2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Whenever you start waiters and Williams you have to worry, not just worry that you'll miss the playoffs but worry that you'll be atrocious

Not to mention they have no leader and no key productive veteran on the floor

If you want to say someone's speaking in hyperbole then put your money where your mouth is. Put up that $150

Making a bet just to show confidence in an argument is pointless to me. It's really not that serious, but to each his own. :lol:

As for leadership you have a point. Sure they're gonna miss a guy like Wade and Bosh who are floor leaders, but the young guys like Winslow, TJ, and Richardson are very mature despite their age and already have playoff experience. And quiet as it's kept Udonis Haslem is still there and has been backbone in the locker room for years. He keeps guys accountable. Despite that, this is probably the biggest reason I feel this team will struggle.

But the OG argument wasn't leadership. It was a question of decent talent, which the Heat do have, IMO. A few fringe all-stars, 3&D players, some decent shooters, and athletic youngsters who have room to improve.

As for Waiters, the Heat have Josh Richardson ready a willing to step up if that experiment fails. And Pat Riley, Elisberg, and Co. are not afraid to make moves if they don't like the direction of the team.

And lets not overlook the coaching. Spoelstra has shown to be a miracle worker with less talent. Look at the Pre-Big 3 era Heat. Wade and a roster of nobodies and rookies made it to back to back playoffs as 4 and 8 seeds respectively. So it's not out the question for him to show similar success with, what I feel to be, a more balanced team. They lack a superstar, but have more talent on more positions than those old Heat teams.

Last edited:
I believe the east is getting stronger from the bottom up. Talent in relation to the rest of the field, I wouldn't consider them a sure bet on anything

Wade and Odom took a roster of nobodies to where they did. Then again that was wade and Odom. They don't have that 1-2 punch now despite the coaching staff

Bottom line is I'd be more comfortable saying they're closer to the bottom than competing for the 8th seed.. gun to my head

I believe the east is getting stronger from the bottom up. Talent in relation to the rest of the field, I wouldn't consider them a sure bet on anything

Wade and Odom took a roster of nobodies to where they did. Then again that was wade and Odom. They don't have that 1-2 punch now despite the coaching staff

Bottom line is I'd be more comfortable saying they're closer to the bottom than competing for the 8th seed.. gun to my head

Odom wasn't on those teams 08-10 teams. Wade's 2nd best player was probably a rookie Michael Beasley. There was no 1-2 punch. It was Wade or bust.

But I respect your opinion. We'll wait and see family.

Last edited:

id consider them a sure bet not to finish dead last or bottom 3. id consider them a sure bet for them to finish with a better record then the sixers. 

Absolutely correct my mistake. Point still remains the heat have nowhere near that prime wade. Those years he was probably at his peak.. coaching can take you so far

Last edited:
CtJO3CcWgAAPBzb.jpg

Ready to watch the youngin's + Whiteside/Dragic, If Tyler Johnson can stay healthy he could surprise people simply off of increased USG% /continuity. Still a decent group of plus defenders, hopefully Spo could sneak them in the top 10-15 defensively

Hype.

Looking forward to finally seeing Embiid in an NBA game; hopefully he can stay healthy (big if I know).

Back
Top Bottom