2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Man, I don't eem wanna hear this Durant to Clippers stuff right now :lol:

Go to Boston :pimp:

To be truly honest, this off season for KD is being overblown. There's not much to discuss cause I truly believe he's taking the one year in OKC this year and we'll be doing this again next year.

Unless they win the title next year then there will be no discussion to go had whatsoever.

Last edited:
Unless they win the title next year then there will be no discussion to go had whatsoever.
tumblr_inline_o3lal2V7hr1shrb8p_500.gif

With KD now having a host location for the meetings in the Hamptons this has a The Decision 2.0 smell to it. He's not interested in doing this to be wined and dined by these teams....he's legitimately interested in their actual pitches.

Yea I'm starting to believe less and less that he'll take OKC's 1 year as the details of his supposed meeting keep leaking out...:nerd:

Last edited:
Brilliant plan by Roc Nation.

"Make them come to you" is what I can picture Jay telling him.

KD going right back home and telling Russ, "I've heard it all, we're closest to the Chip right here man, we're good in OKC, let's enjoy Summer and then get to work" :pimp:

Last edited:
Thinking about Barnes to the Sixers, the Warriors getting back Covington and Grant in a sign and trade would make some sense right? Both can play viable roles and are locked up for cheap.

Felt like he wasn't used as the right way. Not sure if it was his age or just Doc Rivers using him and every other SF wrong. He played really clutch for the Wizards the year before.
At his age, a single year can be the difference between "decent NBA veteran player" and "complete trash". This has been seen with countless players throughout NBA history. And he already stepped into the complete trash zone last season except this season he will be even older.

Last edited:
Thinking about Barnes to the Sixers, the Warriors getting back Covington and Grant in a sign and trade would make some sense right? Both can play viable roles and are locked up for cheap.

If Warriors got Covington and Grant. :x

Both are locked up for 2m per combined over the next two, cheap is an understatement.

Philly really bout to shoot themselves in the kneecaps with a 12 gauge.

What if he does a sign & trade w/ a 1+1?

Is a 1+1 still considered a 1 yr contract & the bird rights are lost when traded?

Or does it not matter at all because for the purposes of bird rights, leaving in a sign & trade is equivalent to just signing w/ the other team outright and bird rights are lost anyway?

Cause if you're telling him 100% fully guaranteed 250 mil, I really don't think he's leaving OKC.

I imagine KD wouldn't want to jerk around the franchise that he's been pretty loyal to his entire career.

Just from the outside looking in I could see him signing a 1 year deal with the team he intends to spend his future with, and then signing a max with that same team next summer. Barring some kind of catastrophic event... It's a gamble but it obviously would be great if it paid off.

quarter of a BILLION to stay tho? mannnnnnnn

Last edited:
What if he does a sign & trade w/ a 1+1?

Is a 1+1 still considered a 1 yr contract & the bird rights are lost when traded?

Or does it not matter at all because for the purposes of bird rights, leaving in a sign & trade is equivalent to just signing w/ the other team outright and bird rights are lost anyway?

Cause if you're telling him 100% fully guaranteed 250 mil, I really don't think he's leaving OKC.
Good question, not exactly sure. But I think sign and trades have to be three year contacts (but could technically make last two years non-guarantees). And I think he would lose his Bird Rights.

Anyways, Sam Hinkie is alive and well.

The man who just can't win: Sam Hinkie (finally) speaks

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597961/sam-hinkie-just-win-tale-process-ultimate-fall

I imagine KD wouldn't want to jerk around the franchise that he's been pretty loyal to his entire career.

Just from the outside looking in I could see him signing a 1 year deal with the team he intends to spend his future with, and then signing a max with that same team next summer. Barring some kind of catastrophic event... It's a gamble but it obviously would be great if it paid off.

quarter of a BILLION to stay tho? mannnnnnnn

IF he does leave.

It probably will be the case. 1 year and the handshake to re-up after that year.

I thought it was a 100% lock he stayed all year. But now, just with everything I have heard (from legit sources of course), I feel it is about 70-30 he stays.

Yeah its not news, but you're already seeing the "the Cavs don't have the bird rights and cant pay him a full max blah blah blah.

Knicks got like 40 million in cap room, they could sign anybody.

Which is a good thing and a very scary one at the same time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom