2016 "52 week money challenge"

I forgot what week it is but I peeped my savings account this morning and im at around 1400

:nthat:

week 25...who's still in?

I just set up deposits till September..
still in ... still behind ... had some big expenses and made some purchases from london after the devaluation of the pound (thank you brexit voters). 

I've put away probably 22 out of the 25 weeks.... i probably wouldn't be able to catch up w/o a pay raise though ... smh 

still in ... still behind ... had some big expenses and made some purchases from london after the devaluation of the pound (thank you brexit voters). 

I've put away probably 22 out of the 25 weeks.... i probably wouldn't be able to catch up w/o a pay raise though ... smh 

I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna stop first week of September and use those funds for my trip to vegas. I may or may not continue when I get back :lol:

I got play catch up.. What week is it? 28?

Yup week 28 bro

Finally back on track with all the hours i've been putting in at work and going strong :smokin

I don't know what I'm doing. I mean what is the amount that would be considered a nice saving account? 10,000...15,000? Everyone just keeps telling me 3-6 months of rent an utilities.

I don't know what I'm doing. I mean what is the amount that would be considered a nice saving account? 10,000...15,000? Everyone just keeps telling me 3-6 months of rent an utilities.

That doesn't sound bad in all honesty, though of course that then varies based on your rent. Also depends on just how old you are too.

well im out. I made my last deposit last week. I withdrew everything and taking it with me to vegas tomorrow. it was a good run, hopefully I can continue when I get back.

still going strong ... only about 2 weeks behind week 37 goal. 

Last year i reached 85% of the target ... this year i should reach 90 to 95%. 

I already know i cannot go ham for the holidays ... 

Props again to thread starter ... i used to get excited from copping jays but it's an even better feeling to see the bank account increase every week 

Last edited:
Still in this thing...gettting realllll tempting to spend though smh. Had to talk myself out of spending half of it on a pair of Yeezys today. Gotta stay strong until I book this trip to St. Lucia 
pimp.gif

Yeah. Cashed mine out for a Disneyland trip. Started one for each person in the family. Mine and my wife' s took care of the trip and the 2 kid's took care of the food and souvenirs.

Hit my money goal today 
pimp.gif

Now I have no pressure as we move into the holiday season.

I feel super proud, I didn't think I would have the self discipline to follow through on this for a year.

Definitely planning this into my budget every year from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom