2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Man I have no clue what I am going to wind up doing at 12 with the b2b picks. What WRs are generally on the board still? IIRC I had #7 last season and went AJ.

TE wise I have my eye on guys like (no order) Doyle, Brate, OJ Howard, ASJ (late), Walker, Rudolph.

I never take for key tight ends. If you go by that rule you'll be ready 95 out of 100 times. As far as asj I think he has hands like feet. At 12 you most likely will have Michael Thomas and Freeman available which is not a bad start. If Freeman is not there you have DeMarco Murray. I'm starting to get more and more love for that guy

I don't know how to feel about Murray.

He had a great year last season but I feel like Henry will be more involved this season. Tennessee has one of the best OL units in the league so whoever's back there should have some success.

So drafting from the 1 spot in a 10 team PPR league, I would be looking at these players potentially being available: Amari Cooper, Dez Bryant, DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks with Leonard Fournette and Lamar Miller at RB.

If I go with David Johnson at 1, would it be a good idea to grab 2 WRs like Dez and Amari if they're there? Or possible grabbing Fournette and one of those WRs?

I never take for key tight ends. If you go by that rule you'll be ready 95 out of 100 times. As far as asj I think he has hands like feet. At 12 you most likely will have Michael Thomas and Freeman available which is not a bad start. If Freeman is not there you have DeMarco Murray. I'm starting to get more and more love for that guy

You think Cooks will be there at 12? I wouldn't be opposed to going BPA WR and then Freeman at pick 13. Getting a stud RB goes against the zero-RB plan :lol: but how could I pass on the chance.

TE wise I have my eye on guys like (no order) Doyle, Brate, OJ Howard, ASJ (late), Walker, Rudolph.

Take a look at Austin Hooper. Jacob Tamme is gone & ATL TE's combined for 700 yards & 10 TD's last season.

Not saying he'll put up those kinds of numbers but ~500 yards & 5 TD's is very possible.

Take a look at Austin Hooper. Jacob Tamme is gone & ATL TE's combined for 700 yards & 10 TD's last season.

Not saying he'll put up those kinds of numbers but ~500 yards & 5 TD's is very possible.

Not a bad name either. I feel as if I say I have my eyes on certain TEs, but always wind up streaming guys :lol:

They said the Marco Murray was going to lose carries last year and he was a beast. I think Tennessee is going to be a much better team which means more running at the end of the game. If he loses some carries it's not the end of the world. He's going to catch 45 passes this year so in a PPR League he's even more valuable

Austin Hooper has upside. If you're playing in a competitive league you're going to be weak somewhere. So taking a guy like Hooper late in the draft with the potential of some nice upside is not a bad thing at all

I already have a feeling there will be a reach or two made before it's my turn at 12. That's just how the guys in my league are. Question still remains who I'll have to choose from.

Going to be nerve-racking seeing as we are drafting live in person :lol:

any good informative sites you guys got? I'm legit lost right now

I did a lot of research last year and got ****ed

this year I'm completely clueless, I legit forgot majority of players names |l need to make playoffs this year man. think my league got bumped to $300. Looking to do 2 maybe 3 leagues. Would like to do a cash league with some NTers

If they start reaching for guy like Cooks that is going to leave you some wonderful eating. Guys like Gordon and AJ Green will be there then.

Last edited:
If you look at the nffc adp's it'll give you some good advice also on your iPhone or Android go to the Play Store and download a free app called FNTSY . A show called fantasy gold is really good with two buddies of mine Corey Parson and Matt Modica. They have me on a few times a year

If they start reaching for guy like Cooks that is going to leave you some wonderful eating. Guys like Gordon and AJ Green will be there then.

So hypothetically, if Green & Melvin are there at 12 & 13, should I take that combo of picks instead of WR's b2b?

Full-point PPR.

Go with your gut my friend. Always go with your gut. If you like Freeman better than Gordon then go with him

How do you guys feel about drafting Brandon Marshall in terms of what round and do you think his production takes away from ODB

If healthy which is a question for him, he should put up wide receiver three numbers. With the ceiling of wide receiver two numbers. The Giants should be a strictly passing team this year. I think Paul Perkins will be on might do not draft list

If healthy which is a question for him, he should put up wide receiver three numbers. With the ceiling of wide receiver two numbers. The Giants should be a strictly passing team this year. I think Paul Perkins will be on might do not draft list

And to think I thought Perkins would be a nice, 'zero-RB' type draft pick.

Shepard injured his ankle today, carted off. Severity isn't out there yet, but it didn't look too good. Say he's out for an extended period of time, I would for sure look at Marshall fairly early. I don't think it's health with him; last season he just mentally checked out on the Jets once the ship went way off course.

Back
Top Bottom