2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

back to this again
laugh.gif

meanwhile, no one still answered my question as to why the clippers are levels above the grizz. the conversation just went away with no one making a real point.
Maybe its the whole them being better the past 5 years? Of course that may not be true next season but...

Maybe its the whole them being better the past 5 years? Of course that may not be true next season but...

And this is being proven by what? Regular season records?

Playoff success?

MEM - LAC

2011-12
41 W's / 40 W's

2012-13
56 W's / 56 W's

2013-14
50 W's / 57 W's

2014-15
55 W's / 56 W's

Last season was the biggest gap and we all know what happened with the Memphis team.

Then, if we start looking at playoff records, its the same thing. No team outshines the other.

Basketball isn't a matter of looking at players on a piece of paper. How these teams perform against each other and competition makes a big difference as well. What I've been seeing is both teams being a lot closer than what people say despite them having "better talent".

Last edited:
What great analysis :lol:

No one has still given a clear reason as to why.

Grizz are vastly overrated. Don't understand the hype or praise.

Grizz are vastly underrated. The fact that most people are saying they are a bottom feeder playoff team because of 1 year of injuries is funny.

Last edited:
back to this again
laugh.gif

meanwhile, no one still answered my question as to why the clippers are levels above the grizz. the conversation just went away with no one making a real point.
because they are better at every position other than maybe SF.

Last 5 years playoff records

Clippers won 21-29 (2 1st round exits); still no WCF appearance

Grizzlies: 20-24 (3 1st round exits)

because they are better at every position other than maybe SF.

:lol: at Deandre Jordan being considered better than Marc

Still waiting on the great disparity between both teams. The analysis in here fell off hard a while back.

Marc is much better than Jordan. Parsons is much better than whoever they have at SF. Let's not even go into what they would look like against each other in a playoff series.

Last edited:
Grizz peaked in 2013.

2 of their best 3 players are on the wrong side of 30...and one coming off a major injury. Their "star" PG is vastly overpaid...even with the new cap. And is also coming off an injury. Their offseason addition is another oft injured wing. Though he gives them much needed spacing. Bench is funny in the light, and very unproven.

There still isn't enough shooting. This is a 5-8 seed team with a quick first round exit.

Grizz peaked in 2013.

2 of their best 3 players are on the wrong side of 30...and one coming off a major injury. Their "star" PG is vastly overpaid...even with the new cap. And is also coming off an injury. Their offseason addition is another oft injured wing. Though he gives them much needed spacing. Bench is funny in the light, and very unproven.

There still isn't enough shooting. This is a 5-8 seed team with a quick first round exit.

How is Marc on the wrong side of 30 when he and Chris Paul are the same age?

Blake not coming off an injury?

See what I'm saying? Why do all of these things only happen to the Grizz? What about the Clippers issues? :lol:

Last edited:
Joerger was hyped as the answer at head coach and the real reason the Memphis defense was as good as it had been. He gets fired and now it won't affect the team :lol:

Parsons was a bad signing for Dallas a few years ago. Memphis signs him for twice as much and now it's a good signing.

I can't eem tow it.

I'll place a $100 wager with you that the Clippers finish ahead of Memphis barring any major injuries on either team.

How is Marc on the wrong side of 30 when he and Chris Paul are the same age?

Chris Paul has, and will continue to be a better player than Marc Gasol. The Cp3 fall off hasn't happened yet.

But that 36 year old Zbo and 31 year old Gasol FC isn't what it was 3 years ago.

Joerger was hyped as the answer at head coach and the real reason the Memphis defense was as good as it had been. He gets fired and now it won't affect the team :lol:

Parsons was a bad signing for Dallas a few years ago. Memphis signs him for twice as much and now it's a good signing.

I can't eem tow it.

I'll place a $100 wager with you that the Clippers finish ahead of Memphis barring any major injuries on either team.

Never said it wouldn't effect Memphis defense. I know for a FACT I didn't say that :lol: I said I don't know how our defense would look under Fizdale.

And you need to go more in depth about having Parsons in Memphis. He's one of the better wings we've had (probably the best) with this group of guys. He brings something that no other wing brought to the table. It was a considered a major need for the team.

No, bet $100 wager that the Clippers last longer in the playoffs than Memphis. One team has to go further than the other. Since the Clippers are a much better team and the playoff records show they are much better over the last 5 years, let's do that.

Chris Paul has, and will continue to be a better player than Marc Gasol. The Cp3 fall off hasn't happened yet.

But that 36 year old Zbo and 31 year old Gasol FC isn't what it was 3 years ago.

I'm not comparing Marc to Chris Paul as a Player A vs Player B discussion. Marc has not shown to be the wrong side of 30 because he didn't play much last year. I do know his last healthy season he put up career numbers. So, where is this coming from? I do know Marc is still a better basketball player than Deandre Jordan. Much better.

Last edited:
Chris PAul =/== Marc Gasol

Marc is great but CP3 has not fallen off at all. He is one of the best PG's of all-time, a HOF and still a top 10 guy in the league.

Marc is great but he's 30+ coming off a foot injury which is scary for big guys and is not an amazing athlete in the first place.

Blake is coming back from an injurt that isn't ligament related and is an elite athlete in the peak of his athletic prime.

Everyone except for Conley on the Grizz is past their peak or has already had devastating injuries.

Clips have issues and their issues are Doc Rivers as a GM and lack of depth. But they have three guys that are as good as anybody else's big 3 in the league pretty much.

Grizz don't have that.

Last 5 years playoff records

Clippers won 21-29 (2 1st round exits); still no WCF appearance

Grizzlies: 20-24 (3 1st round exits)
laugh.gif
at Deandre Jordan being considered better than Marc

Still waiting on the great disparity between both teams. The analysis in here fell off hard a while back.

Marc is much better than Jordan. Parsons is much better than whoever they have at SF. Let's not even go into what they would look like against each other in a playoff series.
Marc may be the better offensive player, but Deandre is a better defender and rebounder which fits better on the team.  Marc is also about to be 32, deandre is about to be 28.  I'd rather have deandre.

But since we are doing this, Paul is much better than overpaid bum.

Blake is better than 35 year old ZBO.

reddick is better than whoever the hell the grizzlies have a SG.

Which leaves 4th option chandler parson.  Congrats on spending 100M on a guy who has had 2 knee surgeries.  

But this whole discussion began because people have th clippers finishing top three and Memphis finishing bottom 4 :lol:

Do you agree that th Clippers will finish ahead of Memphis? If so, wouldn't you agree that higher-seeded teams usually fair better in the playoffs than lower-seeded teams? If you agree with all thi I don't see why uou get so upset when people post their predictions.

Is this how you really analyze basketball?

So and so is better than ____

so that automatically means the team is better. The disparity in these players are not great enough to say the Clippers are heads and shoulders better. Unless Deandre takes some huge leap forward to being a dominant center and the Memphis playrs take a huge step back, its not happening. The last 5 years have proven that.

But this whole discussion began because people have th clippers finishing top three and Memphis finishing bottom 4 :lol:

Do you agree that th Clippers will finish ahead of Memphis? If so, wouldn't you agree that higher-seeded teams usually fair better in the playoffs than lower-seeded teams? If you agree with all thi I don't see why uou get so upset when people post their predictions.

Most people have Memphis finishing at a bottom 2 position in the playoffs and some even think they'll miss the playoffs. My argument is that Memphis is much closer to the top 4 and fall within the same level of competitiveness as the Clippers. I just showed you their records over the last 5 years. You think I'm going to lose a $100 bet if Memphis wins 50 games and the Clippers win 51 games? That's not going to prove anything, but what I've been stating :lol: . We should be seeing a 8-10 game disparity in records next year with BOTH teams healthy if people are saying LAC is THAT much better.

Last year it showed, but Memphis played 29 players and were without their 2 best players for almost half the season. They also didn't have Parsons. So, if you think the Clippers are 8-10 games better than Memphis when both healthy, let's bet on that. Hell, I'll even say a 5-7 game dispariy.

Last edited:
Chris PAul =/== Marc Gasol

Marc is great but CP3 has not fallen off at all. He is one of the best PG's of all-time, a HOF and still a top 10 guy in the league.

Marc is great but he's 30+ coming off a foot injury which is scary for big guys and is not an amazing athlete in the first place.

Blake is coming back from an injurt that isn't ligament related and is an elite athlete in the peak of his athletic prime.

Everyone except for Conley on the Grizz is past their peak or has already had devastating injuries.

Clips have issues and their issues are Doc Rivers as a GM and lack of depth. But they have three guys that are as good as anybody else's big 3 in the league pretty much.

Grizz don't have that.

There it is. Well said

Back
Top Bottom