2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Woj:
“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’” 
Damn it, Kev.

Sort of looking like it's only a matter of time before some loose lips in OKC that feel scorned about this whole **** go and spill their guts out. Probably as an anonymous source in some hit piece.

@PMatic brought it up a few days ago...it must have been awkward as **** and uncomfortable for certain guys on both squads. If this stuff is true, I get why they'd be pissed though. I doubt they'll stay silent on it much longer.

The $88 shoe comment.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Man...

I hope my guy is ready for all the vitriol coming his way next season.

Last edited:
No kidding.  Dudes hear about a press conference and just assume the head coach is going to step down.

No rumor emphasis on RUMOR is Stevens is going to IU to be groomed to take over for Creen. And signing press conferences are usually labeled as such, but they called this a major team announcement.

That's not happening man. Literally makes zero sense. Get this nonsense outta here dawg

What happened to Philly being busy this offseason?  They have made like next to no moves.

They're doing what the Lakers should have done. Just offer overpays on 1 year deals to vets and try again next summer. I read somewhere yesterday where they offered Crawford 1 year 25 million.

Exactly. They've already had a busy summer with 6 new players entering next season.

Embiid
Simmons
Saric
Timothe
Bayless
Henderson
Sergio Rodriguez

That's a whole new team right there. Plus we are still in the running for Crabbe and are quietly shopping one of our bigs.

Given that this year is still a rebuild year, we are looking to score big at next year's draft. How so?
We either land a top 5 lottery pick on our own or if Sacramento tanks, we get their pick if it's better than ours.
We also land Lakers pick because from the looks of it, they won't be bad enough to land a top 4 pick and their pick is top 4 protected

We will have cap space for next year but will take our time developing and evaluating our young core.

I think their offseason has been great so far.

Woj:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5163/[/URL]"]
“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’” 

Damn it, Kev.

Sort of looking like it's only a matter of time before some loose lips in OKC that feel scorned about this whole **** go and spill their guts out. Probably as an anonymous source in some hit piece.

@PMatic
brought it up a few days ago...it must have been awkward as **** and uncomfortable for certain guys on both squads. If this stuff is true, I get why they'd be pissed though. I doubt they'll stay silent on it much longer.

The $88 shoe comment. :lol: :smh: Man...

I hope my guy is ready for all the vitriol coming his way next season.
[/quote]

Interesting...didn't Iguodala do the same when he was a Nugget and they faced each other that one year? Iggy made up his mind midway through the series. Players were bothered by that.

Sneaky Warriors.

Again, would be hilarious if silver hit the Warriors for tampering considering how open they are being with how they courted him from time

Maybe that explains Durant going 10/31 in game 6 and those late turnovers :nerd:

KD's performance in game 7 and that long *** hug with Steph after the buzzer looking real funny in the light

And for a dude seemingly sensitive about the media, he no longer has that Westbrook bulletproof vest available for him..

Cause I can't really think of a time Durant really got roasted anywhere near some other guys have in the past

Derrick got forced out of his hometown
Wade signed with the Bulls
KD signed with the Warriors
Duncan retiring
Now Brad Stevens rumored to be leaving

I'm sure there's loads I'm forgetting.

Hard to keep track.

I wonder what will happen next.

Last edited:
What happened to Philly being busy this offseason?  They have made like next to no moves.

They're doing what the Lakers should have done. Just offer overpays on 1 year deals to vets and try again next summer. I read somewhere yesterday where they offered Crawford 1 year 25 million.

Exactly. They've already had a busy summer with 6 new players entering next season.

Embiid
Simmons
Saric
Timothe
Bayless
Henderson
Sergio Rodriguez

That's a whole new team right there. Plus we are still in the running for Crabbe and are quietly shopping one of our bigs.

Given that this year is still a rebuild year, we are looking to score big at next year's draft. How so?
We either land a top 5 lottery pick on our own or if Sacramento tanks, we get their pick if it's better than ours.
We also land Lakers pick because from the looks of it, they won't be bad enough to land a top 4 pick and their pick is top 4 protected

We will have cap space for next year but will take our time developing and evaluating our young core.

I think their offseason has been great so far.

Awesome. I hope we go after one of those top notch PG's next year. Dennis Smith would be :pimp:

Derrick got forced out of his hometown
Wade signed with the Bulls
KD signed with the Warriors
Duncan retiring
Now Brad Stevens rumored to be leaving

I'm sure there's loads I'm forgetting.

Hard to keep track.

I wonder what will happen next.
didn't Brad Stevens sign a 5+ year extension?

Brad Stevens ain't leaving an NBA gig to "get groomed to take over" for Tom Crean.
laugh.gif
That might be the weirdest rumor of the offseason.

The day he decides he wants to go back to the college ranks is the day he'll get pretty much get any job of his choosing.

But anyways, Stevens just completed Year 3 of his original 6 year deal. Then the owner went ahead and locked him down even more by replacing that long-term extension with another long-term extension.
laugh.gif

Ainge got the same treatment too, they were both announced at the same time a few weeks ago.

Interesting...didn't Iguodala do the same when he was a Nugget and they faced each other that one year? Iggy made up his mind midway through the series. Players were bothered by that.

Sneaky Warriors.

Iggy was giving Mark Jackson inside information on the Nuggets. Can't stand dude.

It's only tampering if the front offices do it. You can't really stop players from talking to each other, even during the season. But this coming out makes me believe he was out regardless.

The $88 shoe comment. :lol: :smh: Man...
That's after he originally said this:

"We couldn't afford the Pennys, the Pippens, the Jordans," Durant told The Oklahoman on Thursday. "I had one pair of Team Jordan's, and I wore them everywhere. I hooped in them, played football in them. I had some Shaqs from K-Mart and a pair of Tim Duncans. But I couldn't get a bunch of different ones like I wanted."

Durant's memory of not being able to have the shoes he wanted had a big impact when it came time to price his own line of shoes.

While NBA stars like Kobe Bryant and LeBron James have shoe lines that cost around $150, Durant offers his Nike KD line at $88. His shoe has become one of the most popular on the market.

"If they were $125 I wasn't getting them, but $88, that's reasonable," Durant said. "Plus, I had a brother, too, so my mom wasn't paying $120 for two pairs of shoes. I put them at $88 and a lot of people have been buying them and that's what it's been like for the last couple years."

Link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom