2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Costas, Jon Miller, VIn Scully, and Matt Vasgersian should do every MLB game forever

Forgot Bob Uecker :smokin. Brian Anderson is pretty good too. They just always reach for something on ESPN like they have to analyze something and just force it. Its terrible and has been for a long time

Last edited:
absolutely ruins the gms for me. rather watch the local telecast where they dont add theose graphics

absolutely ruins the gms for me. rather watch the local telecast where they dont add theose graphics

On fox sports wisconsin once and awhile they will put it off to the side on other side of the screen for a little bit and that doesnt bother me at all. Its this consistent box on espn with that stupid *** circle that kills me.

Last edited:
You will.
114 pitches isn't as outrageous as you two are making it out to be. Factor in being down two arms in the pen and it's really a non-issue.

I'm assuming you're very concerned with Arrieta considering Joe Maddon has had him throw 219 pitches his last two starts.

A young guy with prior arm issues vs a 30 year old without that history?

And Maddon has been pulling Jake early all Spring. He had to let him extend for the no hitter. He will pull him early the next go round to compensate for that.

Like JRS said, Dusty ran Prior and Wood into the ground. Thinking he won't do it to Stras is just bein silly. It's what he does.

A young guy with prior arm issues vs a 30 year old without that history?

And Maddon has been pulling Jake early all Spring. He had to let him extend for the no hitter. He will pull him early the next go round to compensate for that.

Like JRS said, Dusty ran Prior and Wood into the ground. Thinking he won't do it to Stras is just bein silly. It's what he does.
1. Arrieta has had prior arm issues with his shoulder and elbow. The elbow injury required surgery.

2. Maddon may be pulling him early, I haven't been watching, but Arrieta has still thrown the same amount of pitches as Strasburg in the same amount of starts. Does that mean Dusty has been pulling Stras early all spring as well?

3. He did run them into the ground, that was also over 10 years ago. Name some pitchers he ran into the ground on the Reds and I'll concede, otherwise you're just using a lazy argument that doesn't hold much truth to it anymore.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=13948
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...baker-wont-ruin-the-nationals-pitching-staff/

Being cheap isn't smart ball though.

I never said there's a correlation between the two^^

I also never said the a's aren't cheap. It's a ****** con that comes along with being a fan. I never understood the hate on billy beane. I mean ya at times i have criticized some of his past decesions, but what can he really do, other than watch JD hit bombs at Rogers center. Ownership is buns, b

Being cheap isn't smart ball though.

I never said there's a correlation between the two^^

I also never said the a's aren't cheap. It's a ****** con that comes along with being a fan. I never understood the hate on billy beane. I mean ya at times i have criticized some of his past decesions, but what can he really do, other than watch JD hit bombs at Rogers center. Ownership is buns, b
They had JD under club control for next few years. Beane is 1 of the most overrated GMs in Sports.

A's could of had a few more titles if they kept together some of these young guys they've had.

They were primed in 2013 too, late lead in Game 4 against Detroit up 2-1 in that series and blew it. Then Verlander did what he does to Oakland A's playoff baseball smh.

They were primed in 2013 too, late lead in Game 4 against Detroit up 2-1 in that series and blew it. Then Verlander did what he does to Oakland A's playoff baseball smh.
2006, 2012, 2013 made me hate the Tigers even more each time.

But can never forget this 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I randomly got his and Kyle Lohse's autograph on a two-person Christian Guzman/Kyle Lohse card from one of those **** stadium-plastic-card set things that are overpriced. Dunno what I envisioned the value would be later on for that.

I randomly got his and Kyle Lohse's autograph on a two-person Christian Guzman/Kyle Lohse card from one of those **** stadium-plastic-card set things that are overpriced. Dunno what I envisioned the value would be later on for that.
Havent heard the new Kyle Lohse in ages 
eek.gif

Him and Cardinals and Brewers legend Jeff Suppan 
roll.gif

Raul Mondesi

Ben Grieve

Carl Everett

Dante Bichette
Adam Piatt

Shea Hillenbrand

Names I would always see in this game

roll.gif