2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Porzingis has the talent and right frame of mind to succeed in the NBA. I understand being wary of foreign guys but not enough to pass on him if you think he's your guy. He'll need time, but I'm OK with that. Russell or Mudiay I'm also on board with for different reasons. No complaints of we end up with them.Samr with Okafor. He has his concerns but you don't pass up on his offensive talent. You take him and figure it out. I'm less thrilled at taking a lower tiered prospect and trading back...unless the offer is too good to pass up.

You guys do realize that's it's OK  ESSENTIAL to disagree w/ one another right?
laugh.gif
Fixed. This thread would ******* suck if we were all a bunch of brainless stiffs who always agreed with one another.

Our differences are what keeps me in here a decade later. Much love 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Porzingis has the talent and right frame of mind to succeed in the NBA. I understand being wary of foreign guys but not enough to pass on him if you think he's your guy. He'll need time, but I'm OK with that. Russell or Mudiay I'm also on board with for different reasons. No complaints of we end up with them. Samr with Okafor. He has his concerns but you don't pass up on his offensive talent. You take him and figure it out. I'm less thrilled at taking a lower tiered prospect and trading back...unless the offer is too good to pass up.

I feel you, but I'd like to think that more assets would he include for us to trade higher in the draft.

Last edited:
Francesa keeps saying he thinks we're trading down. We might just trade the pick or we might draft Mudd or Polz and trade them. Phil likes a lot of players in the 8-12 rankings.

it's true. i bust your chops sometimes just to keep this thread active
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 I could argue all day about the Knicks all day. One of my favorite things to do. Which is why i often get carried away doing so in the form of long *** rants.

As long as I am not arguing against ignorance. As long as there is a rational objective point of view on the other side, I respect anyone I argue with at all times, whether I agree or disagree with them.

Now... If you could actually successfully win me over and change my point of view in an argument, then I would REALLY respect you 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
i trust international guards and wing players more than i trust international big man.  the gap in physicality, strength and athleticism is too wide.  look what faried was able to do in the fiba tournament last summer.  international bigs who did not play against quality competition in hs and college usually do not pan out

Francesa keeps saying he thinks we're trading down. We might just trade the pick or we might draft Mudd or Polz and trade them. Phil likes a lot of players in the 8-12 rankings.

phil might being trying to do too much if he wants to trade the 4th pick for a couple in the 8-12 range. these top 3 (or 4) players have been talked about bc they are that much better than the rest of the crop. i wouldnt trade 1 potential star for 2 role players.

i trust international guards and wing players more than i trust international big man.  the gap in physicality, strength and athleticism is too wide.  look what faried was able to do in the fiba tournament last summer.  international bigs who did not play against quality competition in hs and college usually do not pan out

The funny part is that NBA's successful foreign players are mostly big guys.

Tell the truth, Okafor was my guy last fall until NCAA tournament. Every time, I saw him playing on the national TV. I always see Amar'e in Jah. His basketball IQ is terrible. Way terrible. His offensive game is really good. His rebounding and defense are SO AWFUL.

Honestly if there at 4 and Mudiay is the one left i don't blame Phil for trading down at all. This team needs assets and if you can grab a future first and still end up with a WCS/ Winslow/ Johnson etc etc.. then i would do it

Mudiay imo is a very bad fit with Melo, and i just don't see him being the "Next Generation" pg that people are claiming. I've heard these things the most aabout Mudiay

1) he's athletic (Which he is but he isn't Wall, Rose, Westbrook level which people seem to be pushing)
2) he has a broken jumper
3) he has a NBA body
4) he can come in right away and defend

this sounds very similar to a description of shumpert :smh:

The funny part is that NBA's successful foreign players are mostly big guys.
big men like sabonis,divac and gasol brothers are legit big men and have size.  hakeem, duncan, horford have size are on par athletically and have played against good competition

porzingis is more of that dirk bargnani variety.  tbh he reminds me most of that chinese guy who was on the nets for a little than out of the league

Last edited:
I'm not against trading down. Muddy boy is falling to us at 4, I like him but I'm a little worried. If he trade him back to the 10th slot and get a good player in return, I'm fine with that.

Okafor RIGHT NOW is better than Amare ever was as a low post scorer. Yes he has defensive deficincies but his offensive dominance more than makes up for it.

Gotta pair him up with a defensive PF like a David West, Draymond, Amir Johnson, Ibaka type player.

Back
Top Bottom