2016 NFL Draft Thread - Do NOT spoil picks during Draft, you are warned.....Mods on standby

Guessing the Top 7:
1. Rams - Goff
2. Eagles - Wentz
3. Chargers - Buckner
4. Cowboys - Ramsey
5. Jags - Bosa
6. Ravens - Tunsil
7. 49ers - Stanley

I know - I think I know - that Goff and Wentz will be mediocre to maybe slightly decent at the NFL, Goff will turn it over at historic rates and Wentz didn't have a good year and this is slightly unprecedented. Jacksonville State is great for projecting him against real NFL talent. Looks smooth is not everything. Playing pro style with the same calls he'll see in the NFL is no guarantee of success. Once he's there, everyone then is doing that and by virtue him being a better football player or not will or won't matter. Will, because I feel he's not but whatever.

Goff threw 20 INT's in his last two years so why all the sudden will he be a TO machine?

And Teddy looked like dog **** last year and he was hyped as hell so maybe scouts were right

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of a fumble because I have. Quick, head back to the Google Search tab you just came from and find the whole picture.

Also not that it's right, but Teddy was a Pro Bowl alternate. Also don't know why you bring him up other than to kinda tell me you're limited in your arguments. I was the first one to not corronate Bridgewater on here before last season based on the fact that the hype was too high after leaving 2014 with five good performances in Wks 13-17 against four bottom 25 Pass D's.

Last edited:
Goff threw 20 INT's in his last two years so why all the sudden will he be a TO machine?
The area I care most about QBs protecting the football and making smart decisions is the RZ. One of the many elements that make Aaron Rodgers so great, he doesn't make mistakes inside the 20.

Goff in the RZ: 60% completion percentage, 28 TD, 0 INT. Good for 90% on-target percentage.

Pro Bowl alternative like that means anything :lol:

what you're saying makes no sense...

so the Eagles and Rams trade to #1 and #2 then decide they don't want to take a QB because they might face ridicule? what :rofl:

Have fun ripping apart a QB who doesn't deserve the ridicule that spot will garner him over the next 4 years.

Your OL could completely be helped through one of the two but nah Lol ok

Have you ever heard of a fumble because I have. Quick, head back to the Google Search tab you just came from and find the whole picture.

Also not that it's right, but Teddy was a Pro Bowl alternate. Also don't know why you bring him up other than to kinda tell me you're limited in your arguments.

You must be drunk already.

Rams and Eagles gave up A LOT to move up, no way in hell they did for OL :smh:

They do play some nice 55-50 games in the Pac 12!

Uh, nope never said people's or team's picks will be dictated by ridicule, just saying it's a fact that he'll be ridiculed by Eagles fans the next four years when he's terrible and/or sitting (more likely terrible) if they do take Wentz.

Last edited:
The area I care most about QBs protecting the football and making smart decisions is the RZ. One of the many elements that make Aaron Rodgers so great, he doesn't make mistakes inside the 20.

Goff in the RZ: 60% completion percentage, 28 TD, 0 INT. Good for 90% on-target percentage.

exactly, I feel like he's just throwing out bogus non sense

one of Goff's biggest strengths is being accurate and not making bad decisions

Last edited:
just throwing this out there, was pondering this today...

if youre the cowboys and/or a cowboys fan, should you have moved up or tried from 4 to 1 or 2 to go for a the QB? i think they should have.

heres why...

cowboys arent a bad team and when i say a bad team im talking top 1-5 picks in the draft. last year they caught bad breaks. and ended with that record.

yea they pretty much suck on defense but that can be addressed with a slew of picks from round 2 and so on...

theyre obviously on the back end of romos career but hes still there which would give leadership to the QB they would be picking.

i think they failed big time by not going after one of the 2 QBs in the situation theyre in because a team like Dallas or Baltimore wont be picks 4 and 6 very often if at all for a while to be in position or close enough to get the top QB prospect/s in a draft. 

anyone agree?

