2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually see Cespedes in SF now...replace Aoki after his option was declined

Last edited:
Let's put the Dodger fans on suicide watch 
laugh.gif

Yea, I think Greinke ends up back in LA.

FG stole my goddamn thought process that NY was going to go HARD after Upton and trade Ellsbury.

No one hoping to win should trade for Ellsbury unless the Yankees eat salary or include a prospect.

Last edited:
Ellsbury has a no trade clause.

While I don't mind the Ellsbury signing for the years and money we gave him and still don't hate it. Think he's had a bad hand year 1. Jeter hijacking the lineup. Year 2, started great for 2 months got injured and like every other Yankee did horrible in the last couple months.

But while the contract doesn't bother me, the no-trade clause does. Hell I would be fine with a partial NTC but a full is really dumb.

I meant to say or Gardner. I thought I typed it :lol:

E, I still owe the off season thread a look. I should have time this weekend.

But yea, literally two weeks ago, I was telling a few friends that one of them would be gone and Upton would be in pinstripes and probably bank on Shark bouncing back. This is what FG writes today:

New York Yankees
Brian Cashman is again downplaying the idea of the Yankees being big players for the high-end of the market, but my guess is that, as the winter goes on, they’ll find a trade partner for either Jacoby Ellsbury or Brett Gardner, which will create some room for them to pursue Justin Upton. At $140 million over seven years, he won’t be cheap, but he’s a consistent above average player with enough years left in his prime that the Yankees could see him as a guy to build around, and different enough from their prior expenditures on aging players that they could justify the cost. Likewise, I think they’ll take a bet on Jeff Samardzija as a bounce-back guy, but there will be enough interest in him that he’ll still require five years, with the total commitment costing $75 million to bring him to New York. In both cases, the Yankees would be betting on talent over recent performance, but if they can get those two back to what they were previously, those prices could look like bargains in 12 months.

I wonder what Dylan Bundy would cost. Ran out of options, can't stay healthy as a starter. Wouldn't mind the Mets gambling on him if the deal is right and putting him in the pen. Best case, the next Wade Davis, worst case 60 day DL like always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom