• Adoree' Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jim Mora: Golson Didn't Interest UCLA As QB Option

6_3611940.jpg

There was no shortage of suitors for ex-Irish quarterback Everett Golson when he announced his intent to transfer.

Golson ended up at Florida State, a Power 5 Conference team without a starting quarterback. But not all coaches overseeing a quarterback competition were as open to accepting an experienced graduate-transfer to fill the void. While on The Rich Eisen Show, UCLA head coach Jim Mora said he wouldn't have offered Golson a spot on his team.

"I just believe in growing your own, cultivating your own talent,” Mora told Eisen. “There was a lot of speculation that we might be interested in Everett Golson because we do have a young quarterback group and we have a very veteran team, but we never even talked about it. I don't want mercenaries on my team. I want guys who grew up in our culture and understand what we're all about.

“I think that when you bring in a fifth-year guy, especially at a position like quarterback, he has too much influence on guys that I want to have influence on and our staff wants to have influence on, and our other players. In order to have sustained success, in my estimation, you have to build a culture. When you bring in mercenaries, you fracture that culture. Obviously, Jimbo Fisher disagrees with me. He's won a national championship. I haven't. That's just my feeling.”

Braxton has until the 28th to enroll at Bama.  We should probably know if he's staying or not by tomorrow. 

Back
Top Bottom