Last edited:
jpzx jpzx :
If you said you don't believe Goff and Wentz are the top-2 prospects in the class, I'd actually agree with you. Bosa, Elliott, Ramsey, Tunsil are "safer" selections. But I also recognize the need for a franchise QB. What are the Rams really winning with Foles? Boras (new OC) doesn't trust/love what they have in Mannion evidently. My Eagles KNOW they're not winning a SB with Sammy Bradford, he was only ever a stopgap option. Chase Daniel was brought in for Pederson familiarity, a security blanket in case of injury.

lulz wut? the rams and eagles gave the farm up to not draft a qb? are these broussards sauces saying this :lol:

got this from another board.. if you're going to be critical of wentz because he went to an FCS school.. you might want to know the following:

FCS players NFL:

QB

Steve McNair- Alcorn State (drafted 3rd overall, 1 SB appearance)

Joe Flacco- Delaware (drafted 18th overall, 1 SB)

Rich Gannon- Delaware (1 SB appearance, 1 MVP)

Tony Romo- Eastern Illinois (horrible, two broken collarbones)

Kurt Warner- Northern Iowa (3 SB appearances, 1 SB)

Phil Simms- Morehead State (drafted 7th overall, 2 SBs)

Doug Williams- Grambling State (drafted 17th overall, 1 SB)

Ron Jaworski- Youngstown State (1 SB appearance)

HB

Walter Payton- Jackson State (greatest RB of all-time, IMO)

Wilbert Montgomery- Abilene Christian

Brian Westbrook- Villanova

David Johnson- Northern Iowa (future fantasy football 1st/2nd rd pick)

WR

Jerry Rice- Mississippi Valley State (greatest WR of all-time, IMO)

Terrell Owens- Chattanooga 

Harold Carmichael- Southern University

Marques Colston- Hofstra

Vincent Jackson- Northern Colorado

Victor Cruz- UMass

TE

Julius Thomas- Portland State

Eric Green- Liberty University

OL

Jahri Evans- Bloomsburg University (Actually D2 and not FCS)

Jermon Bushrod- Towson (2x probowler)

DL

Robert Mathis- Alabama A&M

Jared Allen- Idaho State

Howie Long- Villanova

LB

London Fletcher- John Carroll University

Jeremiah Trotter- Stephen F. Austin University

DB

Justin Bethel- Presbyterian University

Cortland Finnegan- Samford

Antoine Bethea- (3x probowler)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- Tennessee State

K

Adam Vinatieri- South Dakota State

Dan Carpenter- University of Montana

In conclusion: 

1.There were 130 FCS players on NFL rosters last season. Some notable players include Rashad Jennings, Charcandrick West, Lardarius Webb, Rashean Mathis, Terron Armstead, Josh McKown, Will Tye, Larry Donnell, and Tre Mcbride. 

2. There have been five FCS quarterbacks taken in the first round. Between the five, there are five Superbowl wins. And only one without a SB win. . . that was Steve McNair, a guy who was literally inches away from having one.

Last edited:
Guessing the Top 7:
1. Rams - Goff
2. Eagles - Wentz
3. Chargers - Buckner
4. Cowboys - Ramsey
5. Jags - Bosa
6. Ravens - Tunsil
7. 49ers - Stanley

I have it

Goff
Wentz
Stanley
Ramsey
Bosa
Tunsil
Buckner

Then Cleveland starts the party.

got this from another board.. if you're going to be critical of wentz because he went to an FCS school.. you might want to know the following:

FCS players NFL:

QB
Steve McNair- Alcorn State (drafted 3rd overall, 1 SB appearance)
Joe Flacco- Delaware (drafted 18th overall, 1 SB)
Rich Gannon- Delaware (1 SB appearance, 1 MVP)
Tony Romo- Eastern Illinois (horrible, two broken collarbones)
Kurt Warner- Northern Iowa (3 SB appearances, 1 SB)
Phil Simms- Morehead State (drafted 7th overall, 2 SBs)
Doug Williams- Grambling State (drafted 17th overall, 1 SB)
Ron Jaworski- Youngstown State (1 SB appearance)

HB
Walter Payton- Jackson State (greatest RB of all-time, IMO)
Wilbert Montgomery- Abilene Christian
Brian Westbrook- Villanova
David Johnson- Northern Iowa (future fantasy football 1st/2nd rd pick)

WR
Jerry Rice- Mississippi Valley State (greatest WR of all-time, IMO)
Terrell Owens- Chattanooga 
Harold Carmichael- Southern University
Marques Colston- Hofstra
Vincent Jackson- Northern Colorado
Victor Cruz- UMass

TE
Julius Thomas- Portland State
Eric Green- Liberty University

OL
Jahri Evans- Bloomsburg University (Actually D2 and not FCS)
Jermon Bushrod- Towson (2x probowler)

DL
Robert Mathis- Alabama A&M
Jared Allen- Idaho State
Howie Long- Villanova

LB
London Fletcher- John Carroll University
Jeremiah Trotter- Stephen F. Austin University

DB
Justin Bethel- Presbyterian University
Cortland Finnegan- Samford
Antoine Bethea- (3x probowler)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie- Tennessee State

K
Adam Vinatieri- South Dakota State
Dan Carpenter- University of Montana

In conclusion: 
1.There were 130 FCS players on NFL rosters last season. Some notable players include Rashad Jennings, Charcandrick West, Lardarius Webb, Rashean Mathis, Terron Armstead, Josh McKown, Will Tye, Larry Donnell, and Tre Mcbride. 

2. There have been five FCS quarterbacks taken in the first round. Between the five, there are five Superbowl wins. And only one without a SB win. . . that was Steve McNair, a guy who was literally inches away from having one.

Extremely short list of players. Considering you're goin back 30+ years.

And the names in the league last year, aren't very good. Just decent.

And didn't cost several draft picks to acquire with the #2 pick.

I have it

Goff
Wentz
Stanley
Ramsey
Bosa
Tunsil
Buckner

Then Cleveland starts the party.
Strange how interchangeable SD and SF are in this class. Chargers are the catalyst to the entire draft. There's literally 7 different guys Telesco could take. Stanley, Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Bosa, etc.

Truly have no idea who the Browns want. Wouldn't be a bad idea to trade back yet again unless 'Zeke is absolutely your guy at #8. Tampa is also stuck in a tough place. The dream is Bosa falls to #9, but are Lawson and Floyd too early there? Rankins, who is flying up the board?

dismissed just like that because you don't agree with trading up

dismissed just like that because you don't agree with trading up

Trade up for Peyton, Luck, Julio whatever, OK, sure. I wouldn't do it personally, but I see the reasoning.

Trade up for Wentz...... :lol:

If it was the Ravens doin this, or the Texans, or Chiefs, you and IAT wouldn't say a ************* thing to support it. You're backing it cuz it's Philly.

Trade up for Peyton, Luck, Julio whatever, OK, sure. I wouldn't do it personally, but I see the reasoning.

Trade up for Wentz...... :lol:

If it was the Ravens doin this, or the Texans, or Chiefs, you and IAT wouldn't say a ************* thing to support it. You're backing it cuz it's Philly.

you must have missed were I backed St Louis for trading up for Goff so there's that

Last edited:
just throwing this out there, was pondering this today...

if youre the cowboys and/or a cowboys fan, should you have moved up or tried from 4 to 1 or 2 to go for a the QB? i think they should have.

heres why...

cowboys arent a bad team and when i say a bad team im talking top 1-5 picks in the draft. last year they caught bad breaks. and ended with that record.

yea they pretty much suck on defense but that can be addressed with a slew of picks from round 2 and so on...

theyre obviously on the back end of romos career but hes still there which would give leadership to the QB they would be picking.

i think they failed big time by not going after one of the 2 QBs in the situation theyre in because a team like Dallas or Baltimore wont be picks 4 and 6 very often if at all for a while to be in position or close enough to get the top QB prospect/s in a draft. 

anyone agree?

You also have to add that if , god forbid, Romo goes down again this year. We'd be picking in the top 10 again with a competent qb already under the wing.
It'd be a tough call but I can tell you that I'd be pissed if the Boys had given up as much picks as the Eagles/Rams gave up.

Back
Top Bottom