2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they could have just kept McCann

This. He did hit 20 HRs last season, and that was with playing the field. He won't have to here, rarely if that.

I mean same could be said for a 33 year old catcher.

My biggest issue is we're going to be sold on this was a great offseason move for the Yankees, we're in it, and we'll be in the playoffs.

When we all know clearly they won't be, it doesn't really improve the Yankees. You replaced 2016 Carlos Beltran with basically hoping Matt Holliday can be 2016 Carlos Beltran, and a reminder that 2016 Carlos Beltran wasn't good enough, despite being pretty damn good.

And it shows what they value more. It isn't winning, it isn't rebuilding, it's the luxury tax.

There were a few names in Free Agency that they could have gone after, signaled that they wanted to be for real about winning, and still not hold up the development of any prospect.

Instead Hal tries to sell us this idea of flexibility, when they already had flexibility

Last edited:
You aren't winning anything next year anyway. What's the big deal with rebuilding and staying patient?

Best case scenario you got a good vet on a friendly deal that you can trade at the deadline.

Last edited:
You aren't winning anything next year anyway. What's the big deal with rebuilding and staying patient?

Best case scenario you got a good vet on a friendly deal that you can trade at the deadline.

There was a path to get a team that wins a division this year and maybe gets hot, while still rebuilding and keeping things clear for the best prospects to have a shot.

Looks like the Giants have their closer. Time to finish rebuilding that bullpen and add a LF?

I wouldn't mind having Panda back either lol

Trout might be the only player worth that contract, and even that might be pushing it.

Harper has had only one elite season and all the others were marred by injury/cold streaks and he's asking for $400M :lol:

Easy pass.

Trout might be the only player worth that contract, and even that might be pushing it.

Harper has had only one elite season and all the others were marred by injury/cold streaks and he's asking for $400M :lol:

Easy pass.

Dude was a massive let down this past season.

Trout consistent every single year and people had the nerve to claim Harper over Trout after 1 MVP season from Harper :lol:

I love Machado but he's had some serious leg issues.

UA is gonna put their logo on the front of the jerseys. ****** hideous. Hate that brand so ****** much.

Happy to see my boy Beltran get one more payday.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 5h5 hours ago
Chris Sale's deal -- if options are exercised -- is three years for $38 million.

Contract is GOLD. Nats payin thru the nose for that if the White Sox truly sellin him. 3/38 is ridiculous. Rich freaking Hill just got 3/48. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom