2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

World Star pretty much didnt do anything and somehow ended up with 12pts. Thats a good look.

Liked the fluidity and hustle too.

Last edited:
My analysis on Zinger

PROS

- his length gave shooters alot of problems

- drew fouls

- few nice passes

- didn't force his game and was decent with spacing

- not one dimensional

CONS

- needs to be a bit stronger ( very possible task)

- go harder for rebounds

- conditioning (very possible task)

1st game so, it's still early

Last edited:
Both Porzingis and Grant have looked pretty good as far as game 1 of summer leagues can go.

Grant looked like a nba-level defender, had a few steals and forced a lot of turnovers early on. Also made some good drives and wouldve put up more pts if some shots didn't rim out. Really looking fwd to seeing him develop and I'm glad they made the trade for him.

Porzingis could be a problem one day, but I still think it's going to take a year or two. His size and athleticism advantage as a big is obvious in summer league vs leser guys trying to make it, but put NBA bigs like Ibaka or Deandre on him and he doesn't get these easy buckets and trips to the line. Also felt like he didn't rebound that well. tbh, Wear bailed him out a few times grabbing some tough rebounds in traffic when Kris wasn't able to box out his man. He's gonna need to get stronger and work on that.

Hoping that Thanasis can do a little more going fwd, bc we do have a need at backup SG

Zinger looked decent. Need more of a sample size but there's some promise. He's a little lost at times on long rebounds, but he should be ok with experience.

I wouldn't expect much from Kristaps just because it's summer league and there are guys trying to get contracts out there. With that said, a solid showing. Doesn't seem to shy away on the defensive side. Wanna see that jumper fall in the coming games.

No one does though :lol:

We just wanna see some Knicks basketball. And obviously World Star.

Last edited:
Seriously, anytime he catches it on the elbow i feel like he can just face up and shoot it right over the defender every time.

The amount of open looks Zinger is gonna get from playing with Melo
sick.gif
hopefully he develops a low post game cause hes 7'3 and should not be shooting jumpers 90% of the time

I've been having conversations with cats every single day since the draft. Was in the barbershop out here in LA the other day debating with everyone about this upcoming season. Hearing all the jokes and the comments about the past...it's funny to me. This offseason was awesome for the Knicks. Can't wait to see how this team develops. Someone is gonna be laughing and it ain't gonna be them!

I think its safe to say we all watched today just to see if Prozingis can play, period. I chose not to watch any tape for now so I needed today. I see the kid has potential. Love that hes a great free throw shooter. Should look to get to the line often

Missed game but I will watch replay game at 2 am.

Hopefully Porzingis doesn't put up Brook Lopez/Andrea Bargnani rebound numbers in the future.

Back
Top Bottom