2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

is there a team that fits russ better than OKC. he can get much more from a diff city outside of basketball, but what situation is better for his career and style of play?

LA - roster too young, few years away
NY - roster too old
Bos - good situation in the east, not sure how much he'd have to sacrifice in a system like that
If Zeke has a green light...I don't think Russ would have to sacrifice much.

You could own D.Wade's Chicago home for 350k

Link
Why so cheap? Only 45 $ a square foot for damn near 8000s/ft, **** is a mansion. Did he throw his celebrity weed and sex parties there too?

Wade lived in the house with his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches until 2007, when the couple divorced. Funches received the house in a settlement that included $5 million and $25,000 in monthly child support, according to reports, but the bank foreclosed on the house in 2014 after she stopped making mortgage payments. Let’s just say Wade won’t be moving back in now that he’s returned to Chicago.

“It’s got out of control — it’s like a jungle back there,” RE/MAX real estate agent Gregory Wallace told the Chicago Tribune. “It’s fair to say it’s not move-in ready. … The house is not in the best of shape.”

Link

Property taxes are through the roof, tho...

I still don’t think it really has set in, but Kevin Durant to the Golden State Warriors felt very natural — what it was supposed to be. It felt so right.

The Based God always works in very different ways. Me being Lil B, I don’t want to say it was super unexpected, but it was amazing. The Based God understood. I know The Based God definitely knew and had it foreseen.

Kevin Durant’s decision said a lot of things. I definitely commend him for being brave, for trying something new. Making new things happen. Making things happen that people wouldn’t normally think is conventional. He did something that was very brave, I think, and showed he does feel something. A lot of questions were answered.

The curse had to be removed for the simple fact that Kevin Durant has shown his humility by coming to the Warriors. Me being Lil B, I really feel like The Based God did it because The Based God is humble and very empathetic. Just from what I’ve seen, Kevin Durant has shown that he wants change.

I was always just protecting The Based God. The Based God said the curse is over, so the curse is officially over. As for a sorry, I don’t need one. I think Kevin Durant has shown where his heart is. And his heart is in the Bay Area.

I want him to hang out with the people of the Bay Area. Have fun. Listen to the music. Get a feel of everybody around. Different places. Feel the welcome. People are so excited to see him play and be a part of a Bay Area team.

Our one-on-one game still has to happen. I think it’s for the love of the sport. The world wants to see it — hundreds of thousands, millions of people. They want to know what would happen with this game. They’re obviously interested.

At this point, I like where I’m at right now with my game and how much better I’ve gotten. I’m a real defensive guy. My defense really speaks loudly, which rolls over on offense. I have a pretty decent midrange shot. I like getting to the rack. I like getting to the hoop. I’m kind of like Russell Westbrook, but I can’t dunk. Just as far as going to the hole. I’m not saying all aspects of Russell Westbrook’s game because I don’t have the same aspects. I’m coming to the court with a lot of confidence now. It’s definitely different. I definitely do think I’m ready to play KD. Winning, who knows? But I definitely know I am ready to play him.

When he wants to talk about it, I know I’m more than happy to, with open arms and a lot of love. It’s just about playing a nice game of basketball, one-on-one, for the love of the game. But now, for me, it’s just about him focusing on the Warriors’ season. Focusing on winning, getting this championship. I’m really excited to see them play. He knows he’s home. Everybody knows he’s home.

No predictions right now from The Based God on how many championships the Warriors will win, but I don’t know about any other starting lineup that could potentially have more offensive firepower than these guys. This is going to be a really exciting season.

Welcome home, KD. Welcome home. Keep going, my brother. Stay positive. We love you in the Bay. We’re excited to see you play. Definitely look out for me courtside. — Lil B
56008096.jpg

"Parsons spent parts of fashion week hanging out with Blake Griffin, whom he calls his best friend in the league. The two have known each other since they were 12. Unprompted, Parsons wonders out loud: "He has a player option in a couple of years, right?"

The recruit gawd Parsons about to bring Blake to Memphis next offseason.

"Parsons spent parts of fashion week hanging out with Blake Griffin, whom he calls his best friend in the league. The two have known each other since they were 12. Unprompted, Parsons wonders out loud: "He has a player option in a couple of years, right?"
The recruit gawd Parsons about to bring Blake to Memphis next offseason.
he lost that moniker when he couldn't pull in Dwight or deandre

He pulled Dwight in to Houston. What do you mean?
“Chandler was relentless,” explained a source close to the situation to FORBES. ”[Chandler] called and texted [Dwight] every day, even face-timed and would answer every question Dwight could potentially have. We would drive to his house in the hills and talk to him. Basically Chandler Parsons recruited him like Nick Saban and a 5-star defensive tackle; they hardly knew each other at beginning of process.”

And he basically got Deandre. Its not his fault that Deandre changed his mind :lol:

All I know is, I feel much better about our ability to recruit bigger names now. We'll definitely be in the running to get Blake, I know that much.

Last edited:

He pulled Dwight in to Houston. What do you mean?
“Chandler was relentless,” explained a source close to the situation to FORBES. ”[Chandler] called and texted [Dwight] every day, even face-timed and would answer every question Dwight could potentially have. We would drive to his house in the hills and talk to him. Basically Chandler Parsons recruited him like Nick Saban and a 5-star defensive tackle; they hardly knew each other at beginning of process.”
And he basically got Deandre. Its not his fault that Deandre changed his mind
laugh.gif

All I know is, I feel much better about our ability to recruit bigger names now. We'll definitely be in the running to get Blake, I know that much.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...vericks-starts-recruiting-pitch-dwight-howard

and if you don't 'seal the deal', you don't get points for ALMOST getting someone.. ask danny ainge on that one

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...vericks-starts-recruiting-pitch-dwight-howard

and if you don't 'seal the deal', you don't get points for ALMOST getting someone.. ask danny ainge on that one

Parsons decided he was leaving Dallas after they didn't want to give him the max. So, why would he recruit Dwight to Dallas without Dallas committing the max to him? :lol: You can't use this offseason's situation and say he's not able to recruit when its clear he's been able to lure Dwight in Houston and also get a verbal agreement from Deandre.

When its all said and done, if Memphis shows they can be an elite team in the West next year...we will have a great shot if Parsons puts his recruiting gloves on. Zbo and TA will take paycuts and bring Blake into town. Blake will joins forces with the one guy who bullied him and makes his former team worse.

Last edited:
Just saw glen Taylor's comments on not trading Rubio

He said "I think coach wants to bring in an assistant to work on his shooting"

Lol finally

:lol: Grizzlies aren't getting Blake.

Well Parsons mention he will be a recruiter for this team going forward as long as he's here. So, until you can prove to me its not possible, you're not saying nothing :lol:

What other team would he want to go to?

Boston getting him? Why would he go there?

OKC has a shot, but if Russ leaving it doesn't matter. The same ol' "Superstar" to a big market thing is dead until those big markets prove they can win.

Last edited:
Man Nick Young and Problems got waxed yesterday smh it was a waste of time 
laugh.gif
 Brandon Jennings squad COA is nice though, him and Jordan Crawford in the backcourt is lit.

Parsons decided he was leaving Dallas after they didn't want to give him the max. So, why would he recruit Dwight to Dallas without Dallas committing the max to him?
laugh.gif
You can't use this offseason's situation and say he's not able to recruit when its clear he's been able to lure Dwight in Houston and also get a verbal agreement from Deandre.

When its all said and done, if Memphis shows they can be an elite team in the West next year...we will have a great shot if Parsons puts his recruiting gloves on. Zbo and TA will take paycuts and bring Blake into town. Blake will joins forces with the one guy who bullied him and makes his former team worse.
so him getting Dwight to Houston is all you got?

without factoring in the under the table aspect of them sharing the same agent.. and morey agreeing to let parsons out of the final year of his deal if Dwight signed (so the agent could make more money on any future deal signed)

It all makes sense now. Based God intentionally had the Warriors beat OKC in heartbreaking fashion...and sacrificed a Warriors finals loss...so that the dubs wouldn't resign Barnes...paving the way for KD to come to the Warriors. Setting up a dynasty.

Lil B was 5 steps ahead of us..

so him getting Dwight to Houston is all you got?

without factoring in the under the table aspect of them sharing the same agent.. and morey agreeing to let parsons out of the final year of his deal if Dwight signed (so the agent could make more money on any future deal signed)

How many guys did you want him to recruit?

Parsons also said he would recruit dwight AFTER he re-signed with Dallas. He obviously didn't re-sign so I don't understand your point.

How would memphis be able to afford Blake's max anyway?

I dont think there's a chance in hell he goes to memphis but I felt the same way abt bron and kd leaving so we'll see :lol:

Will the grizzlies even have cap space next year after spending a kabillion dollars on washed parsons and conley?

:lol: Grizzlies aren't getting Blake.

Well Parsons mention he will be a recruiter for this team going forward as long as he's here. So, until you can prove to me its not possible, you're not saying nothing :lol:

What other team would he want to go to?

Boston getting him? Why would he go there?

OKC has a shot, but if Russ leaving it doesn't matter. The same ol' "Superstar" to a big market thing is dead until those big markets prove they can win.

Blake is butt buddies with DJ. DJ would just put a chair up against the door.

I would love to see Blake in Memphis doe. would be hilarious to see Grizz fans defend his flopping :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom