for all of us, some dark days," Spurrier told ESPN.com. "But that's history now and away we go."

After three straight 11-win seasons, South Carolina dipped to 7-6 this season and lost four games in which the Gamecocks were either tied or led going into the fourth quarter. Spurrier, who will turn 70 in April, conceded that he contemplated hanging it up following the regular season. He even had a couple of conversations with South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner along those lines.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...a-gamecocks-says-got-four-five-years-left-him

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Penn State hockey will wear "409" stickers on helmets tonight. PSU bkb players wearing "409" T-shirts Sat. 

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Penn State hockey will wear "409" stickers on helmets tonight. PSU bkb players wearing "409" T-shirts Sat. 
So what happened to "this is about the victims?"

The NCAA's a joke.

Last edited:
[h1]Haden discusses sanctions and playoffs[/h1]
USC athletic director Pat Haden talked about the discussions between Penn State and the NCAA regarding sanction relief during a radio interview Friday morning

The NCAA has announced a proposed agreement that would restore wins that had been vacated as part of the Jerry Sandusky scandal and Haden was asked if he thought USC deserved a similar reconsideration in punishment related to the Reggie Bush case.

“Well, it’s too late,” Haden said on The Beast 980. “We’re back to no scholarship limitations at all. I can tell you…over the last four and a half years I have been back there (to the NCAA) asking for a look at our penalties at least three times and have been rebuffed.”

The 2014 football season marked the final piece of the penalties in the Bush case when the USC roster was limited to a maximum of 75 players. There had also been a two-year bowl ban and a reduction of 30 total scholarships over a three-year period, along with the vacating of wins, a national championship and one Heisman Trophy.

There has long been an outrage from USC fans who have watched as other college programs commit infractions that receive comparably lighter penalties, and the recent developments with Penn State have brought those frustrations to an even higher level.

“At this point, I know USC fans and I feel this way too, when we see other programs around the country get relief or less penalty than we received, you feel abused and upset,” Haden said.

“I’ve said many, many times that I thought the sanctions were much too harsh for the crime that was committed but we’re finally past the sanctions, things are looking up and I’m encouraged with where we’re headed. Right now at this point we need to worry about USC.”

I wonder if Penn State athletic programs will wear JS patches next year for Jerry? They obviously put Joe and his legacy above everything. Might as well rep hard for Jerry too. They couldn't care less about the victims.

I wonder if Penn State athletic programs will wear JS patches next year for Jerry? They obviously put Joe and his legacy above everything. Might as well rep hard for Jerry too. They couldn't care less about the victims.
too far

Too far? Their other sports teams are wearing Joe Paterno helmet stickers :lol:  
how is honoring the coach the same as a child sex offender?
I get paterno did wrong but seriously

I wish they just stopped fighting back in 2011 when it was uncovered

^ The coach was directly complicit in the cover up. He was an accomplice. Kids were assaulted AFTER he found out because he didn't do anything.

You don't see how the school honoring him and thumbing their nose at all the people who criticized him and the other administrators is an insult to the victims and any person who cares about this situation?

^ The coach was directly complicit in the cover up. He was an accomplice. Kids were assaulted AFTER he found out because he didn't do anything.

You don't see how the school honoring him and thumbing their nose at all the people who criticized him and the other administrators is an insult to the victims and any person who cares about this situation?
Same way I see it. He knew something and could have did something about it but didn't.

I think it's unfair to bash Joe Pa, cause we don't know what he really knew.

The school going after it is a joke though. Just take the awful L and keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom