2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

i know its redundant, but i really hate the melo slander. people forget that he was the 3rd pick in the draft and he took denver to the playoffs in the west every single year. they went from tied for last (with cleveland) to the 8th seed in the west. denver went 43-39 that season and cleveland went 35-47.
Yup Melo shoulda gotten ROY over baby **** Bron
True, but Melo is to paid to score and score a lot. His role changed when he got to NY. His role is, go out and shoot 25-30 shots by your own creation, and oh we forgot, you have to guard dudes bigger than you on the block for 35-40min. a game.
This is exactly why I keep saying the Knicks need to find ourselves a PG (and take facilitating responsibilities away from Melo, not his game) and build a ******* team around Melo. He is so god damn good at what he does and is still in his prime.

Melo is good enough to be the #1 scoring option on a championship team. There have been far worse than him. Melo has been loyal and committed to this team, no matter how much anyone wants to ***** about the mediocre trade assets we had to give up to get him and/or the money he makes. Fact is that great players cost trade assets and money all the ******* time and Melo is a great ******* player.

Now, it is on us to make the most out of Melo's career and build a winning team around his strengths as a player while doing our best to limit his weaknesses. For us and for Melo. Quitting on that goal one year after signing him to a long term deal would be just as lazy/irresponsible as it would be plain ******* stupid. 

This is very possible to do and we almost did it before, but not quite. But the simple fact that Melo led that flawed team to 54 wins, and had a legitimate chance at toppling the Heat if his teammates didnt fail him (and KG didnt rip out his shoulder, which can still be blamed on his teammates failing him because it was JR's ******* stupidity that extended the Celtics series to 6 games when it could have/should have been a sweep in the first place), proves how valuable Melo can be if you get the right pieces around him.

Any talk from anyone about wanting to trade him and/or go through the draft/free agency processes thinking "in spite of Melo" as opposed to trying to build AROUND Melo, is simply nonsense to me.

Last edited:
a "summer league champions 2015" banner will hang from the MSG rafters right next to Pat's #33 :pimp:

Melo never lost 4 times in the Finals 
smokin.gif

Knicks vs OKC in 2017 gonna be lit 

Back
Top Bottom