2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ken Rosenthal via the NY Post on the Fox Broadcast, MLB was butthurt at the comments A-Rod made last night, and has ended negoations with him and he will be suspended for the rest of this season and next.

According to Ken Rosenthal via the NY Post on the Fox Broadcast, MLB was butthurt at the comments A-Rod made last night, and has ended negoations with him and he will be suspended for the rest of this season and next.

:wow: WOW they really didn't want dude playing at all anymore

Got to see my yankees beat my hometown dodger team wednesday

Mariano and Jeter
pimp.gif

Won't be upheld on appeal. Guaranteed.

Won't be upheld on appeal. Guaranteed.

It shouldn't be, but they were mentioning due to the type of suspension he might not even be able to play while under appeal. Difference of being suspended under the drug agreement vs CBA.

Congrats, where at?

I feel like we're like-minded. Lifting and watching sports.

South Texas College of Law. It's in downtown Houston, presuming you haven't heard of it lol

STCL has the 6th ranked trial advocacy program in the country. One day I'll be defending all these scumbag criminal athletes.

Aaron Hernandez needs you.

I'm reconsidering the law school path, Georgetown and NYU garnered my interest but there's an overconcentration of attorneys in the Northeast.

Aaron Hernandez needs you.

I'm reconsidering the law school path, Georgetown and NYU garnered my interest but there's an overconcentration of attorneys in the Northeast.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/w.../?Post+generic=?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

The legal job market is tough. Applicants to law schools are severely down, so that should open the market up a little more. Regardless, I'm willing to make the investment in myself. Bust your *** and graduate at the top of your class and you'll be choosing your employer. Just like working out, gotta find something to motivate you to truly grind.

To hit on my earlier post

@SportsCenter: UPDATE: If Alex Rodriguez can't play while he appeals & he does not get reinstated before 2014 season, he will lose $34.2 million in salary.

As for the Alex, there's so many layers to this ****.

Stephen A Smith said that Alex's people called him yesterday and said they were never in negotiations. This is all MLB trying to get Alex to cave. They said they want the suspension asap to get this appeal done with. They also said Yankees are clearly working with MLB (which we all know already).

Reporters are also saying it's damn near impossible for Bud to ban Alex and is trying to scare him and it will be tough for him to get Alex on violating the CBA.

They also said some people think Bud is going for too much and might miss. Personally, I think Bud is doing too much and might end up hurting himself by abusing all his power. This will go to federal court now and it hasn't even started. Players union don't like how the case has been handled, Alex is being treated or Bud's moves so far. MLB has a lot on Alex but Alex has a lot to work with.

He'll get moved this winter, it's the Ray way. Ship him off because they can't afford the arb price and have a year of team control to sell a team. They'll get a good haul this winter.

CP, I think he's going to you guys.

I don't think he's gonna get traded. The rumors of Price being moved remind me of the Stanton rumors from early this year. When a guy has that much talent, you don't trade them or let them walk. There's a big difference between not signing guys like BJ Upton and Carlos Pena, and having money to pay star players like Longoria and Price. The Rays have one of the best front offices in baseball. No matter how many prospects you get in return for Price, they probably won't match his value.

They have one of the best front offices for one because of how well they manage the cap and their contracts. They're not going to pay him what he'll get in arbitration. There's a gigantic difference between what they did with Longoria and what they're doing with Price. Like I said, it's been hashed out over and over again we'll just see this winter. I think he'll be traded or at the very least shopped. We'll agree to disagree.

Went to Miller park tonight, first time. Love the pre game festivities, very cool city, ball park is ok. But overall great experience

Scherzer dealt again tonight. 7 2/3 3h 3bb 6k. He's struck out at least 5 batters in all his starts this season. His 16-1 record is ridiculous lol

That's going to be a hell of a Cy Young race coming down the stretch. Really hoping he ends up winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom