2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

MKG still shoot like he has seven fingers?
That he does :lol:

But IMO that kid is worth it for all that he brings to the table. Shooters are a dime a dozen and we would still (likely) have THJR + cap space to use. And hopefully MKG could still improve on his shooting as well.

But even if he doesnt, you just arent going to find a player that brings all that he does to the table. That **** just cant be taught. Perfect for this team and even more perfect for NYC. And he is what? 22 years old?

Idk if he is available, but if he is, and Charlotte is trying to make a move, IMO Phil needs to make a phone call or 2 about it and see where it goes.

Also idk if yall saw from the draft thread but Porzingis 7'1.25 w/o shoes and 7'6 wingspan (longest in draft). Holy ****.

Imo it would just be insecurity and fear of putting yourself on the line for any team to draft Okafor ahead of Zinger at this point. His post game would have to absolutely dominate in the NBA in order to justify that.

Every draft pick is a gamble and when you are picking this high in the draft you need to look for upside first and foremost, and the amount of upside he has over Okafor makes him the better prospect IMO. He is more versatile offensively, more athletic, taller, and the better defender. Basically everything except his offensive post game surpasses Okafor and they are the same age. With those measurements especially, I can definitely see him being at least a serviceable rim protector in the league, while I think Okafor's D will always need to be hidden.
If shooters are a dime a dozen where were they last season ?

“The agitation in Jackson’s voice is evident.

“The game actually has some beauty to it, and we’ve kind of taken some of that out of it to make it individualized,” Jackson said. “It’s a lot of who we are as a country, individualized stuff.”

“When I watch some of these playoff games, and I look at what’s being run out there, as what people call an offense, it’s really quite remarkable to see how far our game has fallen from a team game,” Jackson said. “Four guys stand around watching one guy dribble a basketball.”

:pimp:

In Phil I Trust

Phil thinks hes slick, that quote right there was directed to Melo.

Phil thinks hes slick, that quote right there was directed to Melo.

Uhhh, what are you reading bro? His entire speech was clearly about LeBron and his performance in the playoffs :lol:. Melo, as you already know, didn't make the playoffs

And after I saw MKG give up back to back 62 and 61 to Melo and Bron in the span of a couple weeks, I never felt the same about him. Combined with that broke jumper and I dunno...

Last edited:
qpVmT7h.jpg

Mkg ???? Really ????? That's who's gonna get us a chip ?

Yall severely underestimate the value of somebody like MKG if you put him on a winning team. Even if not on a winning team, his defense was on another level this season. You dont need a 20 PPG scorer alongside Melo. You need someone who does the dirty work, plays D, and brings intangibles.

So often this league is about fit. Aimlessly spending money on free agents is not always the answer because often times, these players were more of a product of being in the right situations than their overall games. You take away that fit and often times it hurts their production. Demarre Carroll, for instance, is an MKG-type player who is often brought up in this thread as a potential free agency target for the Knicks.

Yall would really want a player like Demarre Carrolll, who is 29 years old and had a career season on the breakout team oriented Atlanta Hawks than MKG, who played on the struggling Hornets? Really? And MKG is 22 and on a rookie scale contract. Im not saying Carroll is a bum, but that reminds me a lot of when the Knicks overreacted to Jared Jeffries being a good fit on that Wizards team, and overspent to bring him to NY where he wasnt able to play with the same kind of talent to best utilize what he does. He was a bust.

Using that same logic, it can be very valuable for a team to spot a commodity who might just need a change of scenery. A player who is currently undervalued because his current fit is not so great for what he brings to the table. This is very important to be able to do and the good GMs are able to do so. MKG is the kind of player you want on this team next to Melo. For the next decade. He is the kind of player you can get right now in a deal that looks like a steal years from now, because he is likely being undervalued.

He was the #2 pick in the draft 3 years ago after helping lead UK to a national title and its like some of yall are ready to write his career off already. And its not even like he has been a bust. He had an unbelievable year defensively this season, his team just was not very good. But if you surround him with the right pieces, like the Knicks can do with Melo + cap space and he will ******* flourish. Just listen to any coach talk about MKG. He is a ******* winner.

Look at what Draymond Green did with the Warriors this year. He was the kind of player they needed, a perfect fit. Players like that dont just thrive on any team they play for like somebody like Melo who can drop 25+ a night no matter what jersey he is is wearing. Their skill set isnt as translatable. Players like MKG thrive off of winning. Basically the polar opposite of JR Smith, who thrives off losing :lol:

Get a dude like MKG on your favorite team, he becomes your swiss army knife defensively, your X-factor, and your favorte player. He would be a definite culture changer and a need.

Oh, and find a PG and you will find shooters. They are a dime a dozen. But they are created with ball movement and floor spacing. None of which the Knicks had.

We have shooters on our roster like THJR that can hit if we get them open looks. We have money to spend this summer on shooters. Especially if you do fill a need with a player like MKG on a rookie scale contract once again allowing us to pocket that Greg Monroe money, something that I have been all about doing.

Shooters will come, trust the system. Making a trade for MKG if he is available would pay off dividends in the long run that shooters just cant compare with IMO.

Last edited:
^ if you pair MKG with Melo, and you go out and find a PG and a center and some more shooters through the draft and free agency, you will not have a losing team. MKG would be a culture changer. Keep sleeping.

MKG is absolutely a culture changer. He is the kind of player that when he is on a winning team, people think "Wow, I wish THAT guy was on my team." Like I felt this year watching Draymond and Carroll. Except honestly, I think MKG can be better than both of those guys. Especially if you pair him with Melo. Ideal compliments.

And lets stop acting like I am saying we should trade the pick for MKG straight up, I'm not. I wouldnt do that as much as I love MKG. But to land a young stud/future starter in MKG and move back 5 picks, putting us in WCS/Cam Payne territory, 2 players that Phil is being rumored to even look at with the 4th pick? That is the kind of deal you go for if it is available. Fills 2 major needs on rookie contracts while keeping us in the top 10 of this draft.

I swear, its like some of yall are so adamant about not moving a couple spots back in the draft unless we get ******* Anthony Davis in return. Seemingly little moves like getting a player like MKG are the kind of moves that really shape winning teams in the big picture. It isnt always about landing the biggest fish in the pond. That's just not being realistic. MKG's true value will be on display on a winning team. He would be a major step in creating that kind of culture. Especially with a scorer like Melo already on the roster. Especially in NYC, where his workhorse team first winning attitude and stellar defensive style of play would resonate most.

But whatever, this is a NT induced rumor so I'm just going to stop talking about it now, until I see something real about it 
laugh.gif

Let's just go and spend $10-15 million + on Greg Monroe or Tobias Harris instead... They can score!!!!! 
eek.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
MJ ain't letting mkg go...I can promise that

And defensively he is a culture changer...hornets defense went to **** when he got hurt. He's coming around offensively but he'll never be dominant on that side

Last edited:

I like MKG's game but he better gotta fix his shooting mechanic problem. :lol:

Last edited:
Right
laugh.gif

GR8 I usually agree wit u on things but meh @ MKG

Also:

George Karl pushing for Kings to trade DeMarcus Cousins, @WojYahooNBA reports. http://t.co/OjAMdHk8K2 pic.twitter.com/eyEHk1whUJ
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) June 23, 2015

nerd.gif
If Karl is really pushing this trade, he should be fired. Karl has always had some sort of tension with his star players, which is cool because I know his relationship with Melo was strained and always under scrutiny. So hopefully he pushes hard for this trade and we miraculously get him. I'd take Cousins over Monroe anytime, but I doubt this comes to fruition.

I said months ago when George Karl got hired that Cousins would be available. I knew this would happen.

Now it's just a matter of praying that we swing a trade for him. I wish there was a way that we could draft swap picks with the Kings and still end up with Mudiay, plus get Cousins. I don't care who we have to get rid of, just make it happen Phil :lol:

Last edited:
George Karl doesn't need to be around a basketball court anymore if that's true
laugh.gif
This guy is anti- star player. He had it in for Kemp and to a lesser degree Payton in Seattle, he for sure had it in for Melo in Denver, and now he's got Cousins in his sights. I'm like you have a young player that you can build around and you want him gone, what a joke.

Back
Top Bottom