2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
These reports are so stupid. Just put something out when you know for sure :lol:

Modern journalism, it is what it is.

So much pressure to break news, and with twitter, they can put stuff out and retract it easily. You don't even have to do a mea culpa anymore.

Why do you think "Sources say..." or "My sources say..." has become so big in recent years. It's a big out when sources don't come through... word to Chris Broussard. :smile:lol)

Media networks don't care, you can ruin your credibility just don't ruin the networks. At the end of the day, some anchors/talking heads/analyst don't stay on board for their journalistic chops, they stay on board because they provide entertainment value.

Who are your guys' award picks this year? Winners to be revealed within the next 10 days!

Gold Gloves
AL: Dallas Keuchel, Salvador Perez, Mark Teixeira, Ian Kinsler, Manny Machado, Didi Gregorius, Yoenis Cespedes (With Detroit), Kevin Kiermaier and JD Martinez
NL: Zack Greinke, Yadier Molina, Paul Goldschmidt, Dee Gordon, Nolan Arenado, Andrelton Simmons, Starling Marte, AJ Pollock and Jason Heyward

Manager of the Year
AL: AJ Hinch
NL: Joe Maddon

ROY
AL: Carlos Correa
NL: Kris Bryant (Noah Syndergaard is my dude but Bryant deserves the award mostly)

Cy Young
AL: Dallas Keuchel
NL: Jake Arrieta (This one is tough. I won't be mad if either Zack Greinke or Clayton Kershaw win this award)

MVP
AL: Josh Donaldson or Mike Trout (I couldn't decide this one)
NL: Bryce Harper

Last edited:
Twins submit the winning bid on Park.

I am just glad that he will play in the MLB.

byung_pj7gux6z.gif

:lol:

Last edited:

I find this hard to believe. 522 feet home run?

:rofl: @ the old man's facial expression at 0:15

Man, I want to be an international scout.

Last edited:
@darrenrovell: Nationals 2016 calendar features their home ballpark which looks a lot like Fenway (H/T @edit_susan, @elilanger)

CTVszo_XIAAkbxz.png

edit: late on the Nationals haha. Took the words out of my mouth when you said "Add another L" HAHA

Last edited:
@darrenrovell: Nationals 2016 calendar features their home ballpark which looks a lot like Fenway (H/T @edit_susan, @elilanger)

CTVszo_XIAAkbxz.png
And if you follow the source from where the photo came from, a company unaffiliated with the Nats made that calendar.

The Nats might trade Strasburg, but it won't be for Andrew Miller.

May plan a weekend trip to Cooperstown around the ceremony with Griffey being inducted :nerd: .

Last edited:
And if you follow the source from where the photo came from, a company unaffiliated with the Nats made that calendar.

The Nats might trade Strasburg, but it won't be for Andrew Miller.

Yeah, it's easy to pile on the Nats, but not for this. It's a third party calendar, someone goofed, no one will care.

Trading Strasburg wouldn't be a bad idea, teams that have these "handle with care" pitchers should try to get as much value out of them asap.

Yeah, it's easy to pile on the Nats, but not for this. It's a third party calendar, someone goofed, no one will care.

Trading Strasburg wouldn't be a bad idea, teams that have these "handle with care" pitchers should try to get as much value out of them asap.
We should've traded him last off-season if we were gonna do it. A Boras client about to enter free agency doesn't have that much value attached to him in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom