2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happ going for 15 W's 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I still remember Mo Vaughn and co. literally running Collins out of Anaheim 20 years ago. His style doesn't work when you're 20 games under .500 :lol: Dude was crying during his resgnation presser thinking he would never have another gig innthe majors. Glad to see him bounce back.

-Edit-

I remember that scumbag Mo Vaughn leaving on bad terms but I somehow didn't remember him going off on Percival :rofl:

"He hasn't done (expletive) to lead them anywhere. I got hardware, I got playoff appearances, I got an MVP. I've been to the playoffs twice. What the hell has he done? Who the hell is he?"

This was in March of 2002. 7 months later Percy got the save in Game 7 of the world serie :rofl: :pimp:
My friends uncle parties with Mo Vaughn all the time :lol:

The Astros offense is so bad right now 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This **** is more unwatchable than when we were losing 100+ games 
mean.gif

TFTI
but really nice seatsWish I stopped by Queens when I went to NYC

Last edited:
TFTI

but really nice seats Wish I stopped by Queens when I went to NYC

Citi Field is a great park man. I actually prefer it over the new Yankee Stadium. And I wish the Bronx wasn't such a pain in the *** to get to, otherwise I'd get to way more Yankee games a year :smh: .

Thanks. I'm on the subway right now. Six stops left for me. I kinda got discounts for those seats. It was worth. I was a bit drunk but I had a blast time.

Yeah, I love Citi. Seats are much cheaper but better view. The only I like about Yankee Staidum is their history museum and honorable of former Yankees players. Mets haven't set up a statue of Tom Seaver. Smh their Mets museum is just meh

Thanks. I'm on the subway right now. Six stops left for me. I kinda got discounts for those seats. It was worth. I was a bit drunk but I had a blast time.

Yeah, I love Citi. Seats are much cheaper but better view. The only I like about Yankee Staidum is their history museum and honorable of former Yankees players. Mets haven't set up a statue of Tom Seaver. Smh their Mets museum is just meh
How long does Subway take to get to the stadium usually?

For me, it's only about 25 minutes on BART to the Coliseum

During day, I'd say it'd take me an hour and 10 mins to reach at Yankee Stadium from my hometown. I live right next to beach in Brooklyn

After the game, it takes me an hour and a half (express trains stop running after 10 pm)

Yankee Stadium is far away from my home than Citi Field but for subway, from my home to Citi is longer than Yankee Stadium. The 7 line has like 18-20 stops in Queens. For Yankees, it's only one stop in the Bronx (the B or D train.. the 4 train has 2 stops in the Bronx though)

Normally, I'd drive but this time, I decided to take the subway because there's road work on highways (extremely traffic in over 10 miles) after 10 pm every night for a year :x

Last edited:
I randomly checked how long it would take the Subway from Coney Island to Citi Field and at 2 AM its estimated at 1.5 hrs [emoji]128562[/emoji][emoji]128562[/emoji][emoji]128562[/emoji]

Didnt know subway rides to other boroughs took that long

Coney Island is on the opposite spectrum of Citi lol. It takes me 40-60 minutes a day just to drive to work and my school is like 30 away from Coney Island. Brooklyn is a rough commute. Lots of traffic there.

Thankfully I live 10 mins from Citi :pimp: can't wait to go to some games now that I'm finished with everything for the summer.

Last edited:
When I would take my dad to games at Citi it was a 25-30 minute drive from our end of Brooklyn. The only way I'm ever getting to YS is the train. No shot in hell am I driving to the Bronx :x .

Last edited:
Citi is very nice. Love going to games there. Nats are 5-1 when I attend, only loss was the "Harvey's better" night :smh:

New Yankee Stadium sucks. No way around it. Pretty much a 40,000+ business meeting besides the bleacher creatures. They sell sushi at the park for Christs sake :lol:

:wow:

Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
13 mins ago - View on Twitter
Mark Teixeira expected to announce his retirement later today, at 36, effective at the end of the season

Yankee fans, is Tex as bad defensively all the time as I've seen him recently? :lol:

He got blown up twice in the Astros series and then that play from the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yankee fans, is Tex as bad defensively all the time as I've seen him recently? :lol:

He got blown up twice in the Astros series and then that play from the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:

No.

He's still exceptional at fielding throws from the IF.

His range that made him the elite defensive 1B has fallen off a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom